Jump to content
Netduma Admin

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Netduma R2 is here

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Master Kief said:

What really are the actual bandwidth numbers the router capable of pushing out with traffic shaping rules enabled? Not a guesstimate please. I'm sure that you have a way to run iPerf or something similar.

Is IPv6 100% fully functional or does it break QoS or other features like it does on the XR500?

Does it support file sharing and print sharing over USB?

I'm shocked that such basic info about neither the software or the hardware is provided.

People must have a ton of disposable income just to throw at an item they have no clue about.

I was thinking the same , very little info given . With launch coming in a few weeks , such info should be available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Killer65malibu said:

that being said , is the new duma 2.0 more tech advanced than the nighthawk XR500 or XR700? The specs state a dual thread processor what is the GHZ?

880

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was output numbers mentioned in a topic in the CoD section. Basicly 890 mbit QoS off and 860 mbit QoS on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Killer65malibu said:

I was thinking the same , very little info given . With launch coming in a few weeks , such info should be available

Makes you wonder why such key specs are not provided beforehand, so that people pre-ordering the device are not just setting themselves up for a disappointment.

Netduma is not a Sony or  a Microsoft. They haven't been around for long enough and they don't exactly have a great track record so far to warrant a pre-order without knowing EXACTLY what you are paying for.

I guess we can always wait post launch to find out, when the YouTube shills will start posting their "reviews" that are totally not sponsored or biased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bert said:

There was output numbers mentioned in a topic in the CoD section. Basicly 890 mbit QoS off and 860 mbit QoS on.

It would be nice if they would list how much the thing can route on the product's page along with the rest of the specs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Master Kief said:

What really are the actual bandwidth numbers the router capable of pushing out with traffic shaping rules enabled? Not a guesstimate please. I'm sure that you have a way to run iPerf or something similar.

Is IPv6 100% fully functional or does it break QoS or other features like it does on the XR500?

Does it support file sharing and print sharing over USB?

I'm shocked that such basic info about neither the software or the hardware is provided.

People must have a ton of disposable income just to throw at an item they have no clue about.

Some results for you:

QoS On:
Download 860Mbits/sec
Upload 821Mbits/sec

QoS Off:
Download 890Mbits/sec
Upload 833Mbits/sec

It does work with QoS etc and we're continuing to ensure they work harmoniously. 

Not currently no but may utilize this more in the future.

1 hour ago, Killer65malibu said:

that being said , is the new duma 2.0 more tech advanced than the nighthawk XR500 or XR700? The specs state a dual thread processor what is the GHZ?

The XR routers do have more powerful hardware, so if that is what you're after then would recommend those but if you want a router that is optimized for DumaOS and will receive updates quicker then the R2 would be a good choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Some results for you:

QoS On:
Download 860Mbits/sec
Upload 821Mbits/sec

QoS Off:
Download 890Mbits/sec
Upload 833Mbits/sec

It does work with QoS etc and we're continuing to ensure they work harmoniously. 

Not currently no but may utilize this more in the future.

The XR routers do have more powerful hardware, so if that is what you're after then would recommend those but if you want a router that is optimized for DumaOS and will receive updates quicker then the R2 would be a good choice.

Thanks. Would you by any chance know the status of the IPv6 and the functions of the USB port?

Since these are gaming routers and most likely 99% of people will have UPnP turned ON, do these routers ship with the CallStranger already patched and mitigated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Master Kief said:

What really are the actual bandwidth numbers the router capable of pushing out with traffic shaping rules enabled? Not a guesstimate please. I'm sure that you have a way to run iPerf or something similar.

Is IPv6 100% fully functional or does it break QoS or other features like it does on the XR500?

Does it support file sharing and print sharing over USB?

I'm shocked that such basic info about neither the software or the hardware is provided.

People must have a ton of disposable income just to throw at an item they have no clue about.

ipv6 works perfect with qos,

So far ipv6 works when connecting via PPPoE, Does not work when behind another router, as that router has no way of passing the right info to the r2.

I was shocked. others on the r2 beta also enquired about specs, and also no such information was on my box packaging, maybe this has changed since that feedback was given. I hope so.

I think there will be people who buy because they do have the money to throw at it. Some will think its brilliant some wont.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

ipv6 works perfect with qos,

So far ipv6 works when connecting via PPPoE, Does not work when behind another router, as that router has no way of passing the right info to the r2.

I was shocked. others on the r2 beta also enquired about specs, and also no such information was on my box packaging, maybe this has changed since that feedback was given. I hope so.

I think there will be people who buy because they do have the money to throw at it. Some will think its brilliant some wont.

 

Thanks. Like everyone else, I'm just curious about this new product.

I got burned by the XR500 dud and got rid of it.

You know how it goes:

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Master Kief said:

Thanks. Would you by any chance know the status of the IPv6 and the functions of the USB port?

Since these are gaming routers and most likely 99% of people will have UPnP turned ON, do these routers ship with the CallStranger already patched and mitigated?

Sorry, I should have been clearer. 

IPv6: It does work with QoS etc and we're continuing to ensure they work harmoniously. 
USB: Not currently no but may utilize this more in the future.

I will double check with the team regarding the vulnerability status and get back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry, I should have been clearer. 

IPv6: It does work with QoS etc and we're continuing to ensure they work harmoniously. 
USB: Not currently no but may utilize this more in the future.

I will double check with the team regarding the vulnerability status and get back to you.

needs correcting text is white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry, I should have been clearer. 

IPv6: It does work with QoS etc and we're continuing to ensure they work harmoniously. 
USB: Not currently no but may utilize this more in the future.

I will double check with the team regarding the vulnerability status and get back to you.

 

2 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

needs correcting text is white

Thanks. Is Callstranger mitigated out of the box or will it be patched later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Master Kief said:

Thanks. Is Callstranger mitigated out of the box or will it be patched later?

I will double check with the team regarding the vulnerability status and get back to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Some results for you:

QoS On:
Download 860Mbits/sec
Upload 821Mbits/sec

QoS Off:
Download 890Mbits/sec
Upload 833Mbits/sec

Nice!

 

I am not that familiar with the platform, but assuming these results are from QoS is being done "in hardware", are their alternate QoS variants like fq_codel thats done in software?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Master Kief said:

Thanks. Like everyone else, I'm just curious about this new product.

I got burned by the XR500 dud and got rid of it.

You know how it goes:

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice...

oh lord dont get me started on this XR500 . I have huge respect for everone at Netduma , but ever since the purchase of this router ive had nothing but problems. Software going out , drop in connection hard wired and wireless, map not loading ,  List goes on and on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tephra said:

Nice!

I am not that familiar with the platform, but assuming these results are from QoS is being done "in hardware", are their alternate QoS variants like fq_codel thats done in software?

It's actually all via the software/firmware, no hardware acceleration - we've done A LOT of optimization. No alternative QoS algorithms are available.

16 hours ago, Killer65malibu said:

oh lord dont get me started on this XR500 . I have huge respect for everone at Netduma , but ever since the purchase of this router ive had nothing but problems. Software going out , drop in connection hard wired and wireless, map not loading ,  List goes on and on.

What is your Netgear community name? I'll try and get you boosted up the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's actually all via the software/firmware, no hardware acceleration - we've done A LOT of optimization

hey @Netduma Fraser what QoS & Traffic Prioritization protocol does R2 use is It cake with layer of cake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's actually all via the software/firmware, no hardware acceleration - we've done A LOT of optimization. No alternative QoS algorithms are available.

What is your Netgear community name? I'll try and get you boosted up the list.

@Frasier , if you can do that for me that would be great! My handle is killer65malibu on Netgear community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We developed our own in house solutions for these features!

So "Preemptive" is coming back? Otherwise what you said is a bit misleading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Killer65malibu said:

@Frasier , if you can do that for me that would be great! My handle is killer65malibu on Netgear community.

Thanks, we'll try and get you boosted up the list asap.

10 hours ago, sidestep6 said:

So "Preemptive" is coming back? Otherwise what you said is a bit misleading.

No, there is no option to change the QoS algorithm. It's the same as the Anti-Bufferbloat that has been available on the R1 .29 beta and the XR routers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 9:42 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Some results for you:

QoS On:
Download 860Mbits/sec
Upload 821Mbits/sec

QoS Off:
Download 890Mbits/sec
Upload 833Mbits/sec

It does work with QoS etc and we're continuing to ensure they work harmoniously. 

Not currently no but may utilize this more in the future.

The XR routers do have more powerful hardware, so if that is what you're after then would recommend those but if you want a router that is optimized for DumaOS and will receive updates quicker then the R2 would be a good choice.

Hi Fraser, earlier in the forum you mentioned with QoS features on the Netduma R2 can reach 300-400mbps.
 

I was just checking in on the forum and can see in this post you’ve said when testing the below results were achieved:

 QoS On:
Download 860Mbits/sec
Upload 821Mbits/sec

Am I correct in assuming I could expect these speeds on the Netduma R2 as well with QoS on of course internet line speed dependant. I just wanted to double check I am not missing something as this is a massive jump over the prior estimated speeds with QoS? Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Ross said:

Hi Fraser, earlier in the forum you mentioned with QoS features on the Netduma R2 can reach 300-400mbps.

I was just checking in on the forum and can see in this post you’ve said when testing the below results were achieved:

 QoS On:
Download 860Mbits/sec
Upload 821Mbits/sec

Am I correct in assuming I could expect these speeds on the Netduma R2 as well with QoS on of course internet line speed dependant. I just wanted to double check I am not missing something as this is a massive jump over the prior estimated speeds with QoS? Thanks

That's right I did, good catch. Initially I was told it was 300-400 but then we went back and tested it and the latest figures I mentioned are more accurate of what you can expected. That's absolutely right yes. Do keep in mind this is in a lab environment so it may differ in a residential household environment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2020 at 4:42 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Some results for you:

QoS On:
Download 860Mbits/sec
Upload 821Mbits/sec

QoS Off:
Download 890Mbits/sec
Upload 833Mbits/sec

It does work with QoS etc and we're continuing to ensure they work harmoniously. 

Not currently no but may utilize this more in the future.

The XR routers do have more powerful hardware, so if that is what you're after then would recommend those but if you want a router that is optimized for DumaOS and will receive updates quicker then the R2 would be a good choice.

Recently upgraded to giganet 940/880 speed. Does this mean router cannot max out my connection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...