Vincent

I HAVE Terrible latency on Apex Legend PS4

I would like to say I’m so disappointed with the NetdumaOS company y’all just seriously made customers like me spend about $399.99 For the Nighthawk XR500 it’s having so much issues this Router made all my games so unplayable I have RCN Fiber connection 1GIG package with my ISP they told me everything is perfectly fine with my connection they don’t see any problems at all. But now I’m so upset the GEO filter doesn’t work for Apex legend every time I go back to the lobby kicks me out saying connection error like c’mon y’all need to put effort into what you guys make honestly such a crappy router for gaming.  

82347621-A23C-4A70-8BBA-B7B566AA0D31.jpeg

143EF144-DE2D-4401-9AAA-9A957036AADE.png

60BAA2BE-13E0-442E-AF2A-F2E81D601F72.png

I did everything still experiencing so much issues. Also did DSL reports test on my line graded me 100/100 I know for a fact nothing is wrong with my internet connection. 

If you put the Geo-Filter in Spectating Mode do you see the same issue? I've asked Alex to do a cloud so it may be best to stick with Spectating for the moment, the game allows you to pick your server so it's unlikely to be a hassle. What other issues are you facing?

The biggest issues I have at the moment is latency on all my games especially, on Call of duty & Apex legend I even setup my QoS 70/70 & put the Bufferbloat sliders Always on. 

Im going to follow this cause Im having similar issue on the same games and same console. Different part of the US though. I will pick South Carolina servers cause theyre closest to me with the lowest ping on Apex Legends and usually itll try to connect me to a server elsewhere. Places like Texas, Oregon, even some European servers but usually not South Carolina. My ping on Call of Duty Warzone is usually quite high +90ms I thought that was odd. I have my QOS off because it limits my bandwidth according to the speed test I did on Speedtest.net. These are my Geofilter settings and still consistently cannot log into to Apex. Itll take around 10-15 minutes of trying to log in. I may get to play a game or two and then itll give me an error code and Ill have to log back in. 

Annotation 2020-05-27 142502.jpg

6 minutes ago, noz79 said:

Im going to follow this cause Im having similar issue on the same games and same console. Different part of the US though. I will pick South Carolina servers cause theyre closest to me with the lowest ping on Apex Legends and usually itll try to connect me to a server elsewhere. Places like Texas, Oregon, even some European servers but usually not South Carolina. My ping on Call of Duty Warzone is usually quite high +90ms I thought that was odd. I have my QOS off because it limits my bandwidth according to the speed test I did on Speedtest.net. These are my Geofilter settings and still consistently cannot log into to Apex. Itll take around 10-15 minutes of trying to log in. I may get to play a game or two and then itll give me an error code and Ill have to log back in. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As I mentioned above we'll do another cloud for Apex but right now you can use Spectating Mode and as you can pick the server in game then you should get a decent ping. I would advise you use QoS as it will eliminate any local congestion, that is normal behavior for it to throttle the speed but you won't notice a difference when actually using the internet.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As I mentioned above we'll do another cloud for Apex but right now you can use Spectating Mode and as you can pick the server in game then you should get a decent ping. I would advise you use QoS as it will eliminate any local congestion, that is normal behavior for it to throttle the speed but you won't notice a difference when actually using the internet.

Thank you.

I am trying Spectating mode right now. I did pick a server close to me, the ping number on it is low but can't get past the title screen. That was with auto-ping off. I never could get past the title screen. With auto-ping on it connects me to a server in Virginia even though before starting a game I always choose to play on one from South Carolina. After the game is over and Im reviewing my stats itll connect to a server near London. As far as in game experience not as fun as it should be. Some days are better than others but theres really no consistency. 356148064_Annotation2020-05-27151713.thumb.jpg.91044ba5b0c4989c7f377a15366f973f.jpg394346066_Annotation2020-05-27145831.thumb.jpg.6c8c61fe29a2c256cc9c002bdeda28d0.jpg

Sorry but again connecting me to servers outside of my geofilter settings

Annotation 2020-05-27 153315.jpg

The server in London is a whitelisted authentication server, it is required for online play and is not the game server. With spectating mode you will get a game outside your radius, as I mentioned we'll fix the issues so leaving it like that should allow you to connect properly. Ping the servers because they are probably mislocated and therefore have a lower ping than you would expect.

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The server in London is a whitelisted authentication server, it is required for online play and is not the game server. With spectating mode you will get a game outside your radius, as I mentioned we'll fix the issues so leaving it like that should allow you to connect properly. Ping the servers because they are probably mislocated and therefore have a lower ping than you would expect.

When I ping servers on Apex Legends it doesn't connect. Im just there trying to login for a good 20 minutes then I give up.

On Call of Duty it seems to work well so far

This is in Spectating Mode? If that's selected then it won't be restricting the connection at all. The server you posted above, was that a game server? If you ping that what do you get?

Unfortunately, back to waiting 20 minutes to get on Apex Legends in spectating mode.

I don't think Geo Filter works with Apex Legends period. I've been having an issue that has been reported multiple times within the community. constantly being kicked out of the lobby when my my geo filter is turned on. I either get sent back to the lobby when returning back from a match or right before a new match. once in a while it will connect to a local server and the game will be freaking awesome. even with all the cloud updates, I still get kicked out because it tries to connect to people in texas which is outside my radius. i am based in California. if i allow the servers from texas to connect then the following match a new one will appear. at one point i was up to more then 20 that i had approve. 

picture.jpg

We will fix that with a cloud, if you're selecting the server in the game then it should be putting you there so don't know why it wouldn't be. I can't think why searching would take so long, are you located in the US?

7 hours ago, joel82 said:

I don't think Geo Filter works with Apex Legends period. I've been having an issue that has been reported multiple times within the community. constantly being kicked out of the lobby when my my geo filter is turned on. I either get sent back to the lobby when returning back from a match or right before a new match. once in a while it will connect to a local server and the game will be freaking awesome. even with all the cloud updates, I still get kicked out because it tries to connect to people in texas which is outside my radius. i am based in California. if i allow the servers from texas to connect then the following match a new one will appear. at one point i was up to more then 20 that i had approve. 

picture.jpg

Every time. I always select a server in North Carolina cause I'm in Florida and it wont connect. It'll connect to either Dallas or Virginia 95% of the time. The one time you do get into the server near you the game feels great. Then its back to getting kicked. I noticed that if you get a picture that shows up after you try to start the game it'll work. No pic and you get kicked. Plus Im always getting a code 100 for about 20 minutes before I get on. Some days are better than others but on average about 20 minutes.

Okay thanks for the information, I don't think there is anything else we can do here except push for a cloud update so I'll ask Alex for that. Spectating Mode though you shouldn't have any issues there, as a test though remove the device completely from the Geo-Filter and see if it improves a bit there.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:44 AM, joel82 said:

picture.jpg

I wouldn't doubt the Netduma Team would have a few features specifically for these cases in the coming future. Unfortunately, right now, with how the skill based matchmaking is strong and placing players on to future servers to match their skill-set with similar players. Trust and believe, I KNOW EXACTLY what you mean regarding connecting to local server.  I am from California as well, and I have only connected to a "California" server maybe 5 or 9 times stretching it. But in each of those games, I was UNTOUCHABLE. Which can be thrown into a conspiracy theory on not having players place "strictly" on local servers due to very reason. But it's just a wacky theory, and leaning more towards sbmm and revenue.  One thing is certain, DumaOS 3.0 per app bandwidth allocation is going to quite nice with geo-fencing. Best thing I can say right now is try playing on different server if you're experiencing massive amounts of latency issues. Sometimes a server cluster can be faulty during certain hours and you can hop on another server say 20ms higher than your normal latency and should be fine.

Does deleting the device from the Geo increase the speed at which you get games - it shouldn't make a difference as spectating shouldn't be filtering anyway but is worth a try.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does deleting the device from the Geo increase the speed at which you get games - it shouldn't make a difference as spectating shouldn't be filtering anyway but is worth a try.

For me sometimes it does. Ill try to login and in three tries Ill get in. Other days it'll be 20 minutes sometimes more and there have been times that just a router reset will help which is what I usually do first anyway. 

21 hours ago, noz79 said:

For me sometimes it does. Ill try to login and in three tries Ill get in. Other days it'll be 20 minutes sometimes more and there have been times that just a router reset will help which is what I usually do first anyway. 

I think there is another issue affecting you because if it was purely the Geo-Filter then it would be fine every single time. We haven't discussed it but what exactly is your physical setup?