Jump to content
Nuyorrican

Destiny 2 now using Steam Network Sockets

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Saint-14 said:

 

 

The proof is indeed in the pudding, and I have yet to see any pudding 🤣

Shoulin come join the discord bud 

This forum is not the place for this.

They are very kind a decent people trying to help discord is the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Saint-14 said:

If anyone wants to join my private discord to discuss this further DM me for an invite

Can I get an invite? I have tried a couple methods including using a vpn and my mac as a wifi hub and two Xboxs and that only resulted in searching on both sides. This does work for rumble though which is odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saint-14 said:

No need for all the hostility we all have the same goal work together and if there is a way we will find it together F the haters

I have opened my discord server to discuss all this further dm me if anyone wants an invite

dm please :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Saint-14 said:

 

 

The proof is indeed in the pudding, and I have yet to see any pudding 🤣

Shoulin come join the discord bud 

I would like to join please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well as requested I pm'ed Shoulin for a link to his video. With no response. Id like an invite to the discord t continue to discuss this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ONEovFOUR said:

This forum is not the place for this.

They are very kind a decent people trying to help discord is the place.

This is the exact place for this discussion as we are using their tech. As well, they have said they are looking into the issue and will offer any help they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are just rude af, the guy said “shoulin” will give a video to help people and gave a video of him able to match his other Xbox/ps/pc and people sit here moaning! Stuff takes time and everyone seems like they’re dying cuz they don’t know how to do it! To me that’s enough proof but can’t ever please anyone by the looks of it! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Netduma Fraser good morning.

May I ask how your testing is progressing re: Destiny 2 and geo filtering on Xbox since Thursdays implementation of relay servers? 

A few of us are trying to work through this. We tested that the geo filter even placed directly over a relay server that isn't closest will always relay us back to the the relay server that is closest to my location. The only difference is when we physically block the IP of the relay server we don't want to connect to, this allows us to load into strikes and tower on our own, for a while.   

So I don't think the geofilter is blocking the relay servers IPs (if that's how it works) and NetDumaOS doesn't actually give any net benefit to not using it. 

Hope this makes sense :)

Jones.

 

Edit: also hybrid VPN doesn't work with relay servers, it knows our locations and match makes us with people from our region even though we are passing througha AUS server (for example). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ktaylor2 said:

Bene, come richiesto, ho inviato a Shoulin un link al suo video. Senza risposta. Sarei un invito alla discordia per continuare a discuterne.

Potresti mandare anche a me il video ed il link per favore? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Qualcuno ha trovato una soluzione su xbox? Avete link o video guida? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Old Man Spetz said:

This is the exact place for this discussion as we are using their tech. As well, they have said they are looking into the issue and will offer any help they can.

They do no condone boosting also this can easily been seen by any body at bungie.they cant fix this use your brain a bit dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vSpeed said:

Qualcuno ha trovato una soluzione su xbox? Avete link o video guida? 

English chat only please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they say they are looking into it for damage control, netduma hasn't worked on PC Destiny for a year, no changes, I can't say I blame them, confirming it's a paper weight for Destiny 2 will prevent a lot of sales. Currently Geo filter doesn't work not even for servers, hybrid VPN doesn't work, for Destiny 2, those of us who test this constantly know it's just a good wifi router now with an annoying buggy Qos, my God I hate how buggy Qos is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chopman said:

I think they say they are looking into it for damage control, netduma hasn't worked on PC Destiny for a year, no changes, I can't say I blame them, confirming it's a paper weight for Destiny 2 will prevent a lot of sales. Currently Geo filter doesn't work not even for servers, hybrid VPN doesn't work, for Destiny 2, those of us who test this constantly know it's just a good wifi router now with an annoying buggy Qos, my God I hate how buggy Qos is.

not here to argue cant be bothered like feel your points.

What problem did you have with the vpn?destiny aside.

For me my connection to Destiny for pvp has never been better ok i cant use geo filter but thats down to the ddos scrubs in the game lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saint-14 said:

Chat in inglese solo per favore

Has anyone found a solution? If you put a link or a video guide thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember guys we have a discord running with lots of people working on this, if you would like an invitation to come join just send me a personal message (quickest way) or ask in this thread and when I see it I will send an invite to your inbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong its a good router, but it's software features are poor and getting worse for some games, I get better results with the software when its factory config. The hybrid VPN at least on my x500 makes me constantly reset my router before it will work with any of my devices, I expect more plug and play, using it's features becomes a chore with constant resets to get things working properly or going backwards on updates. With all that said I do like it, I guess my frustration comes from poor software updates and software function. Qos being one with it constantly copying my devices and not doing what I ask it to while also lowering my speeds against my will even when turned off, A problem I do not have with my older router.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chopman said:

Don't get me wrong its a good router, but it's software features are poor and getting worse for some games, I get better results with the software when its factory config. The hybrid VPN at least on my x500 makes me constantly reset my router before it will work with any of my devices, I expect more plug and play, using it's features becomes a chore with constant resets to get things working properly or going backwards on updates. With all that said I do like it, I guess my frustration comes from poor software updates and software function. Qos being one with it constantly copying my devices and not doing what I ask it to while also lowering my speeds against my will even when turned off, A problem I do not have with my older router.

I understand now we are on different routers im on the R2 i did have some difficulty's setting up my vpn but after than it was fine.

I know nothing of the x500 but i be leave that the issues with the R2 are mainly because its a new ish product but i am a big fan of NETDUMA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ONEovFOUR said:

I understand now we are on different routers im on the R2 i did have some difficulty's setting up my vpn but after than it was fine.

I know nothing of the x500 but i be leave that the issues with the R2 are mainly because its a new ish product but i am a big fan of NETDUMA.

I used to be, l loved how it used to work, maybe I am not longer supported? Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hybrid 

2 hours ago, ONEovFOUR said:

not here to argue cant be bothered like feel your points.

What problem did you have with the vpn?destiny aside.

For me my connection to Destiny for pvp has never been better ok i cant use geo filter but thats down to the ddos scrubs in the game lol

Hybrid VPN works in that it route you through a server of your choice, however the steam relay servers recognise that you are from a different region and will match you against people from that region. You can test it if you like, set up a hybrid vpn in egypt and you will be matched with people in europe (i even messaged people after the game to ask their location). SO basically the relay severs make the hybrid vpn function redundant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lmjones1uk said:

@Netduma Fraser good morning.

May I ask how your testing is progressing re: Destiny 2 and geo filtering on Xbox since Thursdays implementation of relay servers? 

A few of us are trying to work through this. We tested that the geo filter even placed directly over a relay server that isn't closest will always relay us back to the the relay server that is closest to my location. The only difference is when we physically block the IP of the relay server we don't want to connect to, this allows us to load into strikes and tower on our own, for a while.   

So I don't think the geofilter is blocking the relay servers IPs (if that's how it works) and NetDumaOS doesn't actually give any net benefit to not using it. 

Hope this makes sense :)

Jones.

 

Edit: also hybrid VPN doesn't work with relay servers, it knows our locations and match makes us with people from our region even though we are passing througha AUS server (for example). 

Thanks for the info, I've passed it on to the team.

I'm getting some feedback about it at the moment and trying to get a full picture before I let people know as it's just preliminary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lmjones1uk said:

Hybrid 

Hybrid VPN works in that it route you through a server of your choice, however the steam relay servers recognise that you are from a different region and will match you against people from that region. You can test it if you like, set up a hybrid vpn in egypt and you will be matched with people in europe (i even messaged people after the game to ask their location). SO basically the relay severs make the hybrid vpn function redundant.

Sorry dude you miss understand im more than aware whats happening with Destiny i thought the op was having setup issues of a different kind.

i thank you for the reply though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...