I have my RX500 connected directly to to the Ethernet coming from my isp, it is the single access point. I have no modem's or switches on my network, can someone tell me why there is a wan listed with a modem connected to it.  

Screenshot (17)_LI.jpg

Does this have anything to do with the fact I am NAT 2. I thought that If my setup was ISP-RX500-PS4, the PS4 would be NAT 1?

Not sure, I’m on Nat 2. 

Nat 1 would be straight open to internet with no protection with no router. 

NAT 2 on PS4 simply means you are going through a router. If its NAT 3 then this means you are having issues. NAT 1 means direct to modem. 

49 minutes ago, DanologyUK said:

NAT 2 on PS4 simply means you are going through a router. If its NAT 3 then this means you are having issues. NAT 1 means direct to modem. 

This but I also think it depends on your ISP. If your ISP issues private IP's (carrier grade NAT) then you might have NAT-2 on the PS4 even if you connect it straight to internet.

NAT type 2 is nothing to worry about in any case.

5 hours ago, Bert said:

This but I also think it depends on your ISP. If your ISP issues private IP's (carrier grade NAT) then you might have NAT-2 on the PS4 even if you connect it straight to internet.

NAT type 2 is nothing to worry about in any case.

Ok that is good to know. I just don’t want anything to slow down the connection. 

It will not slow your connection, just means you are not open to all on the internet ie behind a firewall for protection. 

As others have said the WAN/Modem part of the Device Manager is just a static depiction that you're connected to something else in order to get internet. NAT Type 2 means you're behind a router but is still an open NAT.