Nuyorrican

Destiny 2 now using Steam Network Sockets

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the info, I've passed it on to the team.

I'm getting some feedback about it at the moment and trying to get a full picture before I let people know as it's just preliminary.

Would it be helpful to have a list of servers to block? I've started blocking them all manually but it is time consuming. Seems to be blocking them though.

10 hours ago, ONEovFOUR said:

They do no condone boosting also this can easily been seen by any body at bungie.they cant fix this use your brain a bit dude.

Let's keep the petty insults out of the discussion please. It doesn't matter if "they don't condone boosting"; they've seen what we have talked about and said that they didn't intend people to use their tech in this way, but that they would look into it. We aren't breaking laws here...It's not illegal. As for Bungie, they said a while back that they know about ghost lobbies but that it doesn't go against their ToS so far as people aren't hurting other peoples gameplay (like the Ddos chumps). 

So yeah, this is the best place for this discussion.

🤣 good luck to you dude if i can still be a child at my age im happy thank you.

Seriously though they are trying hard over there take a look and here to dude.

7 hours ago, hungry110 said:

Would it be helpful to have a list of servers to block? I've started blocking them all manually but it is time consuming. Seems to be blocking them though.

I'm looking to have low pings in my Destiny PVP games.. Is that what you are doing by blocking the servers? Or are you trying to do other things?

I was using Netlimiter 4 today, I get a huge list of Ips when in a control game. I think they are the steam servers form around the world even though I have a geo filter on for a small region and 1 server in Oklahoma.

On 4/5/2021 at 11:37 PM, lmjones1uk said:

Do you need 2x different IPs one for each laptop? If so this can be done using VPNs. What technique were you wanting to try?

It still kinda works but not as it once did. All would would work without a VPN. The problem is Steam hides our IP's with the websockets and now I can't see when I match my team and make the ghost lobby.

17 hours ago, Saint-14 said:

Remember guys we have a discord running with lots of people working on this, if you would like an invitation to come join just send me a personal message (quickest way) or ask in this thread and when I see it I will send an invite to your inbox.

hey bro can you send me discord link please thanks

8 hours ago, lmjones1uk said:

I've found a work around.

And, how do you do?... Its in xbox?. 

8 hours ago, lmjones1uk said:

I've found a work around.

*finger guns* my man

32 minutes ago, nazgul24 said:

And, how do you do?... Its in xbox?. 

Worked in elimination which is the closest thing to trials and will be trying it properly tonight in trials. If you are part of the discord group then it's all there in the testing channel. I'm not going to share anything on here as its public domain and you never know who is reading this *cough* bungie *cough*

Yes xbox. But can't see why it wouldn't work with psn or steam.

35 minutes ago, lmjones1uk said:

Worked in elimination which is the closest thing to trials and will be trying it properly tonight in trials. If you are part of the discord group then it's all there in the testing channel. I'm not going to share anything on here as its public domain and you never know who is reading this *cough* bungie *cough*

Can you invite me to the discord please? 

1 hour ago, lmjones1uk said:

If it works in elimination and pair with other player, must work. I want to know more details. Can you send me and invitation to that discord channel?. I´ve never used it but i can register if its needed.

31 minutes ago, nazgul24 said:

If it works in elimination and pair with other player, must work. I want to know more details. Can you send me and invitation to that discord channel?. I´ve never used it but i can register if its needed.

Hi

Saint 14 manages the discord invites, I'm at work tied up atm. He's on this thread about a page back.

Rgds.

On 4/6/2021 at 4:42 AM, Saint-14 said:

If anyone wants to join my private discord to discuss this further DM me for an invite

I sent you a DM about the Discord server

First time on this forum. Wanted to see if anyone had any luck with the various workarounds today. Please let me know.  Thank you all!

On 6/4/2021 at 10:42, Saint-14 said:

Se qualcuno vuole unirsi alla mia discordia privata per discutere di questo ulteriore DM me per un invito

Puoi invitarmi al discord per favore?