Jump to content
Crysister

Geofilter searching change

Recommended Posts

On 1/5/2020 at 5:52 PM, Mobel said:

Like this 

 

20191017_011331.jpg

I tired placing the location directly over what I thought was a dedi but couldn't connect. On my first image, are the dedis the triangles or the padlocks? 

Also, do you enable the geofilter before starting the game or just before searching for a game after connecting to online services? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No u have to do everything before u start the game before the "connecting to online services"

And if u want to do some changes u can do it and then restart the game (so close the application and connect to online services) and your changes will be applied.

Also your first picture is on a mobile phone I think that's why it doesn't look accurate try to do it on a pc, laptop or maybe a tablet because of bigger screen size the map will pan out better with the icons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very strange, not sure why that is occurring. Padlocks are definitely servers, triangles could possibly be servers as well - it depends. Try using Ping Assist exclusively and put your home location in the ocean, do you get a better experience then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 7:53 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Very strange, not sure why that is occurring. Padlocks are definitely servers, triangles could possibly be servers as well - it depends. Try using Ping Assist exclusively and put your home location in the ocean, do you get a better experience then?

OK I will try and place the geo filter directly on one of the padlocks and see what the games are like doing that, if it will connect. 

I tried using a ping assist of 20ms and placed the home location in the ocean. It found games as some were pinging on netduma as low as 11ms. In game they are usually around 30-40ms though. 

It was still very much the same doing that as not using the geo filter.

I just think modern warfare has very poor net code and might not be something we can work around or help. I know you can tell from the forum that a lot of people are having the same issues and just giving up with the game because of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Corbula said:

OK I will try and place the geo filter directly on one of the padlocks and see what the games are like doing that, if it will connect. 

I tried using a ping assist of 20ms and placed the home location in the ocean. It found games as some were pinging on netduma as low as 11ms. In game they are usually around 30-40ms though. 

It was still very much the same doing that as not using the geo filter.

I just think modern warfare has very poor net code and might not be something we can work around or help. I know you can tell from the forum that a lot of people are having the same issues and just giving up with the game because of it. 

There's a cloud update on its way, likely next week - hopefully that resolves some of the problems you're having. We're investigating but alas, problems with CoD net code are as old as the franchise. We'll keep investigating and let y'all know when the cloud update is out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

There's a cloud update on its way, likely next week - hopefully that resolves some of the problems you're having. We're investigating but alas, problems with CoD net code are as old as the franchise. We'll keep investigating and let y'all know when the cloud update is out!

Could you tell us a bit about new features and fixes on this cloud update? ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

There's a cloud update on its way, likely next week - hopefully that resolves some of the problems you're having. We're investigating but alas, problems with CoD net code are as old as the franchise. We'll keep investigating and let y'all know when the cloud update is out!

Cool, thanks for letting us know. A question though, isn't a cloud update just to fix locations of servers of the geo filter? Or is there more to it than that, that might actually change other factors? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grafti said:

Could you tell us a bit about new features and fixes on this cloud update? ☺️

We'll be announcing what its purpose is when it's out, likely next week :) I believe it's largely for issues Modern Warfare players have been reporting.

2 hours ago, Corbula said:

Cool, thanks for letting us know. A question though, isn't a cloud update just to fix locations of servers of the geo filter? Or is there more to it than that, that might actually change other factors? 

Not just server locations, but also whitelisting servers intended for authentication, NAT, party chat and other necessities. If they aren't whitelisted by us, you could be accidentally blocking them with the Geo-Filter! (That's why we're working on ways to automate this process and eliminate that risk).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...