Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Whatever works for you is great, its the fibre. its too fast for some of these players.  As far and limiting packets you cant limit what is not there.  Lowering bandwith used to be a fix for me. But this new COD it doesnt do as much.  The slower and stable the router connected to your xbox the better the gm plays

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was another update for Xbox insiders last night. Party chat does not work with the r1 and after the last two Xbox system updates games have been unplayable with the r1 connected, I have a couple Xbox ones I disconnected my r1 and connected it to my other Xbox not in the preview program and it is amazing just running through lobbies. Maybe Xbox trying to stop users from using specific routers now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

There was another update for Xbox insiders last night. Party chat does not work with the r1 and after the last two Xbox system updates games have been unplayable with the r1 connected, I have a couple Xbox ones I disconnected my r1 and connected it to my other Xbox not in the preview program and it is amazing just running through lobbies. Maybe Xbox trying to stop users from using specific routers now 

That is highly unlikely, it is more trouble than it is worth. They don't gain anything from doing that. However, thanks for bringing that to our attention. Can you see the differences on the Geo-Filter of what happens with party chat? Are there servers you can see being blocked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I went to the existent of factory resetting the router and just leaving upnp enabled and factory resetting and port forwarding and not even touching the geo filter and there’s no difference. Party chat broken with r1. And after last nights Xbox update ping is now 80 to 500 no matter what settings you use. When I just run off my fios router 12 - 20 consistent so that highly unlikely might be turning into a likely. There’s people all in over Twitter,  reddit, activision  & Xbox forums complaining about players from different countries forcing play in lobbies they shouldn’t be in. I’m guilty of this, I set my home pin in Ireland get host and run circles around people or they have host and I’m so laggy they can’t hit me lol all you hear is UK accents bitching in the death chat 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ugotstretched said:

Whatever works for you is great, its the fibre. its too fast for some of these players.  As far and limiting packets you cant limit what is not there.  Lowering bandwith used to be a fix for me. But this new COD it doesnt do as much.  The slower and stable the router connected to your xbox the better the gm plays

I may try Preemptive instead of Reactive since I know it’s a different algorithm & meant for speeds under 150. Curious if this will affect gameplay since it’ll slow my speed down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

So I went to the existent of factory resetting the router and just leaving upnp enabled and factory resetting and port forwarding and not even touching the geo filter and there’s no difference. Party chat broken with r1. And after last nights Xbox update ping is now 80 to 500 no matter what settings you use. When I just run off my fios router 12 - 20 consistent so that highly unlikely might be turning into a likely. There’s people all in over Twitter,  reddit, activision  & Xbox forums complaining about players from different countries forcing play in lobbies they shouldn’t be in. I’m guilty of this, I set my home pin in Ireland get host and run circles around people or they have host and I’m so laggy they can’t hit me lol all you hear is UK accents bitching in the death chat 🤣

Keep in mind the insiders is testing software that isn't ready for public use yet so these may just be issues with the software and particular connection types, nothing we can really diagnose yet until it becomes public but do appreciate the heads up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Grafti said:

@ugotstretched, How are you going with your old linksys router? Still getting good results?
Because if you do, I will try to do something similar

Yes better games overall.  I still use the netduma geo and the duma as my primary router, i just run this old linksys from it.  I usually set my location in the Ocean and ping assist on 50.  Just Dmz the router you will use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, ugotstretched said:

Yes better games overall.  I still use the netduma geo and the duma as my primary router, i just run this old linksys from it.  I usually set my location in the Ocean and ping assist on 50.  Just Dmz the router you will use.

I got a question for you. I just found an old net gear router laying in a box at home from 2011 I believe. Its the netgear n600. I have this plugged into my XR500. What do I do for dmz? Do i put the n600 into the dmz of the XR500 then? Do I need to log into the old router at all? Cause I'm having trouble doing that cause my computer thinks I want to log into my XR500. So I am confused, LOL. Sorry I'm a rookie at all of this. I learn from yall by reading all of your posts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

I got a question for you. I just found an old net gear router laying in a box at home from 2011 I believe. Its the netgear n600. I have this plugged into my XR500. What do I do for dmz? Do i put the n600 into the dmz of the XR500 then? Do I need to log into the old router at all? Cause I'm having trouble doing that cause my computer thinks I want to log into my XR500. So I am confused, LOL. Sorry I'm a rookie at all of this. I learn from yall by reading all of your posts!

There is likely a LAN IP conflict between the two routers, as it's Netgear the default IP will be the same. I would factory reset the N600 and then it setup it should assign a different LAN IP so you can access them both and yes you'd put the N600 WAN IP in the XR500 DMZ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is likely a LAN IP conflict between the two routers, as it's Netgear the default IP will be the same. I would factory reset the N600 and then it setup it should assign a different LAN IP so you can access them both and yes you'd put the N600 WAN IP in the XR500 DMZ.

this is the dmz page, correct? Thanks again Fraser!!

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 12.50.01 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes you got it! :)

Ok so I think I  entered in the right info. I plugged into the second router and the ip was 192.168.1.2 I put that into dmz and now my ps4 won't connect online. I factory reset the old router and unplugged everything thats what i got. Idk ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So actually now I went back into again to make sure i have the right ip and its not in the 192. range it starts with a different number and I cant enter that into the dmz cause it won't all ow me to anything outside of 192.168. range. and I can't get the ps4 to connect. Last night I just plugged the thing in and went to network on the ps4 setup internet connection and boom I was playing. The only reason why I wanted to put it in the dmz was so I could still use the geo on the XR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 3:19 PM, purpleandgold33 said:

So actually now I went back into again to make sure i have the right ip and its not in the 192. range it starts with a different number and I cant enter that into the dmz cause it won't all ow me to anything outside of 192.168. range. and I can't get the ps4 to connect. Last night I just plugged the thing in and went to network on the ps4 setup internet connection and boom I was playing. The only reason why I wanted to put it in the dmz was so I could still use the geo on the XR. 

u have to log into the secondary router and change the starting ip address, then reset both routers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to have to try this out. Are you still getting good results? What modem did you use, are you wired or using wireless etc? Are you maybe just close to the game servers, where are you from?

 

Also, if I may ask do you have some gameplay of what it looks like now on youtube? I'd love to see what it looks like 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...