Can’t connect to my r2 routers WiFi

DskApollo

So I’m not sure if there’s an issue between the router and the isp modem or if I’m doing something wrong, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

So I got my r2 router in today and I depowered my modem/router connect my r2 to the modem with the provided Ethernet using the routers blue port and the modems 4th Ethernet port ( I tried the other three as well). Plugged the power cable back into the modem then plugged in the r2s power cable. I let it set for about 15 mins and went to my WiFi network options on my phone and my Mac and put in the WiFi password on the router and it kept saying could not connect to the network. I tried resetting the router and using different ports on the modem and I’m still having the same issue. My other networks are still appearing and I can connect to them just not the netdumaR2 network. 

Am I doing something wrong or is there another way to go about connecting to the r2’s WiFi that I’m unaware of. Asking for myself and a friend who’s having the same issue as well.

Edited by DskApollo

10 minutes ago, Fanthom said:

Connect modem from isp to netduma. Factory reset 2 modems. If still not working  turn off pc and unplug contact for 10 minutes.

I cannot connect to the network at all. When I try  to connect to it on my Mac book it says its trying to connect then it changes to no IP address, then disconnects. I haven’t even gotten to the point of being able to configure the network because it won’t allow me to connect to the router.

Are you doing this over Wifi or wired? I do believe currently one has to go wired for the initial first time setup.. Or anytime one does a full factory reset.. Id try going wired and see how that goes if you havent tried that yet. I know ive had to do this..

Good luck!

Thanks!

Zippy.

13 minutes ago, Zippy said:

Are you doing this over Wifi or wired? I do believe currently one has to go wired for the initial first time setup.. Or anytime one does a full factory reset.. Id try going wired and see how that goes if you havent tried that yet. I know ive had to do this..

Good luck!

Thanks!

Zippy.

Yeah I tried wired and WiFi between my phone, MacBook, and ps5. The phone won’t connect, the lan with the ps5 says the router has no IP address. The WiFi on the Mac says the same thing as the ps5 then disconnects. I don’t have a laptop with an Ethernet port on hand so I have to get a friend out my way but hopefully that works. It’s frustrating to be in this position but I understand how it be some times. 

2 minutes ago, DskApollo said:

Yeah I tried wired and WiFi between my phone, MacBook, and ps5. The phone won’t connect, the lan with the ps5 says the router has no IP address. The WiFi on the Mac says the same thing as the ps5 then disconnects. I don’t have a laptop with an Ethernet port on hand so I have to get a friend out my way but hopefully that works. It’s frustrating to be in this position but I understand how it be some times. 

I totally understand.. It is very frustrating.. I do wish things have been a more positive experience for you thus far..  Its hard to even find a laptop these days with a wired connection.. So I totally get that also.. Once your friend comes over with the laptop lets hope it makes a connection for you then.. When you do get to that spot before you hook up the laptop I would do another factory reset to the R2.. Hold the little pin in the back of the router for at least 30 seconds and then release.. Let the router boot up fully/wait a bit then proceed to connecting the laptop..  Post back your results.. 

Good luck!

Zippy.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you've had this issue. I would recommend for the moment setting up directly connected to the ethernet so hopefully it should work once your friend arrives, once you have access you can change the WiFi details in the setup wizard and connect WiFi devices from there.

Happy New Year!