Jump to content
kinel

how to get better hit detection

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, albert dh said:

The same.  Turno off always in red light and only increase traffic priorization in downloads but uploads nothing.

 

xxx.png

albert dh, Try what Fraser said. Basically why your light isn't coming on is because your source port isn't 3074 for in game play. To test this you can also try this and see if the light comes on.

Source 20000:65000 UDP

Destination 30000:45000 UDP

If your light comes on with that arrangement then you now know your source port for in game play isn't 3074 UDP. And it falls somewhere in between 20000--65000.

Post back with your results. 

Thanks!

Zippy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ksubi said:

Any New Ports that you have found that affect the actual In game experience? I know you said you would do some testing, and I know you only got new ports in the menus

I did find tcp ports used when we playing  tcp 3074  and others in the 50000 range

But like others had said i dont think there  crucial data ports

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kinel said:

Just lettiing users know that i updated my firware  to the latest firware  again but experience  has changed 

My hit detection  before on the older firmware was brilliant

When i did traffic  proratization 

Now since last night when i upgraded firmware  my hit detection  is crap

i am doing the exact same  traffic proratization  methods so far

I do think its down to one thing thats diffrent

The older firmware  used an algorithm  called reactive aka fq codel

But in the new  firmware  they do not use this algorithm  

as i was told this  when the  firmware was released  ages ago

i asked  will the new firmware  use reactiv algorithme the admins said no it wont

 

I go try whit the old firmware , maybe i have there better hitmarkers , and when this not help i stop whit modern warfare , the sbmm destroy all in the game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Problem ist Not hitdetection or Connection..

Hitdetection and Connection is brilliant with all of These netduma settings we found Out..

But SBMM kills it.. a few Games with perfekt hitdetection instandly bring's you in a Skill Level thats unplayable.

Camping, only Overpowerd weapons..

real good Players that Play other FPS competive for Money and Hackers 

Its so brutal sweaty and campy that many Games end in time Limits

 

Yesterday i had Set my netduma for CoD BO3 and got instand a 51:6 KD 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blackfirehawk said:

My Problem ist Not hitdetection or Connection..

Hitdetection and Connection is brilliant with all of These netduma settings we found Out..

But SBMM kills it.. a few Games with perfekt hitdetection instandly bring's you in a Skill Level thats unplayable.

Camping, only Overpowerd weapons..

real good Players that Play other FPS competive for Money and Hackers 

Its so brutal sweaty and campy that many Games end in time Limits

 

Yesterday i had Set my netduma for CoD BO3 and got instand a 51:6 KD 

 

So true...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Zippy said:

albert dh, Try what Fraser said. Basically why your light isn't coming on is because your source port isn't 3074 for in game play. To test this you can also try this and see if the light comes on.

Source 20000:65000 UDP

Destination 30000:45000 UDP

If your light comes on with that arrangement then you now know your source port for in game play isn't 3074 UDP. And it falls somewhere in between 20000--65000.

Post back with your results. 

Thanks!

Zippy.

First of all, thank you to everyone for the comments and help me.

Zyppy the red light has turned on making your indications!. I don't understand one thing. In the menu of MW section network always indicates the port 3074 and IP. I don't understand that the source port not really 3074.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, albert dh said:

First of all, thank you to everyone for the comments and help me.

Zyppy the red light has turned on making your indications!. I don't understand one thing. In the menu of MW section network always indicates the port 3074 and IP. I don't understand that the source port not really 3074.

The game uses many ports for many different things.

 

3074 port is purely used for the profile, match making, update info etc etc.

 

3074 is not the port used for games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, albert dh said:

First of all, thank you to everyone for the comments and help me.

Zyppy the red light has turned on making your indications!. I don't understand one thing. In the menu of MW section network always indicates the port 3074 and IP. I don't understand that the source port not really 3074.

 

What IP adress did you look at? You need the port from external IP adress. In my case when it wasn't 3074 it was in the range 62000-65535

 

7 hours ago, faulko said:

The game uses many ports for many different things.

 

3074 port is purely used for the profile, match making, update info etc etc.

 

3074 is not the port used for games.

 

Sometimes it is and sometimes it's not. Strange really. I thought it changed with open and moderate NAT but Kinel said he also had 3074 on moderate NAT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also find it strange that some are getting 3074 for in gameplay traffic as well.. It does seem to change for whatever the reason. And we wouldn't have known this if it wasn't for all the good info posted here. 

I have did a port capture from first power up of my Xbox X to when I load a game and get into the lobby. For this test I was using Halo5. And here is what takes place for me which I found interesting.  For this test I do also want to be clear that I only was looking at the order of ports from power up to when playing a game. And my capture was strictly focusing on UDP.

Heres what took place for me.

Powering up Xbox X

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP

Then right after that I got this arrangement.

Source 3544 - 3074 Destination UDP

Now I load Halo5 and got into a lobby but didn't start a game.

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP

Now I start a game and this is what takes place.

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP right after that came this.

Source 57567 - 30005 Destination UDP. (This is the Dedicated Server for in gameplay).

Right after playing a game and was sitting back into the lobby this arrangement came back.

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP.

From here this would basically repeat itself except the port number the Dedicated server uses for each new game always seems to change. Which would make sense. But my Source port 57567 always staid the same. This pattern also goes in the same order when playing Cod as well except the Sever port numbers are at a wider range 30000:45000 UDP on that game but again my Source port when playing is always 57567.

What I do find interesting out of this is port 3544 UDP. Its a tunneling port MS uses for IPV6 Teredo Tunneling. Even when I have IPV6 disabled that port is still present. I am going to test this with full Native IPV6 and see if that port is still there. But in order for me to get my IPV6 to fully work I have to use my ASUS Router. For whatever the reason my XR500 IPV6 DNS isn't working.. Another surprise there! lol..

For those of you wondering when I prioritize ports the only ones I personally am prioritizing are my in gameplay ports.. That's it! And only UDP ports.. 

Zippy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, albert dh said:

First of all, thank you to everyone for the comments and help me.

Zyppy the red light has turned on making your indications!. I don't understand one thing. In the menu of MW section network always indicates the port 3074 and IP. I don't understand that the source port not really 3074.

That's good to know your light is now turning back on with that arrangement. You could always experiment even more if you wanted and further narrow down your source port even more. But if your happy with what you have then great!

The reason why 3074 isn't your source port is a good question. And why others are able to use it and have game traffic go through it is another interesting question. What we do know now atm is your source port for in gameplay action isn't 3074 UDP. So your making headway there!

Zippy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zippy said:

I also find it strange that some are getting 3074 for in gameplay traffic as well.. It does seem to change for whatever the reason. And we wouldn't have known this if it wasn't for all the good info posted here. 

I have did a port capture from first power up of my Xbox X to when I load a game and get into the lobby. For this test I was using Halo5. And here is what takes place for me which I found interesting.  For this test I do also want to be clear that I only was looking at the order of ports from power up to when playing a game. And my capture was strictly focusing on UDP.

Heres what took place for me.

Powering up Xbox X

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP

Then right after that I got this arrangement.

Source 3544 - 3074 Destination UDP

Now I load Halo5 and got into a lobby but didn't start a game.

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP

Now I start a game and this is what takes place.

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP right after that came this.

Source 57567 - 30005 Destination UDP. (This is the Dedicated Server for in gameplay).

Right after playing a game and was sitting back into the lobby this arrangement came back.

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP.

From here this would basically repeat itself except the port number the Dedicated server uses for each new game always seems to change. Which would make sense. But my Source port 57567 always staid the same. This pattern also goes in the same order when playing Cod as well except the Sever port numbers are at a wider range 30000:45000 UDP on that game but again my Source port when playing is always 57567.

What I do find interesting out of this is port 3544 UDP. Its a tunneling port MS uses for IPV6 Teredo Tunneling. Even when I have IPV6 disabled that port is still present. I am going to test this with full Native IPV6 and see if that port is still there. But in order for me to get my IPV6 to fully work I have to use my ASUS Router. For whatever the reason my XR500 IPV6 DNS isn't working.. Another surprise there! lol..

For those of you wondering when I prioritize ports the only ones I personally am prioritizing are my in gameplay ports.. That's it! And only UDP ports.. 

Zippy.

So with that being said how should we prio ports now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zippy said:

I also find it strange that some are getting 3074 for in gameplay traffic as well.. It does seem to change for whatever the reason. And we wouldn't have known this if it wasn't for all the good info posted here. 

I have did a port capture from first power up of my Xbox X to when I load a game and get into the lobby. For this test I was using Halo5. And here is what takes place for me which I found interesting.  For this test I do also want to be clear that I only was looking at the order of ports from power up to when playing a game. And my capture was strictly focusing on UDP.

Heres what took place for me.

Powering up Xbox X

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP

Then right after that I got this arrangement.

Source 3544 - 3074 Destination UDP

Now I load Halo5 and got into a lobby but didn't start a game.

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP

Now I start a game and this is what takes place.

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP right after that came this.

Source 57567 - 30005 Destination UDP. (This is the Dedicated Server for in gameplay).

Right after playing a game and was sitting back into the lobby this arrangement came back.

Source 3074 - 3544 Destination UDP.

From here this would basically repeat itself except the port number the Dedicated server uses for each new game always seems to change. Which would make sense. But my Source port 57567 always staid the same. This pattern also goes in the same order when playing Cod as well except the Sever port numbers are at a wider range 30000:45000 UDP on that game but again my Source port when playing is always 57567.

What I do find interesting out of this is port 3544 UDP. Its a tunneling port MS uses for IPV6 Teredo Tunneling. Even when I have IPV6 disabled that port is still present. I am going to test this with full Native IPV6 and see if that port is still there. But in order for me to get my IPV6 to fully work I have to use my ASUS Router. For whatever the reason my XR500 IPV6 DNS isn't working.. Another surprise there! lol..

For those of you wondering when I prioritize ports the only ones I personally am prioritizing are my in gameplay ports.. That's it! And only UDP ports.. 

Zippy.

 

I noted exactly the same. But one difference and that is in CoD there seems to be some server communication between 30.000 and 31.000 that is there even when you just sit around idle. That's why I prioritized 31.000-45.000

 

When I did that, the QoS light only comes on when you are actually in a lobby playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bert said:

 

I noted exactly the same. But one difference and that is in CoD there seems to be some server communication between 30.000 and 31.000 that is there even when you just sit around idle. That's why I prioritized 31.000-45.000

 

When I did that, the QoS light only comes on when you are actually in a lobby playing.

So what rules do you have set?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing is, with open NAT, i just make a TP with Source: 3074-3074 UPD and Destination: 3074-3074 UPD. Nothing else and no DumasClassifedGames.

The light is always on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Crysister said:

Another thing is, with open NAT, i just make a TP with Source: 3074-3074 UPD and Destination: 3074-3074 UPD. Nothing else and no DumasClassifedGames.

The light is always on!

if you want to prioritize the in game traffic its got to be UDP,   99% of fps's use UDP. theirs a lot of reasons game developers us UDP.   one big one  is TPC has a packet inspection delay where UDP dont. I'm not saying the game isn't using TPC too,  I know it is on the new COD because when I had wireshark hooked to Xbox it showed TPC  also  but the TPC shouldn't be time sensitive packets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Crysister said:

Another thing is, with open NAT, i just make a TP with Source: 3074-3074 UPD and Destination: 3074-3074 UPD. Nothing else and no DumasClassifedGames.

The light is always on!

Port 3074 to 3074 seems the Port for authentification and other data Like Stats

The Gameservers are in a 30000-45000 range

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bert said:

 

I noted exactly the same. But one difference and that is in CoD there seems to be some server communication between 30.000 and 31.000 that is there even when you just sit around idle. That's why I prioritized 31.000-45.000

 

When I did that, the QoS light only comes on when you are actually in a lobby playing.

There is a Lobby Server.. for matchmarking and maybe voicechat in Lobby...

For some there are in the 30000-30200 range

 

For me its random from 30000-38000 range

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

Port 3074 to 3074 seems the Port for authentification and other data Like Stats

The Gameservers are in a 30000-45000 range

 

30000-45000 is the source ports or destination when in game ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

There is a Lobby Server.. for matchmarking and maybe voicechat in Lobby...

For some there are in the 30000-30200 range

 

For me its random from 30000-38000 range

 

 

No this was happening just idling in the menu. It might just be some demonware stats server that happens to be in the same datarange.

 

As soon as you look for a match and enter matchmaking it will switch over to the actual game port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ksubi said:

So what rules do you have set?

Depends on.

 

For normal config I have

SRC 3074 - DST 30000-45000 and SRC 30000-45000 DST 3074

 

For configuration through my PC I had

SRC 62000-65535 DST 31000-45000 and SRC 31000-45000 DST 62000-65535.

 

The regular setting, Games console also has always worked nice for me. But the nice thing on the second was that it doesn't use ABB for normal usage and you have full bandwidth.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bert said:

No this was happening just idling in the menu. It might just be some demonware stats server that happens to be in the same datarange.

 

As soon as you look for a match and enter matchmaking it will switch over to the actual game port.

I know i See it in the netlimiter App

The Demonware Server ist in the Same port range.. thats the reason i cant Filter them

And every Gamestart the Port Change

 

I only prio sec 3074 dest 30000-45000

And its feel Like its better with ABB on (70/70) and Share enabled

But in the other Hand every Game feels different..

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Question that I Have Is Are these the same ports that control in Game Traffic for Custom Games? I Don't Play Pubs all I play is competitive, I know these ports have been found connecting  to dedicated servers. Does this work in custom games/P2P or are there completely different ports that I need to prioritize. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ksubi said:

A Question that I Have Is Are these the same ports that control in Game Traffic for Custom Games? I Don't Play Pubs All I Play is Competitive and wondering does this work as well. 

Have you tested to see if it does work in Custom games/Competitive? My guess is if the custom game is being hosted on the server then the ports should be the same.  But if a custom game flips to a P2P then they may not.. You will know if its working by the red light and by a nice flow of packets being prioritized up and down or send and receive..

Zippy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zippy said:

Have you tested to see if it does work in Custom games/Competitive? My guess is if the custom game is being hosted on the server then the ports should be the same.  But if a custom game flips to a P2P then they may not.. You will know if its working by the red light and by a nice flow of packets being prioritized up and down or send and receive..

Zippy.

The Red Light is Always gonna be on when I have 3074 Set As A Source Port, I'm asking if the destination ports are the same. I wondered if they are different because it's not connecting to a dedicated server so maybe the destination poets would be differ slightly. If anyone would be willing to test this with me I would appreciate it because I don't have the equipment to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...