Jump to content
GHOST-1-EC

Gaming Hardware and Settings - Controllers, Headsets, Monitors, Router/s

Recommended Posts

@Trayday did u manage to separate the chat and game audio with SB G6 because on mine it would go higher and lower simultaneously.

That's why I stopped using it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mobel said:

@Trayday did u manage to separate the chat and game audio with SB G6 because on mine it would go higher and lower simultaneously.

That's why I stopped using it.

Oh! Okay, I know what you're talking about. Unfortunately, I haven't tried it out. But I do recall chat and in-game audio mesh together. But I will say that if I'm in a party and only want to focus on my chat(while in ps4 party chat). I would change it from 'All Audio" to "Chat". But I do have a splitter, and if I wanted to really separate the audio from the chat. I'll use that. As I was using this method with my "xbox mixamp" to use on my ps4. Since I had it as a gift from someone and just used the splitter method to work with PS4 Chat and Audio perfectly fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Console : PS4 Pro and Xbox One X both with a Samsung T5 external 500Gb SSD

Controller : Xbox Elite controller (use for both consoles) with a CQC Kontrol Freek on the left stick and a raised SCAR Kontrol Freek on the right stick.

Headset : Astro A40 Gen 3 with Mixamp Pro TR on Xbox and SteelSeries Arctis Pro with GameDAC on PS4.

Monitor : Asus VP28UQG 28ins 1ms 4K.

Router : Netduma R1 with DumaOS attached to a BT HH5 running OpenWRT.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Console : PS4 Pro and Xbox One X both with a Samsung T5 external 500Gb SSD

Controller : Xbox Elite controller (use for both consoles) with a CQC Kontrol Freek on the left stick and a raised SCAR Kontrol Freek on the right stick.

Headset : Astro A40 Gen 3 with Mixamp Pro TR on Xbox and SteelSeries Arctis Pro with GameDAC on PS4.

Monitor : Asus VP28UQG 28ins 1ms 4K.

Router : Netduma R1 with DumaOS attached to a BT HH5 running OpenWRT.

 

Nice!

 

Which of the two headsets do you actually prefer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Console:

PS4 slim with ssd samsung 860 evo 1tb

Controller:

Razer raiju ultimate

Headset:

Ps4 platinum 

Monitor:

Benq zowie rl2460s

Router

XR700

@GHOST-1-EC I don't want to disappoint you but the 144hz are only accessible by freesync or gsync.
I don't know what's on your monitor but you better hope ps5 has the same one as your technology itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bert said:

Nice!

 

Which of the two headsets do you actually prefer?

The SteelSeries are better for footsteps... but the SteelSeries sound better on PS4 than they do on Xbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Daniele said:

Console:

PS4 slim with ssd samsung 860 evo 1tb

Controller:

Razer raiju ultimate

Headset:

Ps4 platinum 

Monitor:

Benq zowie rl2460s

Router

XR700

@GHOST-1-EC I don't want to disappoint you but the 144hz are only accessible by freesync or gsync.
I don't know what's on your monitor but you better hope ps5 has the same one as your technology itself.

The PS5 will probably have freesync since its goin to be running amd bits. 

As for being able to run 144hz or close to that i'm sure the console with have features to enable the necessary features based on your hardware (or at least i hope it will, lol) 

Will wait for more in depth coverage to be released going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

The SteelSeries are better for footsteps... but the SteelSeries sound better on PS4 than they do on Xbox.

I got better sound out my A40's then out the Steelseries APW which EQ presets do you use for A40's ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mobel said:

I got better sound out my A40's then out the Steelseries APW which EQ presets do you use for A40's ??

Some custom ones I found somewhere. I'm struggling to find anything that works for footsteps for the A40's.

So many times I get someone run up behind me without Dead Silence and I heard nothing at all. Had the same problem with Black Ops 4 sometimes so I'm wondering if its the game sound fooking up. I can hear my own footsteps and I sound like a bloody elephant and so often I'm running up behind someone and they clearly hear me coming coz they turn around and down me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

Some custom ones I found somewhere. I'm struggling to find anything that works for footsteps for the A40's.

So many times I get someone run up behind me without Dead Silence and I heard nothing at all. Had the same problem with Black Ops 4 sometimes so I'm wondering if its the game sound fooking up. I can hear my own footsteps and I sound like a bloody elephant and so often I'm running up behind someone and they clearly hear me coming coz they turn around and down me.

Try this one it is for fps/competetive try in-game audio setting Home Theatre for MW that is what the creator prefer with it, but I personally play sometimes with boost high audio setting. 

This is the latest updated (Jan 2020)EQ preset for A40 Gen.3 Mixamp Pro TR A40gen3Fps.JPG.thumb.jpg.00c9783d4642c9cc1870cb6f2bd1778e.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

The PS5 will probably have freesync since its goin to be running amd bits. 

As for being able to run 144hz or close to that i'm sure the console with have features to enable the necessary features based on your hardware (or at least i hope it will, lol) 

Will wait for more in depth coverage to be released going forward. 

I'm pretty sure you can actually achieve 144Hz on these screens without freesync / gsync. I have the VG278 that can run 165Hz but I am pretty sure that does involve some trickery. It can run 144Hz default though.

 

What is probably meant is that you ideally need it to prevent screen tearing. That is an issue with 144Hz and variable framerate if you don't use Gsync / Freesync because most games won't run at a capped 144FPS, but often have framedrops. Xbox that runs 120Hz does support Freesync I believe.

 

The rumor is that PS5 will give 120Hz support but I'm not looking into anything new before PS5 is out. (the Acer screen in my other setup is 60Hz so that will need replacing)

 

Big questionmark is also what the game developpers will do, like will CoD stay capped at 60FPS, or will they enable higher framerates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Try this one it is for fps/competetive try in-game audio setting Home Theatre for MW that is what the creator prefer with it, but I personally play sometimes with boost high audio setting. 

This is the latest updated (Jan 2020)EQ preset for A40 Gen.3 Mixamp Pro TR A40gen3Fps.JPG.thumb.jpg.00c9783d4642c9cc1870cb6f2bd1778e.jpg

You got the rest of the settings too? I'll try them out.

Gonna try Zalias preset tonight although its not been updated since the last footstep nerf I don't think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Bert said:

The rumor is that PS5 will give 120Hz support but I'm not looking into anything new before PS5 is out. (the Acer screen in my other setup is 60Hz so that will need replacing)

Yeah i've seen the preliminary reports that it will give 120hz support but i'm hoping for the 144hz cap perhaps since the hardware will very so much more capable than what the PS4 has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

You got the rest of the settings too? I'll try them out.

Gonna try Zalias preset tonight although its not been updated since the last footstep nerf I don't think.

Which rest of the settings ?

The Zalias sounds too muddy for me and not clear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bert said:

Big questionmark is also what the game developpers will do, like will CoD stay capped at 60FPS, or will they enable higher framerates.

Do you perhaps know how i can check to see what fps my ps4 slim is getting as i can at times see a huge difference in picture quality from one lobby to the next? ...... and when its looking sort of crystal clear is when i basically go off in a match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Which rest of the settings ?

 

Which one to use with your settings? Each of the 4 settings sound very different.

 

Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Do you perhaps know how i can check to see what fps my ps4 slim is getting as i can at times see a huge difference in picture quality from one lobby to the next? ...... and when its looking sort of crystal clear is when i basically go off in a match. 

I think most Asus screens actually have a FPS counter build in somewhere in the OSD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think most Asus screens actually have a FPS counter build in somewhere in the OSD.

Mine has a timer but no fps counter unfortunafely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Mine has a timer but no fps counter unfortunafely. 

Same with mine.

Tell a lie. Mine does have a FPS counter. Its in the GamePlus section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@N3CR0

It doesn't matter where u put it, because u will make a fully new eq preset it will totally overwrite the one.

But u will not lose them they stay in your preset library.

the picture I send u just make sure u take everything good over dont forget the xCF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consoles:

Xbox One X w/ 1TB Western Digital external hard drive, Day One Xbox One Fatty

TV:

LG 42" 4k

Controllers:

Xbox elite series 1, Xbox elite series 2

Headset/Headphones:

Turtle beach 800x elite wireless, AKG K240

Router

XR300 + ISP router 

 

Interested in giving that exe a whirl when you upload it @RedBull2k, thanks for sharing it with us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took a bit longer than expected, but i do have something to share. At the moment it is very basic, if you dont feel comfortable entering your router username and password or router ip then this will not be for you. if you use a source port other than 3074 currently it does not support it. 

there are 2 basic functions manual and auto.

manual = you will have to click when your game is about to start

auto = click and leave it, this will add and will remove any hyperlane that is associated with your device when it detects a new server. 

Will share it later on today, just got to compile it and also make sure it will work for the dummies.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here is my gdrive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Dt0WxE6BOrVmowXhcHUei-svcD7kgy7/view?usp=sharing

also i have direct uploaded here.

Instructions as follows.

Open exe file >enter router ip >user name > password > click Auto.

start a game.

end of instructions.

when the app opens it will place a dll on desktop you can delete this after use, but each time the app opens it will replace it back there.

not tested on any abnormal use case scenerios. so if your trying to use under this condition the app is not for you.

If you want to see that its working you can open up the qos page on duma os and refresh the page

@GHOST-1-EC, @N3CR0 and @Bert

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

here is my gdrive link https://drive.google.com/file/d/16Dt0WxE6BOrVmowXhcHUei-svcD7kgy7/view?usp=sharing

also i have direct uploaded here.

Instructions as follows.

Open exe file >enter router ip >user name > password > click Auto.

start a game.

end of instructions.

when the app opens it will place a dll on desktop you can delete this after use, but each time the app opens it will replace it back there.

not tested on any abnormal use case scenerios. so if your trying to use under this condition the app is not for you.

If you want to see that its working you can open up the qos page on duma os and refresh the page

@GHOST-1-EC, @N3CR0 and @Bert

RedBull2k-Auto-Prioritization.exe 9.61 MB · 0 downloads

Thanx bud.... will give it a go in abit 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...