Jump to content
Squidid

Netduma R2 rebooted suddenly

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Squidid said:

Yeah I also have a usb fan. But it's not for PC. So... 😂 but it works. So 1,6 and 11 are the channels that's faster than the rest? Also the last time I used wifi analyzer the internet went out. Idk why..

No those channels are normally the better choice to use on 2.4 depending on what’s in your area. Saying that many analysers don’t show hidden channels and many routers use auto so when up you check your neighbouring channels using a Wi-Fi analyser an hour later neighbouring channels can move creating interference once again.

5 ghz due to the shorter reach can be useful as the chances are slimmer that neighbouring channels are causing interference. It also offers more throughput so in many cases it’s a lot better for gaming. 

Wifi can be quite hard to get right at times depending on RFI, placement of Router, The specification of the hardware for the Wi-Fi and so on.

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Newfie said:

No those channels are normally the better choice to use on 2.4 depending on what’s in your area. Saying that many analysers don’t show hidden channels and many routers use auto so when up you check your neighbouring channels using a Wi-Fi analyser an hour later neighbouring channels can move creating interference once again.

5 ghz due to the shorter reach can be useful as the chances are slimmer that neighbouring channels are causing interference. It also offers more throughput so in many cases it’s a lot better for gaming. 

Wifi can be quite hard to get right at times depending on RFI, placement of Router, The specification of the hardware for the Wi-Fi and so on.

 


 

Thank you, Newfie! I also noticed that there's no difference in speed between 5ghz and ethernet. I've heard so many times that ethernet is faster. I'm talking about ping. When I was using 5ghz my ping's 30-40 when I switched to ethernet, there's no improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2020 at 5:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Try accessing via the LAN IP instead, 192.168.77.1

Btw I also tried 192.168.77.1 just now, but didn't work. I'm currently having the no internet connection issue. I can't unplug the ethernet and plug back in because I'm about to fall asleep it's 2:14amlol. I'm going to try it tomorrow .@Netduma Fraser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Squidid said:

@Netduma Fraser I've been trying to look for that. I don't know how to do it. I think I found the one for replacing the MAC not IP. 😁 Don't know where to look.

 

16 hours ago, Squidid said:

Yeah I also have a usb fan. But it's not for PC. So... 😂 but it works. So 1,6 and 11 are the channels that's faster than the rest? Also the last time I used wifi analyzer the internet went out. Idk 

Yeah any fan will do just put it under r2 and connected in the back of the r2 it as it usb plug so 1,6,11 are the most used try to on a wifi channel that not clutter up so see a big improvement by just changing wifi channel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Squidid said:

Thank you, Newfie! I also noticed that there's no difference in speed between 5ghz and ethernet. I've heard so many times that ethernet is faster. I'm talking about ping. When I was using 5ghz my ping's 30-40 when I switched to ethernet, there's no improvement.

There’s going to be some latency involved in WiFi, again as each standard has improved the better WiFi has became. Many believe wired is the only way to game and yes in a way you cut down your risks of issues and in a crowded environment with a R2 I would go wired but if you have very few neighbouring channels around you or if for example your 5 GHz channel is nice and free and you are within a good distance from the Router then gaming should be fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Squidid said:

Yeah I also have a usb fan. But it's not for PC. So... 😂 but it works. So 1,6 and 11 are the channels that's faster than the rest? Also the last time I used wifi analyzer the internet went out. Idk why..

That should not be needed, the router should not need a fan tbh unless its built in. I like the R2 but I wonder if its overheating slightly. Lets home the Netduma team can sort things out. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Squidid said:

Btw I also tried 192.168.77.1 just now, but didn't work. I'm currently having the no internet connection issue. I can't unplug the ethernet and plug back in because I'm about to fall asleep it's 2:14amlol. I'm going to try it tomorrow .@Netduma Fraser

Keep us posted, did you manage to find how to give the R2 a static IP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Keep us posted, did you manage to find how to give the R2 a static IP?

@Netduma Fraser I'm doing it now. I found the IP of the R2. I'm not sure if this is the way to change it to static?

 

isitthisone.PNG

 

 

Also there's an error in the dumaos here's a screenshot.

 

 

Captureeee.thumb.PNG.7c790c08cf3d5fc364ac827191e2dabe.PNG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Newfie said:

There’s going to be some latency involved in WiFi, again as each standard has improved the better WiFi has became. Many believe wired is the only way to game and yes in a way you cut down your risks of issues and in a crowded environment with a R2 I would go wired but if you have very few neighbouring channels around you or if for example your 5 GHz channel is nice and free and you are within a good distance from the Router then gaming should be fine.

 

When I was using the 5ghz sometimes the signal drops to 2 bars so I think I'm close to being far from the router. So I bought a 50 feet ethernet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Killhippie said:

That should not be needed, the router should not need a fan tbh unless its built in. I like the R2 but I wonder if its overheating slightly. Lets home the Netduma team can sort things out. :)

Yeah I notice when the r2 gets hot it crashes the wifi and the internet start being slow I bought a usb fan worked wonders

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that is right, you're on the correct page! Reboot the router and it should be fine. We're still improving the WiFi but that is a good idea, that is what I've done in my home actually.

@Netduma Fraser So the IP of my R2 ends with 17, but it's not listed on the "Select an IP address to associate with a MAC address". Here's a screenshot.

Captureeeeeeeeeeeee.thumb.PNG.b725ac6eb007983b3f50c4e1f08686dd.PNG

 

Also should I remove dumaos from the list before putting it in static IP?

Capturee.PNG.f57ea3da987f209390f16febf17789d9.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Killhippie said:

That should not be needed, the router should not need a fan tbh unless its built in. I like the R2 but I wonder if its overheating slightly. Lets home the Netduma team can sort things out. :)

Maybe they're going to send us a free fan that can be attached to the R2? lol I mean it's a possible solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't showing the IP as it is already taken by the R2 so just give it a random one from the list, then apply. You will likely then need to update the DMZ with the new IP and reboot the R2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It isn't showing the IP as it is already taken by the R2 so just give it a random one from the list, then apply. You will likely then need to update the DMZ with the new IP and reboot the R2.

The DMZ's disabled. Should I enable it?

 

its disabled.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: After giving the dumaos a static IP. Then rebooting the R2, the internet connection was lost. This is the R2 still have the lights on even there's no internet.

 

Also did the "unplug replug the ethernet cable" and still no internet connection.

 

 

Update: I enabled the DMZ and put the IP of the R2 in the list. Internet connection is back! :)

Still having the same errors when opening dumaos and every page in dumaos.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.thumb.PNG.2ee047317943f46d441e3c664b4b28e5.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great! Did you change a device name or anything? Which page doesn't load at all?

I didn't change the device name. Like every page I go to that error pop up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Topguns said:

Yeah I notice when the r2 gets hot it crashes the wifi and the internet start being slow I bought a usb fan worked wonders

Yeah it works but tbh it should come with one in the box at this price,  I've never had a router that overheats like this, my other router has a built in fan. I hope a modification can be made to the R2 to cool it down without users having to pay extra to sort out a possible design flaw that's not their problem, if that it what it is of course. I'm sure Netduma will fix it anyway. I mean you don't buy a car to find out it drives badly because it hasn't got tyres and they are extra to keep it on the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Squidid said:

I didn't change the device name. Like every page I go to that error pop up. 

Do a factory reset on the R2 and that should fix it, also as you've done the reserved IP in the upstream router you don't have to worry about redoing the DMZ when that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...