Jump to content
AzeRuS94

Best settings for xr500

Recommended Posts

On 12/27/2019 at 1:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes sorry, disable both the relay and 125 options and then reboot the router please.

I switched to dynamic but the nat stills moderate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When you say it's moderate in the console network settings do you mean it says NAT Type 2? If so that is an open NAT and just means it is connected behind a router.

moderate with double nat detected xbox one,    type 2 in ps4 settings but every bo4, ww2 or mw has moderate,   pc cod mw has moderate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right that's slightly different then, it can be hard to get an Open NAT on multiple consoles. Have you done any port forwarding or DMZ at the moment? If so remove that and use UPnP and set NAT to open from secure. If that doesn't work then you'll need to try port forwarding, 3074 for one console and 3075 for the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Right that's slightly different then, it can be hard to get an Open NAT on multiple consoles. Have you done any port forwarding or DMZ at the moment? If so remove that and use UPnP and set NAT to open from secure. If that doesn't work then you'll need to try port forwarding, 3074 for one console and 3075 for the other.

I've tried to only use upnp on the xr500 and set nat from secure to open but stills moderate, also tried disabling upnp and using port forwarding 3074 udp but stills moderante, all this was tried without using dmz, I've also tried using just dmz but moderate too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPnP on, NAT = Open and the Xbox still reports a double NAT? On the Xbox you can have it using a certain port, what port have you got it set to? I'm only interested in what the console network settings says at the moment not what the game says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

UPnP on, NAT = Open and the Xbox still reports a double NAT? On the Xbox you can have it using a certain port, what port have you got it set to? I'm only interested in what the console network settings says at the moment not what the game says.

On every possible method is always double nat detected and nat moderate in console settings on xbox one. I'm not using dmz, only upnp on the xr500. The port using is set by default 3074.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is the Xbox the one you port forwarded to 3074? If not you'll need to do that. If that doesn't work I don't think it will be possible for you to have an Open NAT on more than one console at a time unfortunately.

But I just want to have an open nat on one console, because I'm not playing at the same time with the ps4 and xbox myself. I want to have an open nat while I'm on the ps4 or the xbox or pc separately, without using any of the other two at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you remove the port forwards then and just using UPnP and completely turn off the other consoles - don't have them in rest mode - and reboot the Xbox after you've done this does the Xbox get an open NAT then.

I still with a moderate nat and double nat detected on the console settings :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you just plug your PS4 straight into your ISP router and use DMZ, on your PS4, does that fix things? Or Xbox for that matter.

 

You have a FTTH connection judging by the bandwidth, so do you have a public IP or internal IP? If you have a internal IP and the above doesn't work you might have to resolve the issue with your ISP since that would mean there is an issue forwarding from them. 

 

A good way to see if you have a internal or public IP is going into MW's network menu, and look what it says at external IP. This should match the WAN IP in your ISP's router. If not it's probably a internal IP. Another way is just google my IP, this should match your ISP router's WAN IP, or else you have a internal IP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2019 at 4:04 PM, Bert said:

If you just plug your PS4 straight into your ISP router and use DMZ, on your PS4, does that fix things? Or Xbox for that matter.

yes, is open

 

On 12/30/2019 at 4:04 PM, Bert said:

so do you have a public IP or internal IP?

I have an internal ip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 9:54 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If you remove the port forwards then and just using UPnP and completely turn off the other consoles - don't have them in rest mode - and reboot the Xbox after you've done this does the Xbox get an open NAT then.

I've been trying again and now I'm only using port forwarding on the xr500, upnp is disable, and on the isp I have delete the dmz, so the only thing enabled is port forwarding on the xr500 and now on the xbox one network settings it went from nat moderate and double nat detected to  nat moderate and upnp not successful. At least is not double nat detected no more, so we are making progress. This is my port forwarding page and I also have enabled nat open setting on the xr500 as you suggested. Is there any way to also try with upnp but without having to delete all the ports I've added?

PORT FORWARDING.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you can enable UPNP too, it shouldn't cause any problems. Try that and see if you have an Open NAT afterwards.

Also I'm not sure if this has been said by Fraser yet, but have you put your modem into Bridge mode? Or made sure all ports are forwarded to your router?  Follow this guide please:

 

If you still don’t have an open NAT even though all the required ports have been forwarded, you may need to use DMZ on your ISP Modem or on your DumaOS powered router.

 

First check if the Modem/Router has Modem or Bridge Mode as this is preferable over DMZ mode.

To put your DumaOS powered router into the DMZ of your ISP Modem, first navigate to System Information. On the Internet Status panel, highlight the number next to ‘WAN IP Address’ and copy it. Next, head to the interface of your ISP Modem and go to the Security / Firewall Settings. You should see a box labelled ‘DMZ IP Address’. Paste the WAN IP Address into this box and make sure DMZ is enabled. You have now successfully put your router into DMZ mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Yes you can enable UPNP too, it shouldn't cause any problems. Try that and see if you have an Open NAT afterwards.

Also I'm not sure if this has been said by Fraser yet, but have you put your modem into Bridge mode? Or made sure all ports are forwarded to your router?  Follow this guide please:

 

If you still don’t have an open NAT even though all the required ports have been forwarded, you may need to use DMZ on your ISP Modem or on your DumaOS powered router.

 

First check if the Modem/Router has Modem or Bridge Mode as this is preferable over DMZ mode.

To put your DumaOS powered router into the DMZ of your ISP Modem, first navigate to System Information. On the Internet Status panel, highlight the number next to ‘WAN IP Address’ and copy it. Next, head to the interface of your ISP Modem and go to the Security / Firewall Settings. You should see a box labelled ‘DMZ IP Address’. Paste the WAN IP Address into this box and make sure DMZ is enabled. You have now successfully put your router into DMZ mode.

I can't bridge mode because there isn't any specif settings for my isp router(HS8546V5) to do that, and in the past I've also tried to put it in bridge mode with the help of Fraser but we didn't find the solution because everytime we tried some settings I would lose access to internet. Regarding using dmz on the isp router it seems like it does nothing to forward the ports to my router. I've also tried to enabled upnp while using port forwarding and it stills with moderate nat and the double nat issue comes back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's not forwarding the ports to your router then DMZ clearly isn't working correctly. Is your Router's WAN IP address set at static/reserved? It could be that it's forwarding the ports to the wrong address because the XR500's address changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

If it's not forwarding the ports to your router then DMZ clearly isn't working correctly. Is your Router's WAN IP address set at static/reserved? It could be that it's forwarding the ports to the wrong address because the XR500's address changes.

few days ago I was with a static ip for the xr500 but Fraser told me to try and switch to a dynamic ip, but in both ways I still having a moderate nat and double nat. Also the wan ip is correctly addressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you double check that with the XR500 out of the equation and console connected directly to the ISP hub that you have an Open NAT?

I just tried to connect the xbox directly to the isp router and it says that there is no ip assigned and no internet connection is detected. What do I have to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should do factory reset on your ISP router, sometime when I used PPPoE to pass through my ISP router and I want come back straight to it, I must do factory reset and start by 0...

After that, just connect your Xbox and configure your network.  Put your Xbox in DMZ to your ISP router,  that should work.  The Dumaos is very difficult to understand, I have many wifi issue with, DNS probleme etc.... 

 

Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DanyKTM said:

You should do factory reset on your ISP router, sometime when I used PPPoE to pass through my ISP router and I want come back straight to it, I must do factory reset and start by 0...

After that, just connect your Xbox and configure your network.  Put your Xbox in DMZ to your ISP router,  that should work.  The Dumaos is very difficult to understand, I have many wifi issue with, DNS probleme etc.... 

 

Good luck

I wouldn't do a factory reset because there is a big sticker telling to not touch the factory reset button at the back of the router.😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...