Jump to content
Ap3xLyfe

Netduma R2 No internet

Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, tminus228 said:

Issue resolved. I just factory reset the netduma one more time and for what ever reason it detected the network for the c7 through the setup process for the first time EVER!!! Now everything is working. Didnt have to use the static method either. Thank you for everything @Netduma Fraser , to you and everyone else, hope you have a merry christmas. :)

Great to hear that, thanks for the update! Thank you, Merry Christmas to you too!

36 minutes ago, Jordan McCleary said:

I can’t get into it to reset it, but I did try to factory reset from the button on the back but had no luck.  I sent an image of what it looks like currently and to answer your question I have a laptop I could hardwire it to.

26 minutes ago, Jordan McCleary said:

I’m just trying to get some help fixing it or a replacement @Netduma Admin

Okay so use the laptop to connect to the router via ethernet, access the interface and go through the setup wizard, there you can change the WiFi details and connect the rest of your devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay skip through past the interface please, then in System Information does it give you an IP address at all? If you access the Xfinity modem/router does it show the R2 as a connected device?


I can’t access the modem because I have to have the router plugged into the only Ethernet port on the modem and connect through the router, but I can’t get anything through the router. No IP address in the system information either.

 

 

3337EC4C-E386-4515-B651-F4318D334EF5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jordan McCleary said:

It will not let me connect with Ethernet as well says it doesn’t have a connection @Netduma Admin

While connected to the R2 on the PC, open command prompt, type:

ipconfig

press enter and then post a screenshot of the results here please.

12 hours ago, Ap3xLyfe said:

I can’t access the modem because I have to have the router plugged into the only Ethernet port on the modem and connect through the router, but I can’t get anything through the router. No IP address in the system information either.

As you're connected behind the R2 if you access using the modem IP address then you can still access the interface, please show if it sees the R2. Can you also take a screenshot of the main modem interface please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

While connected to the R2 on the PC, open command prompt, type:

ipconfig

press enter and then post a screenshot of the results here please.

As you're connected behind the R2 if you access using the modem IP address then you can still access the interface, please show if it sees the R2. Can you also take a screenshot of the main modem interface please?

 

A6A9ED4A-3923-495A-95F9-BAC00C426D05.jpeg

D75DF285-415F-4D05-A7A1-C637EAAEB697.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

While connected to the R2 on the PC, open command prompt, type:

ipconfig

press enter and then post a screenshot of the results here please.

As you're connected behind the R2 if you access using the modem IP address then you can still access the interface, please show if it sees the R2. Can you also take a screenshot of the main modem interface please?


I can’t access the modem when connected behind the R2.

 

A5E41702-6F1C-470C-B3C5-35A29D45B3A4.jpeg

549DA118-2F1B-4B50-85E8-55CA27AAC458.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ap3xLyfe said:

I can’t access the modem when connected behind the R2.

Thanks for the command prompt, didn't mean it for you specifically but it was helpful. The fact that you can't access the modem through the R2 is very odd as there should be no issues doing that, almost as though it's blocking access to the R2. You have the Killer ethernet card, is there anyway you can disable its functionality to see if you can access the interface/get a connection?

11 hours ago, Jordan McCleary said:

Do I need to have it plugged into the modem when I open the command window?

Make sure the R2 is connected to the modem and your PC connected to the R2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the command prompt, didn't mean it for you specifically but it was helpful. The fact that you can't access the modem through the R2 is very odd as there should be no issues doing that, almost as though it's blocking access to the R2. You have the Killer ethernet card, is there anyway you can disable its functionality to see if you can access the interface/get a connection?

Make sure the R2 is connected to the modem and your PC connected to the R2.


There’s no point because I tried through my wife’s Acer laptop and it didn’t work either. On top of that I received a Netgear XR500 router today. Plugged it in and it went right to working without barely any effort. 

Therefore this piece of crap Duma R2 router is defective and I’m not wasting anymore time on this pile of crap. I emailed a few days ago about a refund. I want to send this back and receive my money back.

 

B2164A47-1132-4570-AD8D-293ED5E3DB7A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ap3xLyfe said:


There’s no point because I tried through my wife’s Acer laptop and it didn’t work either. On top of that I received a Netgear XR500 router today. Plugged it in and it went right to working without barely any effort. 

Therefore this piece of crap Duma R2 router is defective and I’m not wasting anymore time on this pile of crap. I emailed a few days ago about a refund. I want to send this back and receive my money back.

They will likely respond to you on Monday at the earliest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jordan McCleary said:

This is what it told me when I did the command prompt “ipconfig” @Netduma Fraser @Netduma Admin

 

Follow this guide (control panel option) https://pureinfotech.com/set-static-ip-address-windows-10/ to set a static IP on your PC so you can try to access the interface, use these details:

IP 192.168.77.2
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1

Then try to access us and let us know the results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is dead.....I just want a new one or my money so I can get one that works man......I’m trying the steps but with no luck and this thing is brand new it shouldn’t be having these issues......I’ve got a cheap net-gear router I’ve had 5+ years and it works fine.  But I bought this one so I could use it for gaming, so can we get this figured out please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jordan McCleary said:

This is all that happened I didn’t get a sub heading @Netduma Fraser

 

11 minutes ago, Jordan McCleary said:

The thing is dead.....I just want a new one or my money so I can get one that works man......I’m trying the steps but with no luck and this thing is brand new it shouldn’t be having these issues......I’ve got a cheap net-gear router I’ve had 5+ years and it works fine.  But I bought this one so I could use it for gaming, so can we get this figured out please

You need to access that page when you have internet, it's a normal website. 

You can email [email protected] regarding a refund or replacement, you can see the terms here: https://netduma.com/terms/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jordan McCleary said:

That’s just the thing when I connect the r2 I don’t have access to the internet at all.....only when I plug my old net gear back in @Netduma Fraser

In your command prompt picture you had a WiFi connection and you're posting here so thought you could access it, then follow the instructions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2020 at 6:48 PM, Jordan McCleary said:

The thing is dead.....I just want a new one or my money so I can get one that works man......I’m trying the steps but with no luck and this thing is brand new it shouldn’t be having these issues......I’ve got a cheap net-gear router I’ve had 5+ years and it works fine.  But I bought this one so I could use it for gaming, so can we get this figured out please


Don’t hold your breath, I still haven’t heard anything...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having an issue with one of my pc's ethernet connection. I am getting no internet and unidentified network. What do I need to do to resolve this? Very annoying, everything was working fine now I don't have a valid ip. I have not changed anything so not sure what is causing this issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GitGud said:

I'm having an issue with one of my pc's ethernet connection. I am getting no internet and unidentified network. What do I need to do to resolve this? Very annoying, everything was working fine now I don't have a valid ip. I have not changed anything so not sure what is causing this issue. 

Welcome to the forum!

Do you still have access to the R2s interface? Is the light on the R2 for this specific port the ethernet cable is connected to still flashing? What about the WAN light, is that illuminated? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...