Jump to content
Andpodepah

Which Traffic do I prioritize?

Recommended Posts

Hello friends!
is it necessary to prioritize a port 3074, UDP since the DumaOs itself already prioritizes all Ps4 traffic?
what is the best way to prioritize a game on R2?
form; Basic manual (game console) or advanced manual set ports?

in the Basic option, shouldn't there be the game Call of duty?

 

traffi.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well after using BASIC Manual - Game Console for over a month, i have changed to ADVANCED and forward all the port which COD uses such as 80, 443, etc I will be testing it and update over here. Yet interesting to know from the moderator which one is better BASIC or ADVANCED and if ADVANCED is better than right way to forward the ports? Do we have to port forward all of them or one only?

 

 JBkkwgYRUlNNgWbvxWo7wpe51DpCCdaWIKq27ivmiPgnSDH6kKe4g_j7iOITd9tK-QnzdyYvIaP377lYTr8f3J-R061YVp0d2JHD1TEEwOSrsWe7RgAyHyU6nioOx1ayPtcvwiPf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Todos os dispositivos definidos como consoles no Gerenciador de dispositivos irão acionar os jogos classificados do DumaOS quando enviarem qualquer tráfego UDP.

that is, I will then leave the game console option, as it already performs prioritization for UDP ports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Well after using BASIC Manual - Game Console for over a month, i have changed to ADVANCED and forward all the port which COD uses such as 80, 443, etc I will be testing it and update over here. Yet interesting to know from the moderator which one is better BASIC or ADVANCED and if ADVANCED is better than right way to forward the ports? Do we have to port forward all of them or one only?

 

 JBkkwgYRUlNNgWbvxWo7wpe51DpCCdaWIKq27ivmiPgnSDH6kKe4g_j7iOITd9tK-QnzdyYvIaP377lYTr8f3J-R061YVp0d2JHD1TEEwOSrsWe7RgAyHyU6nioOx1ayPtcvwiPf

I believe that the best way for us to find a favorable option for our connection is to test it, right. let's see, so far I'm enjoying it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys i got 3 PS4 are active in the house and sharing same internet. After disabling Duma Classified Games and by using Advanced option and ports. I no longer feel Blotted connect and fluidity is way better. Lets assume if Duma Classified Games support all gaming console than i am sure it is not functioning for 2 consoles operating at the same time. Out 3 PS4 2 are used for online gaming and one for Netflix. I would appreciate if you guys look into this function. At least confirm the method i used in above picture is correct? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Caras que tenho 3 PS4 estão ativos na casa e compartilhando a mesma internet. Depois de desativar o Duma Classified Games e usar a opção e portas avançadas. Eu não sinto mais conexão Blotted e a fluidez é muito melhor. Vamos supor que se o Duma Classified Games oferecer suporte a todos os consoles de jogos, então tenho certeza de que ele não está funcionando em 2 consoles operando ao mesmo tempo. Out 3 PS4 2 são usados para jogos online e um para Netflix. Eu apreciaria se vocês examinassem esta função. Confirme pelo menos se o método que usei na imagem acima está correto? 

where did you leave the image?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 10:45 PM, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Guys i got 3 PS4 are active in the house and sharing same internet. After disabling Duma Classified Games and by using Advanced option and ports. I no longer feel Blotted connect and fluidity is way better. Lets assume if Duma Classified Games support all gaming console than i am sure it is not functioning for 2 consoles operating at the same time. Out 3 PS4 2 are used for online gaming and one for Netflix. I would appreciate if you guys look into this function. At least confirm the method i used in above picture is correct? 

If it works for you then that is all that matters. Generally prioritizing 443 isn't a good idea as you could prioritize heavy downloads etc. Also you can't always be sure what the source ports are so they may not always trigger but again it works for you so that's great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To echo Fraser's sentiment, if packets are being prioritized under traffic prio, then what do you have to lose? Especially with a busy home network... TCP ports 80, 88, 443, 1935 have been mythbusted & generally operate as a placebo effect while gaming. Forwarding Port 3074 UDP or DMZ will generally give you the same end result, if multiple consoles are on your router's network. 

Just check to make sure packet activity is being forwarded to the designated device you have prioritized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, after i made changes which are:

1) Disabling Duma Classified Games.

2) Adding device with ADVANCE and ports (COD modern warfare uses:

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480 UDP: 3074, 3478-3479

It made my connection way better and in online gaming i felt as if my character is on RED BULL. On the other hand my brother started complaining that his PING on 2nd PS4 has gone high (200ms) and feeling LAG. (prior to changes he use to play fortnite with 5ms ping servers in Bahrain). 

I added his PS4 in Traffic Prioritization and here you go again. I started to feel same load on my connection as before. The whole idea behind buying this router was to ensure smart internet sharing with effecting online gaming. Now either my settings are not correct or this router is not doing what it suppose to do. My internet connection is 40Mbps down and 5 Mbps upload. 

According to Google we would require only 3Mbps connection to play online games (i am not sure how true this is?) I would appreciate if you arrange an online session to review my settings or investigate how this TRAFFIC PRIORTIZATION is currently operating. This is the most wanted feature for the future where every family require this function with multiple devices to operate. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you using Congestion Control at the same time? You should remove the 80 & 443 rules from your device then make the same rules for that device. Otherwise add both with the Games Console service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Chaiyoabc said:

I use 1-65535 UDP all src and dest

So that I don't have to change anything when I switch to other games

I'd recommend doing dest 1024-65535 otherwise you will prioritize downloads that will supersede QoS and likely cause other devices to lag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd recommend doing dest 1024-65535 otherwise you will prioritize downloads that will supersede QoS and likely cause other devices to lag.

Ok, noted i didnt get much impact because my other devices are in other line. My internet package has 2 line. Esport and normal

i put other devices on normal line

and my ps4 on esport line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright i will remove both 80 and 443 from my PS4 and make same rule for other PS4 without 80 and 443.

Yes I am using Congestion Control 80% Down and 90% Up along with APPLY as always and Bandwidth Allocation as Devices and all the three PS4 Down and Up fixed.  My ps4 down is 15mbps and up 3mbps.

The reason I made Apply as Always cuz i am not sure if AUTO-EBABLE is fully functional. Let me know if this setting is optimal?

 

Note: I have also made port forwarding for 

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480 UDP: 3074, 3478-3479

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Traffic Prioritization prioritizes then auto enable will work. The port forwarding is likely a problem as it prevents the other consoles from having ports be opened. When you have multiple consoles it is much better to have UPnP enabled so would suggest deleting those rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2020 at 2:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd recommend doing dest 1024-65535 otherwise you will prioritize downloads that will supersede QoS and likely cause other devices to lag.

I started using these port today and lemme tell ya’ this works great! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BERNARDINO DE AGUAS said:

podrias decir como hacerlo?

image.thumb.png.3bca423f1f0903d5c20ff613299dd101.png

Si En Source Port -- donde dice Start: escribe 1024 y en el que dice End: 65535.

Lo mismo haces en Destination Port -- Start 1024 y End 65535.

En Protocol escoge UDP.

Finalmente Save.

Eso es todo. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex49H said:

Si En Source Port - donde dice Start: escribe 1024 y en el que dice End: 65535.

Lo mismo haces en Puerto de destino - Inicio 1024 y Fin 65535.

En Protocolo escolta UDP.

Finalmente Guardar.

Eso es todo. :)

probare y te cuento despues... gracias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BERNARDINO DE AGUAS said:

probare y te cuento despues... gracias

Sí hay me dices cómo te fue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright a question, why Call of Duty Modern Warfare (PS4) is not listed in Traffic Prioritization Selector game list? Check image below: The reason why i am asking is because I have two PS4 on my network 1st priorities for UNREAL ENGINE (Fortnite) which got huge traffic Down 240000 and up 273000 where as 2nd PS4 was priorities for Call of duty modern warfare ports and nominal numbers were showing only in UDP in thousand. 

It is very important to have game listed for optimal Traffic Prioritization and i could confidently tell you that Fortnite traffic is prioritize 100% where as COD is not. 

 

image.thumb.png.1da144a2c44f613243f60643145088bb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 11:07 PM, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Alright a question, why Call of Duty Modern Warfare (PS4) is not listed in Traffic Prioritization Selector game list? Check image below: The reason why i am asking is because I have two PS4 on my network 1st priorities for UNREAL ENGINE (Fortnite) which got huge traffic Down 240000 and up 273000 where as 2nd PS4 was priorities for Call of duty modern warfare ports and nominal numbers were showing only in UDP in thousand. 

It is very important to have game listed for optimal Traffic Prioritization and i could confidently tell you that Fortnite traffic is prioritize 100% where as COD is not. 

As it is on a console all you need to do is select Games Console.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SendNukes said:

Is it bad to run both duma classified games and dmz simultaneously?

No that is absolutely fine, they're both completely different functions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...