FIFA 20 delay fix vía Home games method using DumaOS?.

Hello great people of this forum! 

Im a long time follower and first time poster here, I’ve found everything very helpful so I thought I’d bring this question here to get some insight.

quick background: been playing fifa for 3 years online competitively and my experience improved greatly when using the XR500. I’ve found the best results by putting my Xbox into the DMZ, and found particular success when using the Home/away games method as detailed on YouTube (watching to see if kit comes up first). The problem is now this is patched and there is no way to tell from what I’ve seen, and having an admittedly relatively basic understanding of the extensive features of DumaOS I’m hoping there’s a way to tell if home or away with the data from the router, now that EA has patched it in game (now I can only get home/“host” about 25% of the time, and the delay is almost unplayable). The  home/away factor is huge in FIFA especially when playing in the higher divisions and absolutely has a huge Impact on connection quality and input delay. Does anyone have any ideas on how we could use DumaOS to tell if you are home or away? This would be much appreciated and a huge boost to all DumaOS fifa players everywhere.

Cheers!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It's unlikely that an in game mechanic will be able to determined via the router itself unfortunately. What I would suggest is use the Geo-Filter and look at the map when you get a game - try and get a home game and an away game and see if there are any differences on the Geo-Filter. If there is then you can try to use the Geo-Filter to perhaps force a particular server or search in a certain area. It may be a good idea to do this in Spectating Mode so you if there is a server that just appears for home for example then you could block it. Other than that I don't think this will be possible.

People talk about throttling speeds to their minimums to combat some CoD mechanics so this could be something to try with FIFA as well.

Thank you for the prompt reply sir!

I will try the geo filter technique that you mentioned, but in the past when I could do the home/away fix in game i was always connected to a server in NC, regardless of if I was home or away. I  just feel that there has to be some data point visible while in the matchup screen on Duma  (before the game starts) that would reflect who is host/not host of the game since there is such a significant difference in gameplay. Could  you please explain more about the throttling of speeds? I’ve done extensive research on resolving this issue and didn’t come across that anywhere.

Thank you!

• Administrators

It will be unlikely that you can use the Geo-Filter to do this as it will be server side and so the Geo-Filter would show you connecting to the same server every time. They may connect briefly to a different server but I can't see that being the case, give it a go though as I may be wrong. Regarding throttling, FIFA say that you need 512kbps minimum in order to play the game, most people have a lot more than this. What some people then do in CoD is to lower their Anti-Bufferbloat so they're just getting above the minimum required. So I'd suggest you leave the download Anti-Bufferbloat as it is but then reduce the upload until you see the number on the right hand side (beside the percentage) get to about 0.8mbps. See how that plays but then you may want to try with download as well. It could have absolutely no effect but people have seen success on CoD so thought it might be worth a try.

Awesome, thank you! I will experiment with a couple things and report back. As of now, no one has come up with a solution to get the best gameplay consistency on fifa, at least that I’m aware of. If we could figure it out it would be huge 🙏🏼