Jump to content
Netduma Liam

NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.205

Recommended Posts

On 8/20/2021 at 9:30 AM, kgrm said:

Almost 2 months later, any update of this?

Still waiting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is a great day for firmware.

All jokes aside.

In the future y'all should allow users to sign up for beta access. Of course with the disclaimer that it's a beta and could have bugs. 

That way if someone signs up and then starts complaining about the bugs instead of just reporting them you could remove them from the program.

Beta access is a privilege not a right and if you don't want to help improve the firmware kindly move on.

Move the group of inside testers you currently have to an alpha program. The alpha testers can make sure things are stable enough to release a beta.

This is another way to get the community involved and help mitigate frustrations while we wait for stable firmware.

If firmware isn't coming out today or in another week or two y'all should consider updating the community via a all your social media platforms.

I for one know that one of the biggest issues you're trying to nail down is R-apps not loading properly.

If you let the community know that's the thing you've been working on and it's been a pain in the neck at least there's an explanation to why things are taking so long.

Just a tweet and a quick YouTube video saying hey guys it's been way longer than we expected for it to be releasing a new firmware we're trying to fix this major issue and we've got it nailed down finally! it's going to be a little bit longer thank you for your patience and understanding.

So many people are frustrated I think it's time to say something.

Not just underneath this post.

Everywhere!

You guys have social media use it.

Sorry for ranting again.

I hope you know it's out of love for the product and the team. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2021 at 1:23 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You'll need to enable remote support in WAN Settings and make sure your ISP modem/router is in bridge/modem mode or has the R2 in the DMZ so it is accessible to us. You don't need to do anything/available for us to do this. Once you've done that let us know and a dev can remotely connect next week to do so

can any dev help me out today with updating my R2 ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's the weekend so there are no devs available but I'll see if they can do it next week

ok

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 9:50 AM, KindaBusted said:

Today is a great day for firmware.

All jokes aside.

In the future y'all should allow users to sign up for beta access. Of course with the disclaimer that it's a beta and could have bugs. 

That way if someone signs up and then starts complaining about the bugs instead of just reporting them you could remove them from the program.

Beta access is a privilege not a right and if you don't want to help improve the firmware kindly move on.

Move the group of inside testers you currently have to an alpha program. The alpha testers can make sure things are stable enough to release a beta.

This is another way to get the community involved and help mitigate frustrations while we wait for stable firmware.

If firmware isn't coming out today or in another week or two y'all should consider updating the community via a all your social media platforms.

I for one know that one of the biggest issues you're trying to nail down is R-apps not loading properly.

If you let the community know that's the thing you've been working on and it's been a pain in the neck at least there's an explanation to why things are taking so long.

Just a tweet and a quick YouTube video saying hey guys it's been way longer than we expected for it to be releasing a new firmware we're trying to fix this major issue and we've got it nailed down finally! it's going to be a little bit longer thank you for your patience and understanding.

So many people are frustrated I think it's time to say something.

Not just underneath this post.

Everywhere!

You guys have social media use it.

Sorry for ranting again.

I hope you know it's out of love for the product and the team. 

 

 

 

 

 

I luv this, I'm down. "Signing up for BETA".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2021 at 1:51 PM, ddavis585 said:

ok

 

I don't appear to be able to access your router, did you hit Save General after enabling remote access to tech support? Is the R2s WAN IP (Check System Information) an external IP or does it look something like 192.168.x.x?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2021 at 9:12 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

We are planning on releasing an update on what is happening, just need the go ahead but it will provide some clarity and clear some things up.

Should we expect info this week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2021 at 5:40 AM, Netduma Liam said:

I don't appear to be able to access your router, did you hit Save General after enabling remote access to tech support? Is the R2s WAN IP (Check System Information) an external IP or does it look something like 192.168.x.x?

i enabled it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2021 at 5:40 AM, Netduma Liam said:

I don't appear to be able to access your router, did you hit Save General after enabling remote access to tech support? Is the R2s WAN IP (Check System Information) an external IP or does it look something like 192.168.x.x?

can you send a private message

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2021 at 5:40 AM, Netduma Liam said:

I don't appear to be able to access your router, did you hit Save General after enabling remote access to tech support? Is the R2s WAN IP (Check System Information) an external IP or does it look something like 192.168.x.x?

and its 192.168 . x .x

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ddavis585 said:

and its 192.168 . x .x

 

OK, what's the make and model of your modem? Is it a modem/router combo (Wi-Fi) or is it a pure modem (No Wi-Fi)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2021 at 5:40 AM, Netduma Liam said:

I don't appear to be able to access your router, did you hit Save General after enabling remote access to tech support? Is the R2s WAN IP (Check System Information) an external IP or does it look something like 192.168.x.x?

 

19 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, what's the make and model of your modem? Is it a modem/router combo (Wi-Fi) or is it a pure modem (No Wi-Fi)?

its a comboo 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ddavis585 said:

 

its a comboo 

 

OK, could you please either put it into a bridge/modem mode, or could you please find it's DMZ settings and put the R2s WAN IP in here? Then reboot the R2 and it should then be accessible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, speedypro said:

perche non mi pinga i server e non mi pinga warzone ? ma gli altri giochih si?!!

Activision aggiorna i server più volte al giorno, il che rende più difficile tenere il passo.  Risincronizza il cloud, se non funziona dovremo aggiornare di nuovo.  Stiamo cercando una soluzione più permanente attualmente.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2021 at 5:32 AM, Netduma Liam said:

OK, could you please either put it into a bridge/modem mode, or could you please find it's DMZ settings and put the R2s WAN IP in here? Then reboot the R2 and it should then be accessible.

ok can you try now

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2021 at 5:08 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's really not far off now!

The update about the new firmware release date, or the firmware itself?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi is there any temp firmware I can download because the raps taking forever or not even loading is driving me insane. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...