R2 can’t be connected to

Planetary1

Hey there I have just unboxed my Netduma R2, connected all the wires it can be found on the devices via wifi but the factory password when entered correctly just says it “ cannot connect to wifi WPApassword might not be correct “ it also says it needs a WPA2 password which I am typing so much I’ve almost got it memorised . Anybody experienced this issue? 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum both of you!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. If you are able to connect to the router via ethernet cable to a PC/laptop and access the interface there so you can go through the setup wizard and setup the WiFi details.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. If you are able to connect to the router via ethernet cable to a PC/laptop and access the interface there so you can go through the setup wizard and setup the WiFi details.

Could you talk me though I’m very new to this 

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias_ said:

Yes, had to dig up an adapter but this got me in and I was able to change the password. Glad it wasn't something bigger and I was able to get in. Really looking forward to seeing this thing in action!

How did you get into it 

@Planetary1, you just need to connect an ethernet cable directly into one of the ethernet ports on the back of the router (any not labeled "internet") then connect the other end to your PC / laptop, etc. Then open a web browser on the device you connected to the router and put 192.168.77.1 (or DumaOS/) in the URL bar of the browser. This will then take you to the initial setup walkthrough for your router. 

Good luck!

10 minutes ago, Ozymandias_ said:

@Planetary1, you just need to connect an ethernet cable directly into one of the ethernet ports on the back of the router (any not labeled "internet") then connect the other end to your PC / laptop, etc. Then open a web browser on the device you connected to the router and put 192.168.77.1 (or DumaOS/) in the URL bar of the browser. This will then take you to the initial setup walkthrough for your router. 

Good luck!

Thanks I just got in !! It says Set up wan properties now dhcp. What did you do after that please ?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When it was time to enter desktop/setup it started uploading and stopped 

12 hours ago, Planetary1 said:

When it was time to enter desktop/setup it started uploading and stopped 

Hey Plantary,

Can you explain the issue you've got a little further?

Have you made it through to the interface for the R2? This is the page where you can see the dashboard for the R2 and all the individual Rapps on the left-hand side.

• Administrators
On 12/12/2020 at 12:35 AM, Planetary1 said:

Im good i watched a video and I'm all set up but the speeds.0mbpsare really bad like 36.5 mbps and 6.0 mbps been fiddling with this all day and it won't connect me to a game of cod.

What are the speeds you pay for/expect and where are you testing the speeds and how e.g. wired/wifi? Are you using the Geo-Filter at all?