Jump to content
kinel

how to get better hit detection

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Gkear said:

Hi would these settings work playing on pc through ethernet cable thanks

IDK it works for me but im on console i believe just adding the port the game actually uses in qos is the way to go but you got other users that wants to open up every number across the board

PC

  • TCP: 3074-3075,27014-27050
  • UDP: 3074-3075,3478,4379-4380,27000-27031,27036

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi im on ps5 i these the ports i should prioritize i have atm the ones you stated before to use ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kg123 said:

Hi im on ps5 i these the ports i should prioritize i have atm the ones you stated before to use ?

ps5

add ports for TCP and UDP. If your router supports both protocols, then add 1935, 3074-3075, 3478-3480. If your router does not have the ‘both’ option, then add TCP and UDP ports separately: Protocol TCP: 1935,3478-3480 & Protocol UDP: 3074-.3075,3478-3479.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi thank you for your reply is this correct how i have done it 

traffic Prioritization 

source 1935 1934 destination 3074:3075 Both tcp udp

source 3478:3480 destination 3478:3480 both

thank you is there anything else i need to change on my settings atm i am using unpnp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TODDzillaInLA i have put those ports in bit i am confused because in previous posts your using different ports to the ones that you gave me i play warzone on ps5 only i have turned off upnp as yiu suggeseted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2021 at 11:03 PM, Kg123 said:

@TODDzillaInLA i have put those ports in bit i am confused because in previous posts your using different ports to the ones that you gave me i play warzone on ps5 only i have turned off upnp as yiu suggeseted

im on xsx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2021 at 6:31 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

ps5

add ports for TCP and UDP. If your router supports both protocols, then add 1935, 3074-3075, 3478-3480. If your router does not have the ‘both’ option, then add TCP and UDP ports separately: Protocol TCP: 1935,3478-3480 & Protocol UDP: 3074-.3075,3478-3479.

Hi i was wondering if i have set these ports up correctly total noob at this thanks

Screenshot (17).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there,

I'm running PS5 connected to XR1000 (wired),

After few months of applying different settings, this what works the best for me:

-Upnp off

-make sure to give static ip for your PS5 in Lan setup

-port forwarding as per picture, this will get you open NAT 

Capture1.thumb.PNG.fb1874d2fa34f43aa105d5b1214fb8c0.PNG

-When prioritizing traffic to the same ports as with the forwarding, the rule seems to affect only UDP traffic. So I added prio to whole consle :

add device, basic, game console, normal default. This way I see more packets being prioritized than any other way.

Capture2.thumb.PNG.7d31182b16942a42a67fd2ce19c3074c.PNG

There is no silver bullet for hit detection, it varies from game to game, server to server or peer to peer. However, with above settings I'm having the best results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2021 at 12:18 PM, Gkear said:

Hi i was wondering if i have set these ports up correctly total noob at this thanks

Screenshot (17).png

im not a fan of this method and as you can see you have no traffic going through any of those ports

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2021 at 9:36 PM, Jackal235 said:

Hi there,

I'm running PS5 connected to XR1000 (wired),

After few months of applying different settings, this what works the best for me:

-Upnp off

-make sure to give static ip for your PS5 in Lan setup

-port forwarding as per picture, this will get you open NAT 

Capture1.thumb.PNG.fb1874d2fa34f43aa105d5b1214fb8c0.PNG

-When prioritizing traffic to the same ports as with the forwarding, the rule seems to affect only UDP traffic. So I added prio to whole consle :

add device, basic, game console, normal default. This way I see more packets being prioritized than any other way.

Capture2.thumb.PNG.7d31182b16942a42a67fd2ce19c3074c.PNG

There is no silver bullet for hit detection, it varies from game to game, server to server or peer to peer. However, with above settings I'm having the best results.

Hi i have used the above settings and going try them out what about anti buffer bloat how do you have that setup ? 
thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My network is not that congested, so I gave equal bandwidth to all my devices.

To get steady triple A+ score in connection benchmark, I had to check "always" in congestion control. 

Capture3.thumb.PNG.6e5f22383834e74c5ddf92ca1d05af5d.PNG4

Also... running the game in 120Hz (compatible Tv/monitor necessary) helps a lot.

I noticed that... when playing in 120Hz mode, the ping in geo filter is almost the same as the in game ping. 

When in 60Hz, the in game ping was about 20ms higher than the one in geo filter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jackal235 said:

My network is not that congested, so I gave equal bandwidth to all my devices.

To get steady triple A+ score in connection benchmark, I had to check "always" in congestion control. 

Capture3.thumb.PNG.6e5f22383834e74c5ddf92ca1d05af5d.PNG4

Also... running the game in 120Hz (compatible Tv/monitor necessary) helps a lot.

I noticed that... when playing in 120Hz mode, the ping in geo filter is almost the same as the in game ping. 

When in 60Hz, the in game ping was about 20ms higher than the one in geo filter.

 

monitor refresh rate should have nothing to do with internet ping / latency that will only create hardware latency display time, when  you hit the button on the mouse or controller to the time you actually see it move on the screen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

monitor refresh rate should have nothing to do with internet ping / latency that will only create hardware latency display time, when  you hit the button on the mouse or controller to the time you actually see it move on the screen

Monitor refresh has nothing to do with ping...However, to enable 120Hz on Ps5 for COD you have to select "performance" over the "resolution" in PS5 settings. I believe this reduces processing time when game calculates the ping. 

I change this settings many times and each time I'm in resolution mode (60hz) my in game ping jumps 20ms compering to ping calculated by geo filter.

Going back to performance mode (120Hz) both pings are almost the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...