GT9484

netduma R1 bricked -HELP-

I have both xr500 and duma R1. I'm exited about the new 3.0 firmware and the fact it will come to R1... I was trying to incrementally add the firmware to my R1 so it wasn't going to be one big jump when it came... unfortunately when i tried to flash up to R1-v-1-03-6j.sig it has somehow bricked the router. i have ping plotter and i can't see if i get an active IP address. i have tried everything. i have given my pc a static ip within the range of 192.168.88.189 - 255.255.255.0 - 192.168.88.1 and dns 192.168.88.1... but nothing shows apart from my laptop. i have changed cables and use a different computer to try and recover this R1... can anyone help?

Have you cleaned cookies in your browser? I had a similar problem and it turned out that R1 got IP 192.168.1.1, check.

Can you see the Netduma R1 Wifi network? If so connect with her via smartphone and try to log in.

31 minutes ago, Sherman85 said:

Have you cleaned cookies in your browser? I had a similar problem and it turned out that R1 got IP 192.168.1.1, check.

Can you see the Netduma R1 Wifi network? If so connect with her via smartphone and try to log in.

no. nothing is showing... lights and power are working and the port flashes but no active ip 

1 hour ago, GT9484 said:

no. nothing is showing... lights and power are working and the port flashes but no active ip 

Did you try clearing all your cookies and history etc in Chrome or whatever browser you use? Do that and reboot your entire internet browser 

2 minutes ago, SwiftCookie said:

Did you try clearing all your cookies and history etc in Chrome or whatever browser you use? Do that and reboot your entire internet browser 

done that. did ipconfig /release and renew... deleted every cache or cookie available and tried this in 3 browsers 

3 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

done that. did ipconfig /release and renew... deleted every cache or cookie available and tried this in 3 browsers 

Are you on the old R1 firmware or the R1 beta DumaOS firmware? Is your issue that you can't access the GUI for the R1?

Just now, pollutionblues said:

I would suggest trying the reset button on the back of the router, hold it for around 30 seconds. Do you know what FW version you were trying to update from?

Ugh beat me to it haha Reset was my next suggestion

done this... its not responding. i know that it can be recovered by flashing the original mikrotik firmware as they have a recovery tool but i would lose duma...

tried ip range even tried using the netinstal tool mikrotik use but it does not allow ssh or contact of any kind

im not sure Fraser. i just thought load the most resent firmware then when 3.0 came i would be ready... i dont know why this has happened

This is most likely why: 

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/11018-netduma-upgrade-v-1036j-original-firmware/

On 2/8/2016 at 5:48 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you choose to upgrade without contacting us you could completely break your router. You will then need to pay for the router to be returned to our office in the UK and then sent back to your home. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO UPGRADE BY DOING EACH UPGRADE IN SEQUENCE 

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

so thats it...i have a bricked router. i know for a fact this can be de bricked but not back to duma firmware. mikrotik have a netinstal tool... if i recovered the router can i re flash duma on it?

No you can't as it needs to be reflashed by us - if we used a standard flashing technique then people could pirate the software easily. It's an older router using different software, we did make it clear in the post that people needed to contact us first. I realize it is frustrating but there is nothing we can do unless it is sent back.

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No you can't as it needs to be reflashed by us - if we used a standard flashing technique then people could pirate the software easily. It's an older router using different software, we did make it clear in the post that people needed to contact us first. I realize it is frustrating but there is nothing we can do unless it is sent back.

could you remote in? if i revived it and had a firmware on it could you do something like teamviewer then i dont have the master?

27 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We use an actual device to plug directly into the router and flash the firmware that way so I don't think it will be possible. I'll ask the team just to be sure.

so because of a block that has intentionally been put in place to stop people stealing the knowledge of this software i cant get it back... this seems a bit unfair. you used a 3rd party router to flash and develop netduma then locked it down by crippling the router... i thought this was my fault in actual fact this was made like this. 

53 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

so because of a block that has intentionally been put in place to stop people stealing the knowledge of this software i cant get it back... this seems a bit unfair. you used a 3rd party router to flash and develop netduma then locked it down by crippling the router... i thought this was my fault in actual fact this was made like this. 

The post was very clear on what steps to take when upgrading with a disclaimer on what would happen if these weren't followed, if I remember rightly the reason we had to do have people contact us was because of an upgrade change that needed to be made.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The post was very clear on what steps to take when upgrading with a disclaimer on what would happen if these weren't followed, if I remember rightly the reason we had to do have people contact us was because of an upgrade change that needed to be made.

i didn't downgrade, lose power or corrupt a file. i followed the steps on the post and it somehow bricked. i can't tell you for sure what firmware it was but i followed the guide and my firmware was not one of those on your list that would get bricked.  i followed every step... yet somehow its my fault. you have an inbuilt problem that makes the router brick...on purpose. 

so far you have blamed me and given me no possible solutions. before i flash Mikrotik original firmware back on this router board can you confirm that i have no options.