Squidid

Netduma R2 rebooted suddenly

9 hours ago, Squidid said:

I didn't check, but I just restarted the router and it fixed it. But this never happened before since the last update. Also before that my games are lagging even though the speedtests comes up 800mbps download, 700mbps upload, and 5 ms ping. That's why I adjusted the QoS and that happened.

OK, let us know if you experience any further disconnections. How do you currently have QoS configured?

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, let us know if you experience any further disconnections. How do you currently have QoS configured?

Like this:

But it's currently disabled because I'm scared that it might have issues again.

20210611_112600.jpg

20210611_112538.jpg

Make sure the router isn't sat in a place where it could easily overheat and has plenty of airflow, it's getting quite hot in the UK for example so could be overheating, if you have a fan perhaps try pointing that at the router, then enable QoS and see if it is more stable

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Make sure the router isn't sat in a place where it could easily overheat and has plenty of airflow, it's getting quite hot in the UK for example so could be overheating, if you have a fan perhaps try pointing that at the router, then enable QoS and see if it is more stable

I agree with Fraser, from software perspective the QoS works great but the CPU works more and this means the temperature grows, it is important to keep the R2 fresher if you want to have the QoS enabled.

Please take a look this example: 

Right now I'm using QoS to rate-limit the traffic to 60mbps for download and 10mbps for upload and I set a couple of rules of traffic prioritization for the "Microsoft teams" and please notice the CPU, the average utilization is 35-40%:

image.thumb.png.b7514e6c76672cd199676998aacc8e4a.png

image.thumb.png.f5c7491ab19197055609c6dd80fe82dd.png

And please check the temperature, right now is at 49.2 C degrees and is still incrementing and I started download and upload traffic at 11:21am when the temperature was in 47.8

image.png.4ca820ca60ebabdd982dbf36c7f696cb.png

For this reason, is important to keep the R2 in a place fresher if you want to use the QoS.

Wednesday and Thursday I did not stress the QoS and the higher temperature was 48 C degrees:

image.png.8f3e843e4b23eb6d5ed6fa5c03e5ee04.png

Cheers.

Kenneth R

On 6/11/2021 at 11:40 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay I took the front cover of the mini fan and placed it under the R2 so there's some kind of vent going on there. The problem is the fan is not working anymore, but I hope the front cover of the mini fan would work.

21 hours ago, kgrm said:

Please take a look this example: 

Right now I'm using QoS to rate-limit the traffic to 60mbps for download and 10mbps for upload and I set a couple of rules of traffic prioritization for the "Microsoft teams" and please notice the CPU, the average utilization is 

Thank you! I am currently looking for a fan for my R2. So to confirm one last time, QoS can overheat and cause the R2 to disconnect?