Nuyorrican

Destiny 2 now using Steam Network Sockets

The whole geo/ping filters are never going to work reliably again. The only ip address that can be checked is the steam relay servers. So when you try to use these filters you are checking the ping to that and not actual players.

Someone could be vpning to the country you are in and being relayed through the same servers as you which will show good ping. The persons connection could have 800ms latency to the relay server and then only 60 from the relay server to you. So the filter will see 60 and say oh that's good. Then you load into the game and the person is lagging all over the place. 

Geo filter is a no go as well for the same reason. You are getting the location of the steam server not the player. Depending on how the relay server work you might have someone in Australia connecting to a steam relay server that then connects to a relay server in America which then connects to you. You aren't going to see that any of its from Australia you will just see the American relay server. 

They can keep suggesting firmwares and updates all they want but nothing they do to these routers is going to fix it. 

As for the people looking to cheat with win trading these routers will also be useless for that. 

It depends on if Destiny and Steam care what server you get directed to. For me it seems with filtering on, strict on, ping off and fast search off. It blocks all servers outside of my filter from my lobby.

I'm going to have to test over a longer period of time but it seems like my games are better overall. If Steam/Destiny just adds you to whatever server is available so you can join as fast as possible then I think filtering is an improvement.

You can't stop VPNs but the majority of people don't VPN into another country for gaming as that's stupid.

Why would you want a higher ping intentionally. I could see some people needing to if their server is bad but other than that why would you?

On 3/26/2021 at 6:34 AM, Wynd said:

@Netduma Fraser You keep asking these people for the same information over and over when we both know its irrelevant if you can't get the other peoples ip addresses to do any sort of filtering with.  Filtering by geo location is not going to be a thing anymore.  I know for a fact most people bought netduma routers to do win trading and not so much to avoid laggers.  So i will be frank with you about it.  You can help be part of the solution on this in a different way than repeatedly asking questions about the filtering that will never work again.

What you can do is help to solve the problem by helping them do it in a different way.  What i mean by this is you can still tell who you are queing into because the steam relay services packets include the peoples steamids.  So what you need to do is come up with a way to not allow people to connect to you that arent the steamid you set to be allowed.  This will allow people to get back to what they were doing prior to this mess.

This is 100% possible, there is a guy on a cheating website selling these services and hes able to directly que into his other account repeatedly and get the job done.  If some random guy on a cheating site is pulling it off surely you guys can manage a solution. I have confirmed he is able to do this btw it's not me assuming he can.

I will say this to further motivate you as well.  Right now this problem is only effecting PC players.  They account for not even 1/5th of the player base.  They announced all the consoles are getting this same steamrelay feature soon.  When that occurs you can expect a bunch of pissed off players flipping out on here wanting refunds if there isn't a solution.

Whether or not it's true that win trading or whatever other exploits were a big motivator in past and future purchases of this router is irrelevant and framing the question like this is only damaging to whatever hope was left for Geo-Filter functionality to return. 

Personally I bought a NetDuma router after I saw a sponsored video from a Destiny 1 content creator (TripleWRECK) showing how much of a positive effect the Geo-Filter had on connection quality in his PVP matches, and that's all I want now. The ability to set my location and have my PVP matches filled only with people close enough to me to ensure reliable connections.

If win trading was the goal here, you are aware that there's a pretty simple powershell script that blocks all matchmaking except for steamid's that you specify? I've seen multiple threads about it since maybe a month after SDR went live on PC. 

24 minutes ago, lunafaction said:

If win trading was the goal here, you are aware that there's a pretty simple powershell script that blocks all matchmaking except for steamid's that you specify? I've seen multiple threads about it since maybe a month after SDR went live on PC. 

Would love to have a read about that mind sending me a link or whatever?

6 hours ago, lunafaction said:

Also would like to read up on this if you find the the link.

12 hours ago, lunafaction said:

Whether or not it's true that win trading or whatever other exploits were a big motivator in past and future purchases of this router is irrelevant and framing the question like this is only damaging to whatever hope was left for Geo-Filter functionality to return. 

Personally I bought a NetDuma router after I saw a sponsored video from a Destiny 1 content creator (TripleWRECK) showing how much of a positive effect the Geo-Filter had on connection quality in his PVP matches, and that's all I want now. The ability to set my location and have my PVP matches filled only with people close enough to me to ensure reliable connections.

I haven't seen a script that does that. I've seen the ones that add rules to the firewall and allow solo play though. I would love to see this script though. 

6 hours ago, Moe69 said:

that blocks the whole matchmaking.

Yeah... I have something that auto does this for solo matchmaking. Back in the day I had the best stuff for things but they don't work anymore.

Ok guardians... Just signed up... Im so clear with all the community. Netgear/Support/Seo/Ceo/ who ever - need to adress/change that. It can´t be a thing, that cheaters/programmers from silly website using the router thousand of levels higher then the company wich sells it.

Since the geofilter option is not working on pc, the question is - why would you even buy the XR500 for d2? Portforwarding is a thing every router can do.

Why does UpNp dont work with d2?

Wich setup to run for d2?

Hybrid vpn to host/server - normal connection p2p no vpn? Is a combination worth it?

Wich ports are really needed for d2? wich should be open ore closed - the game is using so many different ports meanwhile...

If the companie is not able to handle such easy things - it is OK to say, we dont have that cracked people here on our side, we just can do, what we can do. It is also OK guys but do atleast something. Do gamepacks for port forwarding, ping reduction what the hell i know.

But if u cant offer a product wich is basecally not working since years its litterly time to change something. 

Someone was talking about ping assist? what? how? in d2? 

adding:

ore you can give us free qos settings, just update the list - sniff for pc wich ports is destiny 2 using and give us something.... there are so many easy steps for YOU guys, you could give us honey for our mouth... but nothing is coming..

how long would it take? to update the QoS section for actual games? Lets see destiny 2, they post all there ports wich they are using on their site. so copy and paste them, first data. play some crucible games, different modes. ask people who play d2 for a database if they have one? 

Add new QoS rule for Destiny 2. GG

What do you mean by QOS settings? Port forwarding is easy to do. 

With the Steam Porting thing. Does all of the Individual game data from each player come from 1 source from Steam? Or are there individual streams of data? If it's 1 source/stream of data for all players then we should be bugging Bungie or Steam. Does anyone know?

Steam datagram relay system. Anti ddos and ip protection service from Steam 

Added to Xbox consoles in todays Destiny 2 patch, so now the dumaos is pointless for Xbox owners now too and still nothing about any work being done to give us some kind of functionality back!

Oh well 

On 4/1/2021 at 1:31 PM, Saint-14 said:

Steam datagram relay system. Anti ddos and ip protection service from Steam 

Added to Xbox consoles in todays Destiny 2 patch, so now the dumaos is pointless for Xbox owners now too and still nothing about any work being done to give us some kind of functionality back!

Oh well 

I think some people got it to works, I just don't know how. Odd thing is I know the guy running it is doing it for ghost lobbies on xbox so I wonder what is happening that some cheater can somehow circumvent this but we can't.

Hi guys, just signed up, XR500 owner.

I want to report that I tried geofiltering destiny on some Xbox (Series X and One X), with no luck, and on one PS4 where it still works. So I guess that the people selling the ghost lobbies out there are just using cross saving to do the trick on a PlayStation.

36 minutes ago, Asdferz said:

Hi guys, just signed up, XR500 owner.

I want to report that I tried geofiltering destiny on some Xbox (Series X and One X), with no luck, and on one PS4 where it still works. So I guess that the people selling the ghost lobbies out there are just using cross saving to do the trick on a PlayStation.

It's game over for the white elephant.

2 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

I can confirm win trading via this router still works on D2 for xbox. If you have only been using the Geofilter then you have been doing incorrectly. I've just watched my brother doing it in person. 

Well show us what your talking about?talk is cheap...

3 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

In what format would you like it? 

well what to use other than use geofiler.

I was sure that it was vpn what do you me a custom vpn?what other than the hybrid vpn?

1 minute ago, Shoulin said:

I dont know what you mean, sorry.

are you running two vpn?

or just connecting through a vpn?as geo filter i not help apart from changing your region you could do that with any router and a vpn on a pc

Yes, You need to change you custom settings. It can be done via DumasOS in the Hybrid VPN. Best results are with extra vpn.