Bauerfreak109

Best settings

Hey, welcome to the forum!

• What router are you using specifically and what firmware version are you on?
  • What is your exact physical setup?
  • What is your ISP?
  • What speeds do you pay for/expect?

I would recommend having a look at our optimal settings guides: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

ISP is the Internet Service Provider. I'd suggest using the Geo-Filter in Spectating Mode for the moment until we do a cloud update. For QoS use Anti-Bufferbloat with Always and 70% download & upload to start. Then see how you get on.

My ISP is Spectrum.  My other problem is that it will disconnect from the modem then connect back it doesn't happen all the time but it's annoying.  I made them replace the modem so the modem is new.  Do you have any suggestions for that.

That is likely the DHCP issue that there will be a fix for in the next beta build, if that is stable then we'll get a lot more people involved so you'll be able to use it. For now do a reboot and that should resolve it for now.

55 minutes ago, Bauerfreak109 said:

Yea it keeps dropping my internet do you think it might be the firmware?

Yes, almost certainly it is. The beta is open now but we had to remove the latest firmware due to some issues, we will release a new one soon so keep an eye out here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma and try it when it becomes available to see if that fixes it.

I think I finally fixed it maybe no problems yesterday Or today as of yet.  I unplugged my WiFi extender netgear 3700 and hard wired my netgear nighthawk to the end of the house and made it an AP.  I think the problem was I made the netgear 3700 extender a wireless extender and it was making my internet drop every now and then.