Jump to content
thewilloxdiaz

MW unplayable (PC)

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You'll need to setup the calix > router > R1 first and take out the PPPoE details then you should see a WAN IP in System Information in the Internet Status panel.

Well i set up the Hub> R700> Netduma and took out the PPPoE and weirdly i dont have any Internet Connection. Tried only Hub> R700 and no internet. Also tried Hub> R1 again with the PPPoE and works fine. Tried on another LAN port on the R700, no internet. Called my ISP for assistance and they told me that i have to erase the PPPoE user and pass, log in again, reboot the router and everything should go normal. Did those steps and still no internet. So, called my ISP and they scheduled a technical visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You'll need to setup the calix > router > R1 first and take out the PPPoE details then you should see a WAN IP in System Information in the Internet Status panel.

Just managed to set up the Hub> R7000> R1. The R1 WAN IP should be 10.0.0.2 right?

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You'll need to setup the calix > router > R1 first and take out the PPPoE details then you should see a WAN IP in System Information in the Internet Status panel.

All done. What should i do next?

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great you got that all sorted out, yes you've done that correctly. Now repeat the PingPlotter/saturating your connection and trying with different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages tests and see if the results are better, they should be. Make sure you disable the WiFi on the R7000 as well to make sure no devices connect to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/14/2019 at 7:35 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Great you got that all sorted out, yes you've done that correctly. Now repeat the PingPlotter/saturating your connection and trying with different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages tests and see if the results are better, they should be. Make sure you disable the WiFi on the R7000 as well to make sure no devices connect to it.

Did some test.

* Buffering 5 - 10 videos on 4K on my laptop.
* Two 4K vids on two cellphones.
* Downloading Doom on my PS4.
* Downloading COD Mobile on my phone as well.

PIC 1 50-50 Anti-Bufferbloat, Always.

993412621_test250-50.thumb.png.09174c9b185f5b83d81da60ad87a6507.png

 

PIC 2 70-70 Anti-Bufferbloat, Always.

 

1869746084_test70-70.thumb.png.3a23adb2ee5d089781b934878b1dc024.png

 

PIC 3 80-80 Anti-Bufferbloat, Always.

 

1493182662_test80-80.thumb.png.f8a47ef62ea7b05620d2b8d6519cdc15.png

 

PIC 4 90-90 Anti-Bufferbloat, Always.

 

862450664_test90-90.thumb.png.773d4985378d64161a7a24fc87698cef.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turning the bufferbloat sliders down doesn't seem to be stopping the packet loss.

Try testing with all options in the Traffic Prioritization menu either turned off or deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Turning the bufferbloat sliders down doesn't seem to be stopping the packet loss.

Try testing with all options in the Traffic Prioritization menu either turned off or deleted.

Traffic Prioritization is this menu? 

 

image.png.47a0adb307a91fee8890cbff89a5c127.png

 

These are my settings on QoS. Im at 100% because i was downloading some files. Usually is on 70 - 70 

image.thumb.png.a4e7b326381dca2cc96eb63cc6374ee4.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your speeds are 25/25 but you haven't input these into the Anti-Bufferbloat options so they're set at the default 1000/1000. So when you've been changing the percentages it hasn't been affecting it because it assumes the speeds are higher than they are. Put your speeds in and then repeat those tests, you should notice the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your speeds are 25/25 but you haven't input these into the Anti-Bufferbloat options so they're set at the default 1000/1000. So when you've been changing the percentages it hasn't been affecting it because it assumes the speeds are higher than they are. Put your speeds in and then repeat those tests, you should notice the difference.

My bad, didnt notice that. I'll let you know the results of the tests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your speeds are 25/25 but you haven't input these into the Anti-Bufferbloat options so they're set at the default 1000/1000. So when you've been changing the percentages it hasn't been affecting it because it assumes the speeds are higher than they are. Put your speeds in and then repeat those tests, you should notice the difference.

These are the results, with the proper Download and Upload bandwith speed, at 70 - 70 Always Buffer-bloat:

Saturatting with:
* Laptop streaming 10 4K videos
* Streaming Netflix
* Downloading 2 apps
* Downloading COD Mobile on my cellphone.

image.thumb.png.9f9572bfdfe5d88fba93a7bed5245195.png

It seems kinda better now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 1:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that is definitely a lot better! So it's pretty stable generally, maybe play around a little with the percentages and see if you can get rid of those 2 spikes.

Well, the best percentages so far are 80 - 80 or 70 - 70. Still, i get a couple spikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 3:31 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

If those are the best you get then go with that, spikes are fine and common its just that you want to limit the huge spikes as much as possible.

Tested on 50 - 50. Less spikes. What should i do next? Still getting destroyed on COD. Most of times i join lobbies with 100+ms even with strict mode on and Ping Assist 70 ms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, thewilloxdiaz said:

Tested on 50 - 50. Less spikes. What should i do next? Still getting destroyed on COD. Most of times i join lobbies with 100+ms even with strict mode on and Ping Assist 70 ms.

Judging by those Pingplotter results you've got the best base ping and line stability you can. I doubt you'll be able to improve it further than that - your line looks fantastic.

The problem now is between you and the server, and how well supported your region is. If I recall you live in South America, and Activision have provided very little support for South America in general. I think the only decent servers are in Sao Paulo in your case. We're soon going to be releasing a bunch of new DumaOS tools for you to play with which could help, though the problem here will always be the lack of game server support in South America.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...