Nuyorrican

Destiny 2 now using Steam Network Sockets

1 minute ago, Old Man Spetz said:

I was actually talking about having 2 connections and 2 routers, white listing each other.

That's the main problem now, you can't tell who is who to white list since all connections come up as the steam relay server. 

3 minutes ago, Old Man Spetz said:

I was actually talking about having 2 connections and 2 routers, white listing each other.

Matchmaking process flow

The usual model for getting groups together to play is as follows:

1. User selects in the game that they want to play multiplayer, and what kind of multiplayer they want (rules, scenario, etc.)
  2. The game searches for lobbies that have a similar same set of rules, using the lobby search API.
  3. If a lobby is found, then the game joins that lobby; if no lobby is found, then it creates a new lobby
  4. Users stay in a lobby until there are enough players ready to launch the game. Data is communicated between the lobby members about which character they want to play, or other per-user settings. If there are some rules that need to be enforced in the lobby (for example, only one user can play as a certain character), there is one and only one lobby owner who you can use to arbitrate that.
  5. There may or may not be a user interface associated with the lobby; if there is, the lobby data communications functions can be used to send chat messages between lobby members. Voice data can also be sent, but needs to be sent using the Steam Networking API.
  6. Once the game is ready to launch, the users all join the game server, or connect to the user nominated to host the game, and then leave the lobby. Once all users have left a lobby, it is automatically destroyed.

Searching for lobbies

To have your game search for a lobby, you need to call: ISteamMatchmaking::RequestLobbyList
This function is asynchronous, returning a SteamAPICall_t handle which you can use to track the state of the request. Depending on the users connection to the Steam back-end, this call can take from 300ms to 5 seconds to complete, and has a timeout of 20 seconds.
The number of results returned is in the LobbyMatchList_t call result, which you can then use ISteamMatchmaking::GetLobbyByIndex to iterate over them all and get their IDs.
Up to 50 results may be returned, but usually it's no more than a couple. The results are returned ordered by geographical distance and based on any near filters set. By default, we will not return lobbies that are already full, and the distance filter is set to k_ELobbyDistanceFilterDefault (nearby). To add filters, before you call RequestLobbyList you need to call one or more of the filtering functions:

Creating a lobby

If you can't find an existing lobby for a user to join, this is when you'd typically create a lobby. Just call
ISteamMatchmaking::CreateLobby and wait for it to complete. The call result indicates whether or not it succeeded, and if it did, it will return the steamID of the lobby in a LobbyCreated_t struct, which can be used to set metadata on the lobby. The first thing you'll want to do after you create a lobby is set a data on the lobby, that other game clients can use to search for it (see below).

Joining a lobby

If you've found a good lobby, either from a search or from a friend, you can use ISteamMatchmaking::JoinLobby and wait for the LobbyEnter_t call result. Once in the lobby, you'll want to use the lobby data API to get details about the lobby to work out what to display (if there is any display).

When a user joins or leaves a lobby, a LobbyChatUpdate_t callback is posted to all members of that lobby, including the owner.

To iterate which users are currently in a lobby, use:

To get more information about another user in the lobby, you'll need to use the friends API, see Friends, invites, and lobbies for more information.

FYI

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/multiplayer/matchmaking

1 minute ago, Wynd said:

That's the main problem now, you can't tell who is who to white list since all connections come up as the steam relay server. 

That's why I was asking about the program to reveal the traffic.

It's been ages since I knew what I was doing with networking and such so these are all just brainstorming.

so the bridge connection you are talking about is as follows. grab a laptop, use an online guide for connection your two main xboxes to it. setup the laptop as a wifi hub. set a vpn on the laptop to anywhere alone. connect and try to match make. test out the settings and report back. its currently something im working on. talked to a few friends that are boosters and theey seem to be having good luck with it. this is somewhat the method the other guy was using too before he jumped out of here. 

1 minute ago, fromtheinner said:

so the bridge connection you are talking about is as follows. grab a laptop, use an online guide for connection your two main xboxes to it. setup the laptop as a wifi hub. set a vpn on the laptop to anywhere alone. connect and try to match make. test out the settings and report back. its currently something im working on. talked to a few friends that are boosters and theey seem to be having good luck with it. this is somewhat the method the other guy was using too before he jumped out of here. 

So I wasn't just spouting insanity? Still got it!!! lol Alright, well, my brain hurts so I am going to go play Outriders. Once I get my router I'll start playing with it and see if I can do what you just said.

What is we leverage this to manually deny all servers but the one we want to use?

image.png.48a45f55ea9778e617a1bbd244ea8c5e.png

1 minute ago, dmg04 said:

What is we leverage this to manually deny all servers but the one we want to use?

image.png.48a45f55ea9778e617a1bbd244ea8c5e.png

Knowing what all locations steam has these relay servers at would be useful. Blocking them could certainly help but would still be reliant on no one else in that area playing the game. 

So I went and blocked all servers I could find (found 3) with the exception of the one closest to my VPN location image.png.763d70acf3ce3e616dd5b301a9ba8579.png

I loaded into the Tower and behold, its me and me:

image.png.47fcdc735c912626462121cb4f4aaa70.png

image.thumb.png.4210ccbb49bd6f809f84e950554993cf.png

6 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

So I went and blocked all servers I could find (found 3) with the exception of the one closest to my VPN location image.png.763d70acf3ce3e616dd5b301a9ba8579.png

you may be onto something. where do you even see the servers? some are xbox live features like party chat.

6 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

So I guess it worked, niceeee

9 minutes ago, dmg04 said:

Very nice could you send me the ips you blocked? Going to test it on pc. I don't have the router yet and am going to test with the firewall blocking it is why im asking :)

5 minutes ago, fromtheinner said:

you may be onto something. where do you even see the servers? some are xbox live features like party chat.

geofilter map, for what is worth I am also in a party chat with some friends.

1 minute ago, dmg04 said:

geofilter map, for what is worth I am also in a party chat with some friends.

what do they look like? im having issues seeing them

6 minutes ago, Wynd said:

Very nice could you send me the ips you blocked? Going to test it on pc. I don't have the router yet and am going to test with the firewall blocking it is why im asking :)

I will as soon as I am done testing this, my IU is all laggy for some reason.

1 minute ago, fromtheinner said:

what do they look like? im having issues seeing them

image.png.21e9a057f71b1e4db64312f99b78b602.png

The rectangles on the map

Some useful reminders for those testing configs:

Spectating Mode: Does not restrict servers in any way, you will connect to whatever server the game wants you to. You can see servers/peers on the map and ping them.

Filtering Mode: Restricts games based on your settings.

Strict Mode enabled: Restricts both servers and peers to within your radius

Strict Mode disabled: Restricts peers to within your radius but allows servers outside the radius

By default Strict Mode is on to provide the most restrictive filtering.

1 hour ago, dmg04 said:

I will as soon as I am done testing this, my IU is all laggy for some reason.

image.png.21e9a057f71b1e4db64312f99b78b602.png

The rectangles on the map

i am seeing a ton of ip addresses that belong to valve on wireshark while simply going to the tower.

11 hours ago, razielleonhart said:

Back in the day I did not need a router like this to do things like this in D2. I came up with many tricks that were used until D2 started using Steam Web Sockets on the PC. And now I wanted to help my friend get the sparrow so I came back to the game only to find out that my ways are dead. I know how to make ghost lobbies without scrips if I could track my IP my second laptop but it's hidden now inside of D2.

Do you need 2x different IPs one for each laptop? If so this can be done using VPNs. What technique were you wanting to try?

6 hours ago, fromtheinner said:

again, i can do that too. i have a website + vendors. im one of the big guys thats been doing it for years. my setup is 10k +.. no flex im just saying, im not one of the radnoms looking for solo lobbies. i have 250 repeat customers counting on me to find another way. so far only swapping to ps4 or a few settings using vpns + port blocking has worked. but the vpn stuff isnt automatically blocking literally every other connection like i used to have it so i have to manually watch it. 

Woah that's pretty impressive. I'm one of the 'rando's' who has 5 other buddies who like to drink beer and do lobbies on a Friday! Best of luck mate hope we all work out a solution.

On 5/4/2021 at 01:18, Shoulin said:

Posso confermare che il trading di vittorie tramite questo router funziona ancora su D2 per xbox. Se hai utilizzato solo Geofilter, lo stai facendo in modo errato. Ho appena visto mio fratello farlo di persona. 

Come ha fatto? 

1 hour ago, flwlsscrries said:

So how do I add my own XBOXs to my whitelist? I have 6

Are you TritanHD's American long lost brother from another mother by anychance?

So a bit of my background, I've been using geofilter for the last two years and had cards down to 20 mins. Ran around 100/150 cards for people over a weekend. This was a nice little sideline and I've been trying to work out a new way of doing it. I'm close, but am hitting a stumbling block. I'm happy to offer limited help those that are themselves helpful. But for obvious reasons I'm not about to put out a how to guide, sorry.

My current stumbling block, and I think the last thing I need to solve. Is that it stays as searching for around two minutes before moving to evaluating. In that time it doesn't match anyone. I have managed to get two consoles into rumble. But that's after the long wait in searching.

Anyone else come across this issue of spending ages on searching?

27 minutes ago, Saint-14 said:

Are you TritanHD's American long lost brother from another mother by anychance?

What happened to his discord?