Moderate/ Strict nat type

GBDJG

Hi, 

I recently got a Xbox series s , I have noticed it has a strict Nat type unless placed in a DMZ, at that point it turns to open nat. 

My sons PS4 on the same router can only achieve a moderate Nat type. 

I have removed both devices from all settings , then reapplied them to QOS congestion control and GEO filter with fast search enabled, so finding games isn't a problem but game play feels off, shot first die first seems to be a thing.

Any help will be much appreciated 

• Administrators

What is your exact physical setup and what is the model of the modem/router? I'd disable fast search as that may get you faster games but at the expense of ping. Could you provide a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark results please?

• Administrators

Do you have the exact model for the modem? Is it a pure modem (no wifi) or a modem/router (wifi)?

That's not too bad, it is a bit jittery with a few spikes, is there anyway you can fine tune more to get those down?

• Administrators

Okay that's very odd one device would get strict then. You may need to port forward 3074 for one device & 3075 for the other - that is what CoD specifically recommends doing for multiple devices playing the same game.

Hi Fraser.

Ok to continue we are not playing same game my boy is playing COD and im on destiny 2.Thats why i use fast search as you said may help from our previous conversations.

this is my modem details. 

It is a BT openreach.

20210121_175203.jpg

• Administrators

Thank you for the picture, I've looked up the manual and although the modem doesn't appear to have WiFi, it has a Firewall, UPnP, QoS etc so that will be preventing the open NAT. Could you put it in bridge mode please?

could you give a quick call to your ISP, I guess they can help you to DMZ your router or just where you can unable UPNP

or you can try 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1 Like the R2 is 192.168.77.1

51 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for the picture, I've looked up the manual and although the modem doesn't appear to have WiFi, it has a Firewall, UPnP, QoS etc so that will be preventing the open NAT. Could you put it in bridge mode please?

ok i updated the firmware and now have a GUI.

Please take a look at the  image to see if it looks ok i also disabled the firewall om modem.

Capture.PNG

22 hours ago, brightside75 said:

ok i updated the firmware and now have a GUI.

Please take a look at the  image to see if it looks ok i also disabled the firewall om modem.

Capture.PNG

Hi again as i only unlocked the GUI on this modem yesterday its very possible you know far more than me would you please guide me to apply the best settings for this modem. so i can have best possible setting to the R2.

Many thanks