Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
daz

losing connection

Recommended Posts

my duma is losing connection atleast once per day requiring manual reboot cause i cant even access the dashboard

anyone else having similar problems?

also a suggestion for version 3 of the duma would be to have an off switch on the device itself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have same thing since today. Lose connection and I need to do manual reboot of the Netduma R2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same problem happens to me, about 3 time a day.. Lan disconnected on all devices. Straight away the R2 boots up after the disconnect and works for a few hours, sometimes less and disconnects again. it hurt when im winning :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a wifi issue i had the same thing only way how i managed to make it work is turn off dns upstream and look for your service provider dns and on wifi channel and channel with put on automatic that completely fixed my issue but youll get slow wifi speed on your wireless devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is the same too. Wifi keeps disconnecting from internet, have to disable and enable at least twice a day even my dhcp leasing time set for 3 dy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also having this issue. In fact my girlfriend is on my tail about why my fancy new router isn't working. Told me she wants the old Cox one back - I need some help guys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rev said:

I'm also having this issue. In fact my girlfriend is on my tail about why my fancy new router isn't working. Told me she wants the old Cox one back - I need some help guys. 

lol.. here also dude..  my GF can't use her cellphone because it keeps dropping her after a few hours. She keeps annoying me(with reason)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, sorry to hear you're having this issue.

As I don't know what you've all tried I will give you all the suggestions that could help while we look into the issue.

  1. Upgrade to .179 firmware and do a factory reset after upgrading: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/
  2. If you're not using a pure modem then give the R2 a static/reserved WAN IP on the modem/router.
  3. In DHCP Settings set DHCP lease hours to 168
  4. Disable Mirror mode for WiFi and give 2.4/5GHz different names
  5. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channels and change to those
  6. Experiment with the wifi widths to find what gives you the best speed/range

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi all, sorry to hear you're having this issue.

As I don't know what you've all tried I will give you all the suggestions that could help while we look into the issue.

  1. Upgrade to .179 firmware and do a factory reset after upgrading: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/
  2. If you're not using a pure modem then give the R2 a static/reserved WAN IP on the modem/router.
  3. In DHCP Settings set DHCP lease hours to 168
  4. Disable Mirror mode for WiFi and give 2.4/5GHz different names
  5. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channels and change to those
  6. Experiment with the wifi widths to find what gives you the best speed/range

will try these thanks

fyi its not just wifi for me as my xbox and pc are ethernet connected and it loses all connection to the duma and cant get on dashboard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daz said:

will try these thanks

fyi its not just wifi for me as my xbox and pc are ethernet connected and it loses all connection to the duma and cant get on dashboard

Okay hopefully there is something within the first three options that will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2020 at 11:39 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi all, sorry to hear you're having this issue.

As I don't know what you've all tried I will give you all the suggestions that could help while we look into the issue.

  1. Upgrade to .179 firmware and do a factory reset after upgrading: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/
  2. If you're not using a pure modem then give the R2 a static/reserved WAN IP on the modem/router.
  3. In DHCP Settings set DHCP lease hours to 168
  4. Disable Mirror mode for WiFi and give 2.4/5GHz different names
  5. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channels and change to those
  6. Experiment with the wifi widths to find what gives you the best speed/range

Will try that. To me it looks like everytime the leasing ends, the device should make a new request again by disconnecting the wifi and connecting again. It seems that the router is not doing it automatically, will try to set all my devices on static IP and observe it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Renan said:

Will try that. To me it looks like everytime the leasing ends, the device should make a new request again by disconnecting the wifi and connecting again. It seems that the router is not doing it automatically, will try to set all my devices on static IP and observe it as well.

That is quite possible, let us know how that goes and if it fixes it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m seeing a troubling amount of people having the same issues I’m having. Seems like it’s time to get a new router. Anybody have any ideas other than R2? Need a LEGITIMATE gaming router! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, freddy said:

I’ve been having the same issues. I updated and factory reset my R2 and it detects no internet. 

7 hours ago, freddy said:

I’m seeing a troubling amount of people having the same issues I’m having. Seems like it’s time to get a new router. Anybody have any ideas other than R2? Need a LEGITIMATE gaming router! 

Not everyone has the issue, it is a support forum so you'll only see people having issues. Even similar issues won't be due to the same reasons. I'd suggest emailing [email protected] with your order number and getting a replacement to see if that resolves it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I've been experiencing the same thing. After the latest update i factory reset like suggested and everything was fine for a couple of days. Now it seems to be playing up every day, Wifi and LAN disconnecting. I have also noticed the speeds on wifi seem to be alot slower, just loading a website seem to take longer than necessary.

Today the connections went off completely and i couldn't reconnect to the internet for about an hour, Lan or Wifi, even after several restarts and checking to see if my IP was down, which it wasn't.

So far I've changed the DHCP lease hours to 168 as suggested and i'll try seperating the Wifi channels to see if that makes a difference.

welcome to anymore suggestions 👍

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, appleround said:

Hi all,

I've been experiencing the same thing. After the latest update i factory reset like suggested and everything was fine for a couple of days. Now it seems to be playing up every day, Wifi and LAN disconnecting. I have also noticed the speeds on wifi seem to be alot slower, just loading a website seem to take longer than necessary.

Today the connections went off completely and i couldn't reconnect to the internet for about an hour, Lan or Wifi, even after several restarts and checking to see if my IP was down, which it wasn't.

So far I've changed the DHCP lease hours to 168 as suggested and i'll try seperating the Wifi channels to see if that makes a difference.

welcome to anymore suggestions 👍

 

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. They're really the only suggestions I have at the moment - other than setting static/reserved IPs for devices in DHCP and if possible the R2 WAN IP until we can get a new firmware out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 5:11 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. They're really the only suggestions I have at the moment - other than setting static/reserved IPs for devices in DHCP and if possible the R2 WAN IP until we can get a new firmware out.

Thanks Fraser, I understand there will be teething problems and it'll get sorted eventually. Until then I'll try whats been suggested.
Many thanks

-J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Netduma Fraser,

I have done all the steps below and still the internet connection loses, the wifi never drops, only internet connection, at least once a day:

- disabled mirror setting 2.4g/5g

- set DHCP leasing time 168H

- all devices have static IPs

- disabled Synflood protection

- tried different channels and frequencies on wifi

- swap between encryption modes wpa etc..

I go to sleep and on the next day always my cellphone has no internet connection and so as my wife. Different cellphones and both there is this message on the wifi icon up screen.

Any suggestion or firmware that I could try using? Tks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Renan said:

@Netduma Fraser,

I have done all the steps below and still the internet connection loses, the wifi never drops, only internet connection, at least once a day:

- disabled mirror setting 2.4g/5g

- set DHCP leasing time 168H

- all devices have static IPs

- disabled Synflood protection

- tried different channels and frequencies on wifi

- swap between encryption modes wpa etc..

I go to sleep and on the next day always my cellphone has no internet connection and so as my wife. Different cellphones and both there is this message on the wifi icon up screen.

Any suggestion or firmware that I could try using? Tks

No firmware at the moment but we are testing one. What is the R2 connected to exactly? Is it a pure modem (no WiFi) or a modem/router?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, daz said:

still having same problems also , just happened twice in about 20 minutes

Email [email protected] and request a replacement would be my advice at this point as everything has been tried and so otherwise you'd have to wait for a new version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...