Jump to content
Chaiyoabc

Shoot first Die first in BOCW try this !!

Recommended Posts

If your settings are correct you force them to join your lobby but it can take sometime to load

(@fraser it shows no one at on Cold War)

7869E561-C2D7-422F-8ADC-EA4B89548AE9.jpeg

DDF5B1CA-9CCC-47BE-9C05-F90F1D2DD719.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Connection is better after the patch, first few gams I was dropping a vtol each one. Then i started getting matched up against level 100's and with that came a lot of shoot first die first moments. It's like SBMM was kinda reset with the patch and matchmade me with good connection players at first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

Connection is better after the patch, first few gams I was dropping a vtol each one. Then i started getting matched up against level 100's and with that came a lot of shoot first die first moments. It's like SBMM was kinda reset with the patch and matchmade me with good connection players at first

This is what I'm finding with MW19 just lately. My first 10 matches or so I have no connection problems at all and then come the shoot first die first or many hitmarkers on someones back while they running away from me yet they don't drop.

I check the ping at the beginning of every match and I'm not being put on higher ping servers in the later matches so I'm guessing it is something to do with SBMM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First couple of matches are always good for me too.

I've seen posts on twitter that Activision is implementing changes on SBMM.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

On 12/6/2020 at 10:03 PM, Chaiyoabc said:

If you use fresh tomato. I highly recommend you to:

- disable qos

- enable bandwidth limiter 

assign to your console ip 

maximum speed at 21 mbps and 500kbps upload. Put on highest priority 

- play on wifi 

- loer mtu on your console to 1472 

and have fun

I use fresh tomato. i find it to be the most robust and versatile open source firmware there is.

I'm trying your settings and they are good, even though I can't understand how MTU is beneficial when it comes to gaming.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sgt-Greco said:

I've seen posts on twitter that Activision is implementing changes on SBMM.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Have you got a link to that? A quick Google hasn't turned up anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm wasting my time with QoS in this game. Unless you are in charge of a Hotel Network trying to protect a student taking online lessons from the douchebag who's on p0rnhub 24/7, QoS is useless. 

On the other hand , throttling works like a charm. I've set my Bandwidth Limiter to 400kbps up and I constantly end the game with 30+ kills. I'm an average player (1.2 KDR) and I enjoy this -heavy SBMM-  game but  with a few prerequisites :  I only play Hardpoint or Domination , I don't rush (can't stress this enough) and I kind of "patrol my area"  before jumping to the next  safe one (hope this makes some sense). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SBMM is only going to make you better. all these people crying about it is crazy! its only as good as you are. if your not that good then reverse boost, drop your kd to a 0.01 

i think alot of the shoot first die first is console verse PC or new console and 60 to 120hz vs old console stuck at 30fps, its pretty hard to get console to play at 120hz. i seen its something like 80 to 90% of console players are playing at 30fps still. you have so many console players playing in 4k too or even 1440 (LOOKS COOL BUT ITS LOCKED AT 30FPS) my friend plays on pc he has a 280hz monitor and he plays at 1080 240hz and console players just look like they are standing still, and the FOV is crazy plus pc players have no recoil. (im currently building a pc my self)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sgt-Greco said:

First couple of matches are always good for me too.

I've seen posts on twitter that Activision is implementing changes on SBMM.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I use fresh tomato. i find it to be the most robust and versatile open source firmware there is.

I'm trying your settings and they are good, even though I can't understand how MTU is beneficial when it comes to gaming.

 

 

 

Yes I agree that mtu is a myth and I think its kinda optional for the setting. 
 

in my opinion, by messing with mtu I’d assume that I want to be ‘less instamelt’ I just want enemy not to instantly kill me when we start to engage gunfight. So slight milli-second to react is useful. 
 

last night, I left my ps5 plugged into netduma and I totally forgot to switch to freshtomato. So I had played on netduma for like 2 hours and it was the 2 hours of frustration. My average kd atm was 1.5-2.0 and i died a lot to bs gunfight. 
 

i left the game and inspect my network setting and found out that i wasnt using tomato the whole time. Lmao 

So I changed back to Tomato and I can confirm that it is better than ndm in everyway. My kd had gone back from its loss last night. From 3.68 to 3.71

its crazy right? a 10 usd old router like linksys Wrt54gl can perform this good. 
 

but dont get me wrong netduma r2 is still amazing with its simple geo filter function. I still have been using it along with linksys for geo filter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making the mtu smaller is like turning a 5 lane highway into a 2 lane I wouldn’t recommend it

joined this lobby late and destroyed them

theres more to the game then connection. If you guys are playing on tv and not a 1ms monitor your screwed. If your playing on a controller or mouse and your not hardwired your screwed. Cross play definitely needs to be turned off if your on console 

 

37BBC3DE-7D75-47D9-8C48-686D44C23C2B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2020 at 7:03 AM, Chaiyoabc said:

If you use fresh tomato. I highly recommend you to:

- disable qos

- enable bandwidth limiter 

assign to your console ip 

maximum speed at 21 mbps and 500kbps upload. Put on highest priority 

- play on wifi 

- lower mtu on your console to 1472 

and have fun

Can you post screenshots of your pages in freshtomato? the last time I used it I could only enable the bandwidth limiter if QoS was on. There was no way of enabling it wit QoS off unless I missed something

 

  

1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Making the mtu smaller is like turning a 5 lane highway into a 2 lane I wouldn’t recommend it

joined this lobby late and destroyed them

theres more to the game then connection. If you guys are playing on tv and not a 1ms monitor your screwed. If your playing on a controller or mouse and your not hardwired your screwed. Cross play definitely needs to be turned off if your on console 

In Infinite Warfare I think I had to throttle to 400Kbps and have a mtu of under 1400 otherwise I would get melted instantly. If I left my mtu on default or didn't throttle bandwidth I couldn't kill anyone. 

Haven't found changing the mtu on CW helps. I think you need to find the sweet spot for whatever you have your bandwidth throttled to for it to work.

No matter what I've tried with my connection on CW, I'm always getting meted instantly and feel a second behind everyone else. I play o a 24" 1ms gaming monitor and control is hardwired. My ping in-game is always between 20-30ms. I also live in the same state as the servers, there's not much more I can improve on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Can you post screenshots of your pages in freshtomato? the last time I used it I could only enable the bandwidth limiter if QoS was on. There was no way of enabling it wit QoS off unless I missed something

 

  

In Infinite Warfare I think I had to throttle to 400Kbps and have a mtu of under 1400 otherwise I would get melted instantly. If I left my mtu on default or didn't throttle bandwidth I couldn't kill anyone. 

Haven't found changing the mtu on CW helps. I think you need to find the sweet spot for whatever you have your bandwidth throttled to for it to work.

No matter what I've tried with my connection on CW, I'm always getting meted instantly and feel a second behind everyone else. I play o a 24" 1ms gaming monitor and control is hardwired. My ping in-game is always between 20-30ms. I also live in the same state as the servers, there's not much more I can improve on my end.

What router are you on? And what Fresh Tomato are you on? 

Im on 2020.3 for WRT54GL. It is possible to have QoS turned off and BW limiter turn on. You just need to download new version of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chaiyoabc said:

You guys can check my sheets https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BnLu3wCOVgarRHAVN-sPOfqd_vlOYLcwWAcT7tgpzpQ/edit#gid=1038197568 

I have made so many experiement there for Netduma and Tomato mainly. one of it might be good for your experience

Have you tried Advanced Tomato? Not sure what’s the difference in the two, I will give the BW Limiter a try, Can you also priorities ports on Fresh Tomato? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I

24 minutes ago, Chaiyoabc said:

What router are you on? And what Fresh Tomato are you on? 

Im on 2020.3 for WRT54GL. It is possible to have QoS turned off and BW limiter turn on. You just need to download new version of it

I'm on 2020.6 and I can't get BW limiter and QoS to work together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaiyoabc said:

What router are you on? And what Fresh Tomato are you on? 

Im on 2020.3 for WRT54GL. It is possible to have QoS turned off and BW limiter turn on. You just need to download new version of it

NetGear WNR3500LV2

Running 2020.6 AIO

I will check again tomorrow maybe I was mistaken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on 2020.6 before and I downgraded to 2020.3 because there was wifi problem. 

I am 100% sure that bandwidth limiter and qos are totally separated. you can either run both or run ony one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DUMA BOLTON said:

Have you tried Advanced Tomato? Not sure what’s the difference in the two, I will give the BW Limiter a try, Can you also priorities ports on Fresh Tomato? 😉

I think it's just slight different interface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Connection is flawless tonigh for me, almost got my first nuke (played like a pussy at the end didn't know how much off i was and the match ended haha)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

Connection is flawless tonigh for me, almost got my first nuke (played like a pussy at the end didn't know how much off i was and the match ended haha)

What firmware you are using?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Can you post screenshots of your pages in freshtomato? the last time I used it I could only enable the bandwidth limiter if QoS was on. There was no way of enabling it wit QoS off unless I missed something

 

  

In Infinite Warfare I think I had to throttle to 400Kbps and have a mtu of under 1400 otherwise I would get melted instantly. If I left my mtu on default or didn't throttle bandwidth I couldn't kill anyone. 

Haven't found changing the mtu on CW helps. I think you need to find the sweet spot for whatever you have your bandwidth throttled to for it to work.

No matter what I've tried with my connection on CW, I'm always getting meted instantly and feel a second behind everyone else. I play o a 24" 1ms gaming monitor and control is hardwired. My ping in-game is always between 20-30ms. I also live in the same state as the servers, there's not much more I can improve on my end.

Here is screenshot of my tomato setting image.thumb.png.343696c35c36a22aecd0f3e952ea4b57.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...