Jump to content
djhixson88

XR1000 5ghz dropping, high upload ping

Recommended Posts

Any suggestions for this? I haven't even owned the router for a full day and am already having these issues. I had to disable the AX feature to get it to even work again. 

 

Regarding the upload ping. No matter what setting in qos I use it is continuing to be high in the connection benchmark. Attached is my absolute best case scenario. I did not have this trouble with the R2. 

 

 

Connection Benchmark.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you performed a factory reset at any point yet?

is the 5Ghz showing up with AX on or are devices losing connection with AX on?

What width is your 5Ghz set on ie.40, 80 or 160?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No since I just got it. And I had to disable ax entirely. It seems to work but disabling a big feature like that kind of stings ya know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent you a new firmware today, upgrade to that then do a factory reset. Assuming that resolves the WiFi issue, regarding Ping Under Load are you using Congestion Control with Always when experimenting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having quite a bit of issues with my XR1000.   I'm getting microdisconnects.  I'm hardwired with ethernet issues still happen.  I have an Xbox series XS, it also gets micro disconnects. 

The router admin is extremely slow.   Connection Benchmarks will time out, RAPP errors pop up.
Example of an issue:  QOS - > Auto detect bandwidth speeds, app times out results in QOS speeds of 100mb UP and DOWN.
I have gigabyte connection 900UP 800Down.  Due to it erroring out, QOS capped it to just 70mb up and down.. instead of like 600MB and 385MB,

 Getting DCs on All xboxes in the house, Connection speed on xboxes is pretty terrible (15 feet away wireless XB series SX). 
Various devices will be blocked from seeing various network 2.4 or 5.0. I have a chromecast that will never be allowed to connect. Refuses to allow connections on setting up other wifi per device unless I restart the router. 
The Device Manager will show offline devices online and vice versa as well..
Coming from a r7000 with fresh tomato, this is a bit disappointing.

The default settings were trash for wifi 6 btw.  I was getting less connection speed than my r7000 till I had to change the channel and other settings. Extremely unoptimized at default. 
 

Question:
On version 1.0.0.44_1.0.33  is this the latest?
And does CPU2 (gold cpu graph) never get used?  Red and blue hover between 20-50% usage, where as gold (CPU2) stays at 0%.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I sent you a new firmware today, upgrade to that then do a factory reset. Assuming that resolves the WiFi issue, regarding Ping Under Load are you using Congestion Control with Always when experimenting?

Sorry I didn't see your reply. And yes I am when experimenting. I'm afraid to use the firmware you sent because now it's working fine since disabling AX. I don't have any devices that support wifi 6 so I can live without it for now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Judge_Ty Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your experience. I have sent you a PM with a new firmware to try. Please upgrade to it and then factory reset. Make sure you change your WiFi settings back. Then let us know if your issues continue. One of the graphs is for packet acceleration so you will not see this move much.

1 minute ago, djhixson88 said:

Sorry I didn't see your reply. And yes I am when experimenting. I'm afraid to use the firmware you sent because now it's working fine since disabling AX. I don't have any devices that support wifi 6 so I can live without it for now 

Okay totally understand, if you have any issues again upgrade, reset and then if it continues let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@Judge_Ty Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your experience. I have sent you a PM with a new firmware to try. Please upgrade to it and then factory reset. Make sure you change your WiFi settings back. Then let us know if your issues continue. One of the graphs is for packet acceleration so you will not see this move much.

Okay totally understand, if you have any issues again upgrade, reset and then if it continues let me know.

Alright. Any suggestions regarding the ping? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Judge_Ty said:

I'm having quite a bit of issues with my XR1000.   I'm getting microdisconnects.  I'm hardwired with ethernet issues still happen.  I have an Xbox series XS, it also gets micro disconnects. 

The router admin is extremely slow.   Connection Benchmarks will time out, RAPP errors pop up.
Example of an issue:  QOS - > Auto detect bandwidth speeds, app times out results in QOS speeds of 100mb UP and DOWN.
I have gigabyte connection 900UP 800Down.  Due to it erroring out, QOS capped it to just 70mb up and down.. instead of like 600MB and 385MB,

 Getting DCs on All xboxes in the house, Connection speed on xboxes is pretty terrible (15 feet away wireless XB series SX). 
Various devices will be blocked from seeing various network 2.4 or 5.0. I have a chromecast that will never be allowed to connect. Refuses to allow connections on setting up other wifi per device unless I restart the router. 
The Device Manager will show offline devices online and vice versa as well..
Coming from a r7000 with fresh tomato, this is a bit disappointing.

The default settings were trash for wifi 6 btw.  I was getting less connection speed than my r7000 till I had to change the channel and other settings. Extremely unoptimized at default. 
 

Question:
On version 1.0.0.44_1.0.33  is this the latest?
And does CPU2 (gold cpu graph) never get used?  Red and blue hover between 20-50% usage, where as gold (CPU2) stays at 0%.


 

What throughput did you get compared to R7000 with non OEM drivers?

do you need QoS, I doubt you will saturate that connection. 
 

it’s a 3 core processor, one does DPI so that’s why you are seeing only 2 cpu movements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info concerning the CPU2.

I was getting 616 - ~800 wirelessly with an ac1900 card previously with freshR7000.

The default setup and settings for the xr1000 router (had the wrong channel, width, and not optimized at all) was getting 212...

I previously had QOS disabled, but with 3 roommates with 2 streaming 4k netflix and ~20 devices connected, the rocket league player (Wireless) was getting ping spikes every so often.
(might of been some microdisconnect issue). So I enabled it, but later found out the bandwidth bug test and that it had it capped to a measly 100 mb with 70% of that allowed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djhixson88 said:

Alright. Any suggestions regarding the ping? 

Are you still getting that after upgrade/reset?

40 minutes ago, Judge_Ty said:

Thanks for the info concerning the CPU2.

I was getting 616 - ~800 wirelessly with an ac1900 card previously with freshR7000.

The default setup and settings for the xr1000 router (had the wrong channel, width, and not optimized at all) was getting 212...

I previously had QOS disabled, but with 3 roommates with 2 streaming 4k netflix and ~20 devices connected, the rocket league player (Wireless) was getting ping spikes every so often.
(might of been some microdisconnect issue). So I enabled it, but later found out the bandwidth bug test and that it had it capped to a measly 100 mb with 70% of that allowed.

Any improvement after upgrade/reset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the router disconnects you would see that info in the log files as NG capture disconnects not matter how small or long, it will show time it dropped and time it regained. Does the logs show any info?

Netflix can’t eat up your bandwidth so there’s an issue else where. Normally I would reset the router after an update and leave QoS off and disable congestion control and test again, have you performed a factory reset yet?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you still getting that after upgrade/reset?

Any improvement after upgrade/reset?

No I haven't done it yet since I work from home and won't be off for about five more hours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've done full factory resets multiple times.  In fact this has been the only way to get certain devices to connect to it.  
My xbox series xs (less than 15 feet away) was only getting 22 mbps connection.
The router interface page was slow and also timing out (connected via ethernet..).
There's no logs of disconnects just a few DDOS and Syn attacks.
I've had QOS enabled and disabled.

I've just tried a newer version (.47_1x)
The Xbox Series X is now connecting at 218.16 Mbps previously 22 Mbps.
The main page is extremely responsive. (I was getting time outs and errors just trying to load between the pages).
The new QOS auto and bandwidth checker works just fine.
I'm no longer getting micro disconnects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, djhixson88 said:

No I haven't done it yet since I work from home and won't be off for about five more hours. 

Okay let us know.

2 minutes ago, Judge_Ty said:

I've done full factory resets multiple times.  In fact this has been the only way to get certain devices to connect to it.  
My xbox series xs (less than 15 feet away) was only getting 22 mbps connection.
The router interface page was slow and also timing out (connected via ethernet..).
There's no logs of disconnects just a few DDOS and Syn attacks.
I've had QOS enabled and disabled.

I've just tried a newer version (.47_1x)
The Xbox Series X is now connecting at 218.16 Mbps previously 22 Mbps.
The main page is extremely responsive. (I was getting time outs and errors just trying to load between the pages).
The new QOS auto and bandwidth checker works just fine.
I'm no longer getting micro disconnects.

Brilliant to hear that, sounds like the update is working very well then!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Judge_Ty said:

I've done full factory resets multiple times.  In fact this has been the only way to get certain devices to connect to it.  
My xbox series xs (less than 15 feet away) was only getting 22 mbps connection.
The router interface page was slow and also timing out (connected via ethernet..).
There's no logs of disconnects just a few DDOS and Syn attacks.
I've had QOS enabled and disabled.

I've just tried a newer version (.47_1x)
The Xbox Series X is now connecting at 218.16 Mbps previously 22 Mbps.
The main page is extremely responsive. (I was getting time outs and errors just trying to load between the pages).
The new QOS auto and bandwidth checker works just fine.
I'm no longer getting micro disconnects.

Good to hear it’s better. While this is based on a RAX50 Netgear at times seem to work from the start ie drivers are not the same on the XR1000 as they are on the RAX50. I guess that’s down to the team developing the router. A number of users on SNB like the RAX50 so hopefully NG get their firmware sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Netduma Fraser so I did was what suggested and updated the firmware and did a factory reset, so far it's either made the connection worse, or the benchmark isn't working. I couldn't get a different result anywhere from 100% to 20% on the sliders, and yes I'm using "always" on congestion control. This is with no other devices connected except my PC. I haven't even configured anything else yet. 

Connection Benchmark (new firmware).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you change your bandwidth speeds to half of what you actually get does the Ping Under Load test results stay the same or change?

The same 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's a bug then, it's not been fully tested so there may be issues like that here and there. I was told to give it out for the slow interface specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think that's a bug then, it's not been fully tested so there may be issues like that here and there. I was told to give it out for the slow interface specifically.

No biggie, that's why I downgraded, I don't mind trying new firmwares. Just not crazy about factory resets. It was weird, whenever I was on 5ghz it'd ping like it's going to run the speed test but just spin. Same thing with loading web pages, and this was with AX disabled. So obviously I couldn't have that lol. I'll hang tight because I overall do like this router. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, djhixson88 said:

No biggie, that's why I downgraded, I don't mind trying new firmwares. Just not crazy about factory resets. It was weird, whenever I was on 5ghz it'd ping like it's going to run the speed test but just spin. Same thing with loading web pages, and this was with AX disabled. So obviously I couldn't have that lol. I'll hang tight because I overall do like this router. 

You need to do factory resets, there is no way round it and these routers are far more complex hence the strong push to do resets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Newfie said:

You need to do factory resets, there is no way round it and these routers are far more complex hence the strong push to do resets. 

I know, I do them, just don't like to LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...