Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dmaune

LAN Cable not connected PS4/PS5

Recommended Posts

I don't really know what's going on but I'll try to explain this the best I can.  Started having an issue about a month ago with the PS4 where I'd be in the middle of playing Destiny 2 and I'd lose all internet connection with a message on the screen "LAN cable not connected".  After a few seconds it would connect right back up and I typically wouldn't have that problem again for the rest of the play session.  Not the biggest problem in the world but annoying as hell and really sucks getting booted in the middle of a match.  I wasn't sure if it was maybe some setting I changed or what so I started off from scratch and re-established my internet connection and went back to default settings.  Problem remained. Then I remembered I replaced the LAN cables right around that time with some cheap amazon ones so I thought those might be my issue.  Replaced those cables with some really good ones and the problem remains.  Got a PS5 last week, problem showed up using that too.  

Long story short I'm left in this world of not knowing if it's a router setting problem, a communication issue between the Playstation 5 and the router or just a communication issue between the ps5 and the router only when I'm playing Destiny.  I haven't experienced this happening while doing anything else but Destiny 2 BUT that being said Destiny 2 is the only game I currently play.   

Edit: I don't know if this additional info will help but after I get disconnected after few seconds I'll get another message that says "LAN cable connected" but I have to close Destiny 2 before I can restart.  Even though it established the internet connection again Destiny 2 will not recognize that I'm connected to the internet until I close the app and restart.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been a prolific issue on the PS4 so not surprised it's gone over to the PS5 as well. I just looked it up and found a potential solution. On the XR interface in LAN Settings apply a reserved IP to the PS5 (use same IP) then put that IP in the DMZ and see if it resolves it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This has been a prolific issue on the PS4 so not surprised it's gone over to the PS5 as well. I just looked it up and found a potential solution. On the XR interface in LAN Settings apply a reserved IP to the PS5 (use same IP) then put that IP in the DMZ and see if it resolves it.

how do I put that IP in the DMZ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2020 at 7:36 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Go to Settings > WAN and then enter the IP that the PS5 has/you set then apply and you're all done.

Nope didn't help having same issues along with the constant low connection bar while playing destiny 2

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having major issues and I'm more than sure it's because of some screwy communication issue within the router.  First problem is my disconnects.  Logs below.  Constantly get the following.  We'll go into my connection bar within destiny after this.  

 

log1.jpg

log2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is access control on? Have you set anything up within access control?

Is the time correct and it’s connecting to NTP server ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried to match the MAC addresses in the log to your devices at all in the Device Manager?

For example, one of those MAC addresses is from Sony, so do you have a PlayStation in the DMZ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Newfie said:

Is access control on? Have you set anything up within access control?

Is the time correct and it’s connecting to NTP server ok?

Access control?  Explain please.

The time WAS incorrect.  Just fixed that but I have it set to the default ntp server.  Don't know how to check if it's connecting ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you tried to match the MAC addresses in the log to your devices at all in the Device Manager?

For example, one of those MAC addresses is from Sony, so do you have a PlayStation in the DMZ?

yeah the ps5 IP is listed as the default dmz server unless that isn't how I was supposed to do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dmaune said:

Access control?  Explain please.

The time WAS incorrect.  Just fixed that but I have it set to the default ntp server.  Don't know how to check if it's connecting ok.

It’s been a while since I’ve had the 500 plugged in but access control is normally found under advanced options, it just allows devices to connect to internet.

interesting that the time was out, I seem to remember an old post where those errors were corrected by the time stamp. Are you still see the logs with the same issue? It may require a reboot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Dmaune said:

yeah the ps5 IP is listed as the default dmz server unless that isn't how I was supposed to do that. 

You can do that yes but it may be the reason for those entries. I'd instead suggest taking it out of the DMZ and switching NAT to Open from Secure in WAN Settings. Should still get an open NAT but those entries may stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's my ethernet connection to the ps5 but it might be happening to everything I'm not sure.  It only disconnects for a few seconds so I can't be sure.  I have to close the game and restart it but I do not need to reboot the router.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please remember that I'm using a ps5 now and having the same disconnect issue I was with the ps4.  The only thing I don't have in common with my friends is the XR500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the security log issue is solved which is good.

Are you using the same cable to attach PS5 to router and have you checked by changing the cable just in case there is an issue there?

Is there a switch involved in your setup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Newfie said:

Looks like the security log issue is solved which is good.

Are you using the same cable to attach PS5 to router and have you checked by changing the cable just in case there is an issue there?

Is there a switch involved in your setup?

Cable directly connected to router and yeah just changed the cable this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...