Jump to content
Squidid

Netduma R2 rebooted suddenly

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable 2.4GHz, apply, reboot then enable, apply and reboot again, is it broadcasting then?

Wow. Like a magic. Yeah it works! Thank you!

Update: Hold on. There's no internet connection. I'll try to reboot again.

Update2: Okay so I guess 2 reboots? Everything's fine now. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Squidid said:

Wow. Like a magic. Yeah it works! Thank you!

Update: Hold on. There's no internet connection. I'll try to reboot again.

Update2: Okay so I guess 2 reboots? Everything's fine now. :)

Glad to hear it,

Keep us up to date if you experience any further issues with this :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I cannot access Dumaos/. And on my nintendo 2ds I cannot find the 5ghz, but could see and connect to 2.4ghz with internet connection. All happening at the same time. I'm going to try and restart the R2 by unplugging and plugging back in..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Squidid said:

Today I cannot access Dumaos/. And on my nintendo 2ds I cannot find the 5ghz, but could see and connect to 2.4ghz with internet connection. All happening at the same time. I'm going to try and restart the R2 by unplugging and plugging back in..

Can you access the interface by the LAN IP? I don't believe the 2DS supports 5GHz as I don't think even the 3DS does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2020 at 8:59 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you access the interface by the LAN IP? I don't believe the 2DS supports 5GHz as I don't think even the 3DS does.

@Netduma Fraser Sorry for the super late reply. Forget about the 3ds thing. There's a new issue that's been bothering us. The R2 sometimes disconnects and reconnects. But there are times that when it disconnects it doesn't reconnect. I would have to power cycle it a few times before it finally connects. I have always confirmed that it's the R2 and not the ISP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser Sorry for the super late reply. Forget about the 3ds thing. There's a new issue that's been bothering us. The R2 sometimes disconnects and reconnects. But there are times that when it disconnects it doesn't reconnect. I would have to power cycle it a few times before it finally connects. I have always confirmed that it's the R2 and not the ISP.

Sorry to hear that! Are you noticing this occurring at any particular time? Is there any pattern with the disconnects at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 7:17 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear that! Are you noticing this occurring at any particular time? Is there any pattern with the disconnects at all?

There's no pattern at all. Today the internet of R2 is not working again. This time, even with power cycling it still not connecting even though the ISP's modem is working just fine (tested through ethernet and wifi).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Squidid said:

There's no pattern at all. Today the internet of R2 is not working again. This time, even with power cycling it still not connecting even though the ISP's modem is working just fine (tested through ethernet and wifi).

Are you able to give the R2 a static/reserved IP on the modem and see if that helps at all? In theory it should prevent the lease renewal causing a disconnect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2021 at 12:03 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you able to give the R2 a static/reserved IP on the modem and see if that helps at all? In theory it should prevent the lease renewal causing a disconnect.

It happened again today. Hold on let me check it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: It's weird all devices are disconnected. Cannot surf the net or music. Also can't access Dumaos/ and the modem, BUT my ipad's games are online. It doesn't even have lte. I have no clue what's going on... I'm going to restart everything and hope to access modem to give R2 static address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you access the modem if you connect directly to it? That doesn't make any sense that's really strange, perhaps it acted as a switch but just for that device. Keep us posted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you access the modem if you connect directly to it? That doesn't make any sense that's really strange, perhaps it acted as a switch but just for that device. Keep us posted!

Everything's fine now. Went back to what we talked about in this thread. I did the static IP and enabled the DMZ. But get this.. it was not just the ipad there's also another device that was also working, my in laws were in a zoom meeting. So my inlaws' laptop and my ipad were the only ones that were working. Anyways everything's fine now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Squidid said:

Everything's fine now. Went back to what we talked about in this thread. I did the static IP and enabled the DMZ. But get this.. it was not just the ipad there's also another device that was also working, my in laws were in a zoom meeting. So my inlaws' laptop and my ipad were the only ones that were working. Anyways everything's fine now.

How strange! Glad to hear everything's OK now :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 1:17 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

It's something we need to fix really but those options can help to reduce the occurrences. I've sent you a PM.

Okay. Won't be able to perform a reset until everyone in the house is asleep. I might be able to do it next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2021 at 12:58 PM, Squidid said:

Okay. Won't be able to perform a reset until everyone in the house is asleep. I might be able to do it next week.

So I did it a week ago. The disconnection issue still keeps coming back and I think it's a little worse because it's more frequent and just today I restarted the R2 and it connected for a couple of minutes then disconnected again. So I'm going to connect the R2 to my devices only because people here have meetings and they keep getting disconnected. I don't know if it will affect the R2, but I will use the wifi of the modem for the rest of the people here. Is there a new update or something? @Netduma Fraser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2021 at 12:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's annoying but thanks for the update, yes I don't believe you're on this version yet .205 https://forum.netduma.com/topic/34950-new-r2-firmware-30205/ as always factory reset after and see whether it is more stable please

 

@Netduma Fraser Last night the issue came back and I restarted the R2 then after a few minutes the internet is gone again and then restarted the R2 again then I fell asleep. Woke up at 3am and there's no internet restarted the R2 again. It's been 30 minutes now that the R2 hasn't disconnected yet. You guys have new updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser Last night the issue came back and I restarted the R2 then after a few minutes the internet is gone again and then restarted the R2 again then I fell asleep. Woke up at 3am and there's no internet restarted the R2 again. It's been 30 minutes now that the R2 hasn't disconnected yet. You guys have new updates?

No more updates ready yet. On your devices, particularly the wireless ones, disable private addresses/force them to use their own MAC addresses and see if you notice more stability. Here are a few links to help you do this:

iOS https://www.howtogeek.com/691955/how-to-disable-private-wi-fi-mac-addresses-on-iphone-and-ipad/
Android https://www.linksys.com/th/support-article?articleNum=317710
Windows https://it.nmu.edu/docs/disable-random-hardware-address-windows-10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...