Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I dont believe the is an issue where the R2 is bottlenecking speeds. When I plug the ethernet cable from the modem into the R2 the ethernet cable light turns amber. This usually means the connection is 10/100 mbps or less. If I hardwire my pc to the router as well, my pc says there is no internet access. I believe my R2 has bricked, sad to say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know, I mean how was the PC connected when you got that information from ipconfig to enter into the router? If you were connected to the R2 at the time that information would be incorrect and you'd need to get the information when you were directly connected to the modem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news, I'm logged into the dashboard but I have no wifi and my laptop isn't saying its wired. On the network map it shows the desktop is connected though...

16121336143367346233226192020398.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I rebooted it and got some horrible bandwidth speeds jumping off on the network overview. Still no wifi or ethernet connection unfortunately 

1612145868207551946203981874759.jpg

1612145906496333544729273375371.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you confirm you are not using your extender, it’s not showing but just confirm it’s not on please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to make sure, did you assign the R2 a static IP from your modem's interface and put it in the DMZ? If not, would you mind going ahead and doing that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to send this router out. It is defected. I have not been enjoying spending my days off from work trouble shooting this router for 3 days straight🤦🏾‍♂️ I just want to send it back to get a refund. Its kicking off .0010 mbps. Something is wrong with the hardware. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buttabelafonte said:

I need to send this router out. It is defected. I have not been enjoying spending my days off from work trouble shooting this router for 3 days straight🤦🏾‍♂️ I just want to send it back to get a refund. Its kicking off .0010 mbps. Something is wrong with the hardware. 

I would email support and send them a link to this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Buttabelafonte said:

So after I pay my money thats pretty much it??? Less than 30 days later and I'm left with a brick... 

No they will get back to you.. Currently they are off until tomorrow.. Its like a 11:30pm there atm.. I will tag them for you to get help though. @Netduma Fraser or @Netduma Liam will assist you on what steps need to be taken for your refund or replacement..

I think you have the same provider as I do.. And ive been watching this thread.. Honestly the one thing I would have done different when you came to the screen where it said internet connection not detected.. I would have power cycled your modem and then click on retry to detect your connection.. That normally would have got you connected.. The other method I would have tried if the first didnt work would have been to disabled IPv6 for WAN and LAN and then just skipped ahead to the main screen of the R2..  Regardless IPV6 needs to be disabled on WAN and LAN.. The main thing is you want to have the R2 detect your connection and not manually enter in your credentials.. So technically while you say you have a Static Ip I think in reality you have a DHCP IP.. and is not truly Static.. The only time ive ever heard of Spectrum giving out a true Static IP is if you went with a Business Connection with them..  And I believe you said you were residential.. 

So what would I do.. I would just power up your R2 and connect your laptop or computer to the R2 and log into the main screen of the R2.. 192.168.77.1 Then go to network settings and make sure all of IPV6 is disabled and then switch back your WAN to DHCP..  Do this all with out even connecting the R2 to your modem.. Once you have verify you have everything set as stated above I would reboot the R2.. If things have gone well at this point I would then proceed to connect the R2 to your modem.. I would power down your modem before connecting it though.. Once connected to the R2 power back up your modem.. Chances are it will connect at that point.. But be patient.. If after this it still doesnt work then reboot the R2 only..

This is just suggestions.. You dont have to try any of what I said.. Just here to help! It is possible you might have a bad unit.. But never hurts to try.

Good luck!

Zippy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 

I have been reading this thread and I am having issues with my R2 which I received on January 7th 2021. 

All went well with the set up & everything was working until last night. I was in the middle of streaming when suddenly my internet dropped. I unplugged the R2 & the Virgin Media Hub 3.0 (in modem mode) left it for 2 minutes. Plugged both back in & still no internet to my PCs, which are both using ethernet cables to the R2. I then read this thread & as @Netduma Fraser advised I reset the R2 by holding the reset for 30 seconds, then leaving unplugged for 2 minutes. After this there was still no internet but I could access the DumaOS welcome screen to attempt to set it back up. However, it was now saying that it couldn't establish as internet connection. Nothing has changed with my provider or hardware being used, which confuses me even more as to why the R2 just stopped working after being fine for the first 25 days? 

As I am working from home, I need internet to do my job. So this morning, I turned the Virgin Media hub back into router mode, plugged in my devices and all is working perfectly fine.... This only leads me to believe that there is a hardware issue with my R2?

Considering that this router was £130, I did not expect to be having issues with in inside the first 30 days of owning it. 

I didn't want to create a separate post so I hope you don't mind me jumping on yours @Buttabelafonte.

Looking forward to trying to seeing what is suggested. 


Thanks, Sheldon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Buttabelafonte said:

Thanks, I will check back tomorrow 

If that doesn't work please email [email protected] with a link to the topic and we can get this sorted for you.

6 hours ago, SheldonR said:

Hi, 

I have been reading this thread and I am having issues with my R2 which I received on January 7th 2021. 

All went well with the set up & everything was working until last night. I was in the middle of streaming when suddenly my internet dropped. I unplugged the R2 & the Virgin Media Hub 3.0 (in modem mode) left it for 2 minutes. Plugged both back in & still no internet to my PCs, which are both using ethernet cables to the R2. I then read this thread & as @Netduma Fraser advised I reset the R2 by holding the reset for 30 seconds, then leaving unplugged for 2 minutes. After this there was still no internet but I could access the DumaOS welcome screen to attempt to set it back up. However, it was now saying that it couldn't establish as internet connection. Nothing has changed with my provider or hardware being used, which confuses me even more as to why the R2 just stopped working after being fine for the first 25 days? 

As I am working from home, I need internet to do my job. So this morning, I turned the Virgin Media hub back into router mode, plugged in my devices and all is working perfectly fine.... This only leads me to believe that there is a hardware issue with my R2?

Considering that this router was £130, I did not expect to be having issues with in inside the first 30 days of owning it. 

I didn't want to create a separate post so I hope you don't mind me jumping on yours @Buttabelafonte.

Looking forward to trying to seeing what is suggested. 


Thanks, Sheldon.

Don't reset and then unplug it, what I would have meant was hold the reset for 30 seconds then wait 2 minutes and attempt to access. I'm with VM as well and I find their modem mode to be flaky so I use it in router mode, with the R2 connected to it in router mode give the R2 a reboot then try the wizard again and you should get a connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried the ideas @Zippy had with no success. I'm not sure what the issue is because it seems like I get to a point of success where I can log in to my dashboard but the modem will not show that its wired to the router. I am kind of out of patience and my family is as well. I want to send this router back for a refund but to be honest with you I'm ready to take my loss. My lady started her semester and I'm tired of switching routers in-between her classes. This has been the worst experience ever. I appreciate the patience @Netduma Liam and @Netduma Fraser have had with this process but my lady told me to tap out. If I haven't received an RAM code for a refund by now then its not coming. I pretty much paid to be a beta tester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Buttabelafonte said:

I tried the ideas @Zippy had with no success. I'm not sure what the issue is because it seems like I get to a point of success where I can log in to my dashboard but the modem will not show that its wired to the router. I am kind of out of patience and my family is as well. I want to send this router back for a refund but to be honest with you I'm ready to take my loss. My lady started her semester and I'm tired of switching routers in-between her classes. This has been the worst experience ever. I appreciate the patience @Netduma Liam and @Netduma Fraser have had with this process but my lady told me to tap out. If I haven't received an RAM code for a refund by now then its not coming. I pretty much paid to be a beta tester.

Thanks for your patience with this, I've got back to you via email!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...