Sign in to follow this  
GT9484

receive rate why is it so high?

What stats do everyone else have on their network monitor? i get 16-20 ms ping i get under 100ms send rate but my receive rate is always very high... anyone else have this problem?

Capture.PNG

I'll be honest with you I'm now giving up with NETDUMA. loads of nice features but none seem to make any difference. I used it allot in BO4 for geo filtering but it only seems to make things worse in warzone. always getting insta melted... yet  a £50 Edge router x with simple queue management SQM, i get a much better experience... why? you would think that a purpose built gaming router would blow this little router out of the water. spent years using netduma but it seems that my patience is running out. 

The Best Gaming Router cost only $50 - LazyAdmin between the R1 the XR500 And now the R2 i must have spent £600 on routers yet apart from a small period using geo filter i cant say its been achieving the headlines on the description... i would have hoped for tailored settings for specific games to achieve a better experience or at least give us a starting point to work from... i know ping is king but bandwidth is also very important for some games. i shouldn't be a guess or just stumble on good settings. anyway rant over

Your receive rate should be higher.. If your playing a game that is.. At least that has been my experience anyways..

Receive rate is your downloading more then your uploading.. Which is normal because your receiving/downloading every ones actions and movements in a game..

While your send rate/ uploading only your actions and movements in a game..

So you can see why ones receive rate would be higher..

When im in a game im usually downloading or receiving about 680Kbps give or take a bit..

My send rate im uploading/sending around 230-280Kbps.. Give or take..

These number also very by what game your playing as well.. And what type of action is taking place..

Hope this helps a bit..

Thanks!

Zippy..

The only thing I noticed different in your screenshot is your tick rate.. The Host Tick Rate should almost be the same as your Client Tick rate.. Currently the Host Tick Rate is lagging behind in your screenshot..

Example when I play a 60fps game my Client and Host Tick Rate are very close to the same which is 60.. They usually only very by 1 between each other..

In your screenshot your running at a rate of 66.. While the Host of the game is only at 22.. That is a fairly large gap imo and would likely possibly give you a strange performance issue..

Thanks!

Zippy.

2 minutes ago, Zippy said:

The only thing I noticed different in your screenshot is your tick rate.. The Host Tick Rate should almost be the same as your Client Tick rate.. Currently the Host Tick Rate is lagging behind in your screenshot..

Example when I play a 60fps game my Client and Host Tick Rate are very close to the same which is 60.. They usually only very by 1 between each other..

In your screenshot your running at a rate of 66.. While the Host of the game is only at 22.. That is a fairly large gap imo and would likely possibly give you a strange performance issue..

Thanks!

Zippy.

and what can i do to change this?

1 minute ago, GT9484 said:

and what can i do to change this?

I dont believe there is anything you can do about this because its coming from the Host.. The Host of a game can be a peer to peer or a server.. Do you happen to know what fps the game your playing is suppose to be? Like say if its a Dedicated Server which would be the Host in this situation that means there is an issue on the game server end.. Not on your end.. Or likely not on your end.. Unless something is being blocked on your end or filtered..

Hope this helps.

Zippy.

18 minutes ago, Zippy said:

I dont believe there is anything you can do about this because its coming from the Host.. The Host of a game can be a peer to peer or a server.. Do you happen to know what fps the game your playing is suppose to be? Like say if its a Dedicated Server which would be the Host in this situation that means there is an issue on the game server end.. Not on your end.. Or likely not on your end.. Unless something is being blocked on your end or filtered..

Hope this helps.

Zippy.

every game is like this i get 30 host and 60 its never 60/60... nothing is blocked. i play pc MW warzone. its unplayable

I would recommend what Fraser mentioned.. Never hurts to try that.. Also if the game is running at 30fps which by the sound of it is. The question becomes is it normal to see what you have going on where your Tick Rate is 30 more.. I personally dont play MW warzone.. What would be interesting here is to have others post what they are getting on here for that particular game.. That way it will at least help to compare and see if there is any effect to this..Then this would help you..

From my experience thus far my Tick Rates always seem to match.. So if a game is running at 60fps then both my Client and Host show this.. Or are very close to this..  

Are you using TP? If you are try turning that off or disable it and see if the game performs better..

Sorry I cant be of more help. But I do find this interesting..

Good luck.

Zippy.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:43 AM, Zippy said:

I would recommend what Fraser mentioned.. Never hurts to try that.. Also if the game is running at 30fps which by the sound of it is. The question becomes is it normal to see what you have going on where your Tick Rate is 30 more.. I personally dont play MW warzone.. What would be interesting here is to have others post what they are getting on here for that particular game.. That way it will at least help to compare and see if there is any effect to this..Then this would help you..

From my experience thus far my Tick Rates always seem to match.. So if a game is running at 60fps then both my Client and Host show this.. Or are very close to this..  

Are you using TP? If you are try turning that off or disable it and see if the game performs better..

Sorry I cant be of more help. But I do find this interesting..

Good luck.

Zippy.

i have tried everything. im not new to netduma and ive tried every possible solution with no luck. i never knew this fact of having similar tick rate was an issue. i have always had this... hardly ever seen tick rate on similar rates. always seems to be half or less. ive used locations all over Europe trying force servers but i always get these results... I always seem to be behind the game and its the usual shoot first die first, occasionally its less severe but i never get 1:1 feel or god forbid ahead of the game lol. i have good internet with a ping result cmd to 8.8.8.8 of 15ms with no packet loss. i would say my connection is about as good as it can be for gaming yet its not. I know some of this has to do with the games netcode and their servers. lag comp etc. but everyone has that problem....

should i lower my pc specs to be in sync with a 60 FTPS? I have a 165 HZ Monitor and my game settings are set to achieve best FPS... 

or Ive seen some guys throttle the connection to combat lag comp in older games but havent seen much lately...

my ping plotter results

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

9 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do you have QoS enabled? Could you give us a screenshot of how you've got it configured?

no QOS. Turned it off. only caused more lag. rest is just standard geo filter no ping assist. but like i said i have done loads of different  things like 70% up and download, throttled the connection to very low speeds, tried auto set pings and bandwidth. with no joy. 

have you got similar tick rates? i don't understand why this is happening... i have always had 50/60 and 20/30 tick rates

21 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

no QOS. Turned it off. only caused more lag. rest is just standard geo filter no ping assist. but like i said i have done loads of different  things like 70% up and download, throttled the connection to very low speeds, tried auto set pings and bandwidth. with no joy. 

have you got similar tick rates? i don't understand why this is happening... i have always had 50/60 and 20/30 tick rates

I'll have to jump back on Warzone and check, haven't played for a little while.

So QoS didn't have any affect on your tick rates?

Just now, Netduma Liam said:

I'll have to jump back on Warzone and check, haven't played for a little while.

So QoS didn't have any affect on your tick rates?

not at all 

There isn't much you can do regarding the tick rates. I've seen a lot of different reports of what the actual tick rate is so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they change this depending on how busy the servers are. The only thing I could think of that might improve the tick rate slightly is Traffic Prioritization, start with prioritizing ALL ports to the game device so

Source 1-65535
Destination 1-65535
Protocol TCP/UDP

This very easily could be normal for that particular game.. As @Netduma Fraser has mentioned also about busy servers.. @GT9484 I really dont think there is anything one can do about this..  Your ping plotter results look very good to me.. So I dont think your connection is an issue..  And we really dont know if Tick Rates for that game are suppose to be the same.  It could be perfectly normal for there Tick Rates to be like that.. But I do find it odd..  What makes me wonder is if one is in a match do all the players receive the same Tick Rate in that particular game?  Maybe others can chime in here and share there results for you.. But again there isnt much one can do that im aware of..

Good luck!

Zippy.