Jump to content
Snipingzom

Can the r2 not take 1g speeds or something?

Recommended Posts

so i have ran so many speed test that i lost count but for some reason i cant get all my speed when i have the r2 hooked up but when i us my rx500 or even just connect my modem to my pc i get all of my speeds so im not understanding why dont the r2 give me all my speeds yes i have cat 6 and cat 5e cables so the cables it's the issues i made sure of that i even went out and got a new modem i did a factory reset on the r2 and ran speed with out touching any of the r2 settings still no im only get about 750 mbps on speedtest.net and when i do the connection benchmark i only get about 650 same when i do the auto detect for my Congestion Control the pictures shows my speed with the r2 and the other shows my speeds with my xr500 

15981211260009177589523140164189.jpg

15981211846592081225624328723757.jpg

15981212203672486972326123975784.jpg

20200822_110230.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the exact same issues but I believe the next firmware update is supposed to address these issues. I believe it will release this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We will continue to update benchmark to make it align more closely to speeds reported by other sites. From the screenshot there though you're getting almost 800Mbps through the router which is pretty good. Don't forget the XR500 is over double the price!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We will continue to update benchmark to make it align more closely to speeds reported by other sites. From the screenshot there though you're getting almost 800Mbps through the router which is pretty good. Don't forget the XR500 is over double the price!

I get that it's double the price i was confused because I thought the r2 was supposed to support 1000mbps and not cap my speeds at 700 or so 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was happening to me when the XR 500 as well. I returned it and got the R2. Same thing still happens. I was hoping it was a bug ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doylebl39 said:

I'm having the exact same issues but I believe the next firmware update is supposed to address these issues. I believe it will release this week.

happy to see im not the only one and i hope so i think the router has alot of  Potential so i hope they get the bugs worked out for sure

1 hour ago, doylebl39 said:

This was happening to me when the XR 500 as well. I returned it and got the R2. Same thing still happens. I was hoping it was a bug ?

i don't have the problem with my rx500 come to think of it I haven't had many problems with my rx500 i got the r2 because i wanted to get the new 3.0 and i was liking the  Features it have 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it has to be software then. Both the XR500 and the R2 have limited my speeds. I’m sure they’ll figure it out. I have Bell Fibre op. Who’s your provider ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We will continue to update benchmark to make it align more closely to speeds reported by other sites. From the screenshot there though you're getting almost 800Mbps through the router which is pretty good. Don't forget the XR500 is over double the price!

And for some reason now i can't connect to the internet with the r2 

55 minutes ago, doylebl39 said:

I think it has to be software then. Both the XR500 and the R2 have limited my speeds. I’m sure they’ll figure it out. I have Bell Fibre op. Who’s your provider ?

Yea i can see it being the software and i have  Spectrum gig internet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually when a router supports up to 1Gbps it's not always going to hit that speed. We've seen in a lab environment it hit between 800-900Mbps but residential connections will vary. If we can increase the speeds then we will - we'll definitely get benchmark reporting closer to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Usually when a router supports up to 1Gbps it's not always going to hit that speed. We've seen in a lab environment it hit between 800-900Mbps but residential connections will vary. If we can increase the speeds then we will - we'll definitely get benchmark reporting closer to this.

Ok i see well heres to hoping the update is soon and make all our dreams come true!! Also will the under load test be more accurate as well ? Because it seems no matter how i sent my Congestion Control my underload ping is always high

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have the same issue. my R2 caps met at around 850mbps dn and up but with ATT BGW320 Gateway i get 950mbps dn and up. but test were done back to back. i get better speeds with  my default isp Gateway. is there a fix for this with the R2?

Screenshot 2021-02-15 220257.png

Screenshot 2021-02-15 220532.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PrizonerOfFaith said:

i have the same issue. my R2 caps met at around 850mbps dn and up but with ATT BGW320 Gateway i get 950mbps dn and up. but test were done back to back. i get better speeds with  my default isp Gateway. is there a fix for this with the R2?

Screenshot 2021-02-15 220257.png

Screenshot 2021-02-15 220532.png

Man i wish i was getting that high i hit 600 out of a gig lol and there is no fix that im know of 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you guys are lucky i started with the most now im here even if i restart or reset i haven't changed a thing on this setup it changed up on me. :(

 

850mb.png

390mb.png

117mb.png

76mb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biird said:

you guys are lucky i started with the most now im here even if i restart or reset i haven't changed a thing on this setup it changed up on me. :(

 

850mb.png

390mb.png

117mb.png

76mb.png

Good god man thats just heartbreaking!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Biird said:

you guys are lucky i started with the most now im here even if i restart or reset i haven't changed a thing on this setup it changed up on me. :(

 

850mb.png

390mb.png

117mb.png

76mb.png

If that were me I would install the latest firmware over the top and reset afterwards then test again just incase something is corrupted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to go back to the old .66 software because version 3.0, I am not able to have more than 300mb while with the .66 software I get above 900mb / s. I will wait for the next update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PrizonerOfFaith said:

i have the same issue. my R2 caps met at around 850mbps dn and up but with ATT BGW320 Gateway i get 950mbps dn and up. but test were done back to back. i get better speeds with  my default isp Gateway. is there a fix for this with the R2?

11 hours ago, Snipingzom said:

Man i wish i was getting that high i hit 600 out of a gig lol and there is no fix that im know of 

8 hours ago, Biird said:

you guys are lucky i started with the most now im here even if i restart or reset i haven't changed a thing on this setup it changed up on me. :(

Make sure you enter the speeds in manually that you expect - don't let it auto detect for you then do a speed test. If that doesn't work disable QoS completely from the Congestion Control menu and see if it restores your speeds. Always test via ethernet.

1 hour ago, DanyKTM said:

I had to go back to the old .66 software because version 3.0, I am not able to have more than 300mb while with the .66 software I get above 900mb / s. I will wait for the next update

I'd suggest trying this version which is the very latest XR500 beta and has quite a few fixes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok here my conclusion, 

After some testing yesterday, I have never been able to have the speeds detected by the router over 750 up and 200 down. even with disabling QOS or never checked, DMZ or by PPoE. Returned to version .66 first gear detected 960 up and 780 down. I believe there is still work to be done. I look forward to the next update.
Thanks and greetings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DanyKTM said:

ok here my conclusion, 

After some testing yesterday, I have never been able to have the speeds detected by the router over 750 up and 200 down. even with disabling QOS or never checked, DMZ or by PPoE. Returned to version .66 first gear detected 960 up and 780 down. I believe there is still work to be done. I look forward to the next update.
Thanks and greetings

When you say detected - are you referring to the inbuilt speed tests? What about if you do an actual speed test on speedtest.net for example?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

by detected, I am talking about the speed that the router gives me after a reset. I always try with a speed test with different server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm very impressed with the CC results! I've also tried to reset R2 and disable QOS and run test via Safemode with Networking but still only got 850mbps dn and up. 

Screenshot_2021-02-18_194310.png

Screenshot_2021-02-18_194401.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...