Jump to content
Netduma Luke

ANNOUNCEMENT: DUMAOS 3.0 IS HERE

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Not yet but I've chased them again. 

Since I've owned the XR700 not a single Firmware update has fixed the DHCP issues. This mostly happens on the 2.4Ghz channel, leaving half my devices not being able to acquire an IP. I needed a router with SFP+ 10G port and this is the only model that offered at the time, so I was the sucker that didn't return it when I noticed the issue, not to mention the hours of tinkering before realizing it wasn't going to work outside of the original firmware.
XR700-V1.0.1.2 - Works
XR700-V1.0.1.8 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.10 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.18_beta - No
XR700-V1.0.1.20 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.24_beta - No
XR700-V1.0.1.34 - No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KronosMarauder said:

Since I've owned the XR700 not a single Firmware update has fixed the DHCP issues. This mostly happens on the 2.4Ghz channel, leaving half my devices not being able to acquire an IP. I needed a router with SFP+ 10G port and this is the only model that offered at the time, so I was the sucker that didn't return it when I noticed the issue, not to mention the hours of tinkering before realizing it wasn't going to work outside of the original firmware.
XR700-V1.0.1.2 - Works
XR700-V1.0.1.8 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.10 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.18_beta - No
XR700-V1.0.1.20 - No
XR700-V1.0.1.24_beta - No
XR700-V1.0.1.34 - No

I know, and trust me it is frustrating for me as well considering how long ago I brought it up as an issue. I will get it sorted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RGunlimited said:

Hi @Netduma Fraser  can I please get access to the beta version? I had signed up before since my XR500 is constantly dropping my internet connection but never got an invitation. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

--A

It is in open beta, you can find it here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Anything new on a DHCP fix?

I will be posting a new XR500 build today which supposedly helps with that issue, I don't want to say definitely until users confirm it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I will be posting a new XR500 build today which supposedly helps with that issue, I don't want to say definitely until users confirm it.

Is this fix be put onto the beta for the XR700 or a separate hot fix for the current version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I will be posting a new XR500 build today which supposedly helps with that issue, I don't want to say definitely until users confirm it.

New version of the DumaOS 3.0 you will post? Here or on the Netgear beta forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

Is this fix be put onto the beta for the XR700 or a separate hot fix for the current version?

Both versions should be relatively the same, again it's just what I've heard, I haven't had direct confirmation from NG or users yet so we'll have to see.

1 hour ago, Kostas83 said:

New version of the DumaOS 3.0 you will post? Here or on the Netgear beta forum?

It's their beta so on their forum: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108/m-p/2014594

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Waka4412 said:

Will the XR300 also get DumaOS 3.0? It was probably already answered somewhere. But I couldn't find anything.

Welcome to the forum!

It most certainly will, unfortunately no time frame for it as yet, but it's in the works!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2020 at 2:50 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

It most certainly will, unfortunately no time frame for it as yet, but it's in the works!

Thank You!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The XR500 still doesn't have a final version for DumaOS 3? It's been 7 months since the 1st wave of beta was opened ...

And the beta for the XR700 which has only been available for a few days, the final version will be available in 2022 ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, santa78 said:

The XR500 still doesn't have a final version for DumaOS 3? It's been 7 months since the 1st wave of beta was opened ...

And the beta for the XR700 which has only been available for a few days, the final version will be available in 2022 ....

If there are still issues found in the beta then we will continue to fix them until it is at a state where we think a public release is suitable. If you can't wait until the public release then try the beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SovietBarFight said:

Is there a link where I can go download the XR700 beta? Thanks!

You can find it here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/XR700-DumaOS-3-0-Beta-Firmware/td-p/2019958/jump-to/first-unread-message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...