Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, this morning we had a power cut, when power came back on the r1 router had no lights on top, at back the PWR and ACT lights are flashing.

FYI, I am on most recent public dumaos firmware and its been working fine for years.

I tried pressing the RES with a pen but it just makes a clicking sound and does nothing. I tried unplugging for awhile but same.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long did you unplug it for? Generally for issues like this we suggest a solid 24 hours unplugged from the power. It could be the power adapter as well, have you got another adapter that you could test with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How long did you unplug it for? Generally for issues like this we suggest a solid 24 hours unplugged from the power. It could be the power adapter as well, have you got another adapter that you could test with?

Is there some type of massive capacitor in there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Beck said:

Hi, this morning we had a power cut, when power came back on the r1 router had no lights on top, at back the PWR and ACT lights are flashing.

FYI, I am on most recent public dumaos firmware and its been working fine for years.

I tried pressing the RES with a pen but it just makes a clicking sound and does nothing. I tried unplugging for awhile but same.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

It may have suffered a slight surge when the power came back  on if not on a surge protector or UPS with AVR. Sadly it sounds like its dead. Turning it off for 24 hours would not make a difference as most devices loose power after a few minutes tops unless they have industrial capacitors in them of Fraser knows something I don't about the R1 which is very possible. Ive never seen a router like the XR500 for instance hold power for very long when turned off. Maybe 30 seconds to a minute tops, you can discharge all the power if you had a power switch though by unplugging the device and pressing the power switch to on which will drain the device. I don't think think the R1 has a power switch, you would have to check as I don't have one. Power supplies can die though as they age, so maybe find another of similar spec to try. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Newfie said:

Is there some type of massive capacitor in there?

Ssshh don't reveal our technology, it's not too dissimilar from a Tardis if you catch my drift 😉

4 hours ago, Killhippie said:

It may have suffered a slight surge when the power came back  on if not on a surge protector or UPS with AVR. Sadly it sounds like its dead. Turning it off for 24 hours would not make a difference as most devices loose power after a few minutes tops unless they have industrial capacitors in them of Fraser knows something I don't about the R1 which is very possible. Ive never seen a router like the XR500 for instance hold power for very long when turned off. Maybe 30 seconds to a minute tops, you can discharge all the power if you had a power switch though by unplugging the device and pressing the power switch to on which will drain the device. I don't think think the R1 has a power switch, you would have to check as I don't have one. Power supplies can die though as they age, so maybe find another of similar spec to try. Good luck.

You would be surprised, I have in the past seen that the router is not accessible/broken and having been unplugged for a long period of time (even longer than 24 hours sometimes months) a user will just try to use it and it will suddenly be working after previously leaving it unplugged for a little while and going back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ssshh don't reveal our technology, it's not too dissimilar from a Tardis if you catch my drift 😉

You would be surprised, I have in the past seen that the router is not accessible/broken and having been unplugged for a long period of time (even longer than 24 hours sometimes months) a user will just try to use it and it will suddenly be working after previously leaving it unplugged for a little while and going back.

Learn something new every day :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I tried to plug it back in today, same issue. I swapped the power adapter for my daughters karaoke machine and it worked! I guess the power cut blew the adapter.

Its working perfectly. 🙂

I'm going to buy a new power adapter, any recommendations? Amazon has 12v ones for cheap, this good enough?

thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Beck said:

So I tried to plug it back in today, same issue. I swapped the power adapter for my daughters karaoke machine and it worked! I guess the power cut blew the adapter.

Its working perfectly. 🙂

I'm going to buy a new power adapter, any recommendations? Amazon has 12v ones for cheap, this good enough?

thanks.

That's great, thanks for the update! 12v is what you need, just double check on the existing adapter for the details - you don't want to get one that under or over powers the unit.

6 hours ago, BERNARDINO DE AGUAS said:

En mi caso enciente y da internet bien y el wifi funciona correctamente , pero no puedo acceder a la interfaz desde la PC , he tratado de reiniciarlo manual pero no veo efecto... alguien me ayude por favor 

No es necesario publicar en varios temas, responderé a su tema.
-
No need to post in multiple topics, I will reply to your topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...