Jump to content

Recommended Posts

hey all,

recetntly, my geo filter didnt work. It didnt show any servers or players on my map.

After i rebooted it, it was fixed. It worked regularly. However now, when I play with friends, i get extreme lag spikes all of the sudden (my friends live inside of the geofilter radius)

here how my gaming experience looks like: 

 

 

Alone I have no issues: but with my friends its unplayable... how can I fix that?

also question on the map: why do i get connected to a server in ireland when that is clearly not inside the radius...? When I click on the tab down right it takes forever to load 😕 

and when I try to flush the cloud it says "this action takes longer than usual". But my ISP says there is nothing from with my connection, and theyre right, on my phone etc. there are no issues

Thanks in advance!

Bildschirmfoto_2019-12-05_um_23_06.25_(2).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: I removed the ps4 from the geofilter, readded it and flushed the cloud.

Suddenly, the server is denied (without me denying access) and now i can't log in to modern warfare at all. So apparently that is a server you have to connect at the beginning in order to connect to the online services.

The thing is, i click on it because i want to allow it, but nothing happens, the 2 tabs down stay empty and i cant allow it....

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-06 um 00.35.11.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT EDIT: I removed the ps4 and added it again and now its not blocked anymore for some reason...

However.... now I get those lobbies where i lag all over the place when I play alone as well some time (happens every 5th game)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay i'll start from the top and work my way down!

12 hours ago, vewxi said:

when I play with friends, i get extreme lag spikes all of the sudden (my friends live inside of the geofilter radius)

It's possible that your friends IPs have been mislocated by the Geo-Filter. I would suggest joining a lobby with your friends, clicking on all servers/peers that appear on the map while idling in the lobby, and ALLOW all of them.

Another idea would be to set a ping assist level which will allow your friends through the Geo-Filter. I wonder if it's accidentally routing them through the server instead of peer to peer, causing lag... The other option is that there's a mislocated server inside your radius which is closer to your friends than you, and this puts you on a further away server.

12 hours ago, vewxi said:

question on the map: why do i get connected to a server in ireland when that is clearly not inside the radius...? When I click on the tab down right it takes forever to load 😕 

The server in Ireland is what we call an Authentication Server. These are servers that are required for the game to work properly. For example, they might deal with logging you into your account, checking your purchases, changing your loadouts, tallying your EXP and such. Your connection to this server won't affect the quality of your gameplay, but without that server, the game wouldn't allow you to play at all. This is why we whitelist these servers from our end. The white ring around the server means it's whitelisted. This server can be ignored.

12 hours ago, vewxi said:

when I try to flush the cloud it says "this action takes longer than usual". But my ISP says there is nothing from with my connection, and theyre right, on my phone etc. there are no issues

This is a known bug, but it's only cosmetic. Sometimes the cloud update takes longer than 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, DumaOS pops up saying "action took longer than usual" but the cloud update is still happening in the background. All you have to do is refresh the page and the update should have completed in the background.

11 hours ago, vewxi said:

Suddenly, the server is denied (without me denying access) and now i can't log in to modern warfare at all. So apparently that is a server you have to connect at the beginning in order to connect to the online services.

 

10 hours ago, vewxi said:

EDIT EDIT: I removed the ps4 and added it again and now its not blocked anymore for some reason...

However.... now I get those lobbies where i lag all over the place when I play alone as well some time (happens every 5th game)

I really don't know why that happened. Obviously the authentication server was blocked temporarily which is why the game didn't work... But I don't know why it randomly stopped and started blocking it. It might just be that the game needed to be restarted after the cloud was flushed.

Regarding the laggy games, I assume that skill based matchmaking is putting you on a non-ideal server. Perhaps one that's inside your radius but mislocated. I'd certainly suggest setting Ping Assist to a reasonable level (such as 50ms) until we can release a cloud update which corrects all of the locations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the detailed answer!

33 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

It's possible that your friends IPs have been mislocated by the Geo-Filter. I would suggest joining a lobby with your friends, clicking on all servers/peers that appear on the map while idling in the lobby, and ALLOW all of them.

Another idea would be to set a ping assist level which will allow your friends through the Geo-Filter. I wonder if it's accidentally routing them through the server instead of peer to peer, causing lag... The other option is that there's a mislocated server inside your radius which is closer to your friends than you, and this puts you on a further away server.

It's weird because I never had issues playing with them, it started yesterday for some reason. I tried that as well, I wanted to allow them, but when I click on a server the 2 tabs at the bottom don't show anything or take forever to load.

34 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

The server in Ireland is what we call an Authentication Server. These are servers that are required for the game to work properly. For example, they might deal with logging you into your account, checking your purchases, changing your loadouts, tallying your EXP and such. Your connection to this server won't affect the quality of your gameplay, but without that server, the game wouldn't allow you to play at all. This is why we whitelist these servers from our end. The white ring around the server means it's whitelisted. This server can be ignored.

Okay, good to know, thanks!

34 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

This is a known bug, but it's only cosmetic. Sometimes the cloud update takes longer than 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, DumaOS pops up saying "action took longer than usual" but the cloud update is still happening in the background. All you have to do is refresh the page and the update should have completed in the background.

Okay perfect, one less problem

35 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Regarding the laggy games, I assume that skill based matchmaking is putting you on a non-ideal server. Perhaps one that's inside your radius but mislocated. I'd certainly suggest setting Ping Assist to a reasonable level (such as 50ms) until we can release a cloud update which corrects all of the locations.

Yeah I had that feeling too that the geofilter and the matchmaking system are fighting each other, since other players reported same issues getting into lobbies with a high ping just to match the K/D ratio of other players.

Alright, I will try the ping assist. Looking forward to an update :) 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, vewxi said:

It's weird because I never had issues playing with them, it started yesterday for some reason. I tried that as well, I wanted to allow them, but when I click on a server the 2 tabs at the bottom don't show anything or take forever to load.

Do you have an Open NAT? If so then it could be a browser issue as to why they don't load correctly so clear the browser cache/cookies and see if it works then please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have an Open NAT? If so then it could be a browser issue as to why they don't load correctly so clear the browser cache/cookies and see if it works then please.

clearing the browser cache fixed it, thanks! I deactivated auto ping host, and set my two friends on the allow list. But that doesnt worse the gaming experience, right?

I have set the ping assist to 0 because at the moment it works, or should i still put it to 50 just in case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

something very odd is happening:

(Almost) every game i get its working perfectly fine. But when I log out of netduma, and turn off my mac, i don't get a single good game. Every game i lag all over the place, and then i get kicked out for losing connection to the host/server.

Then I booted up my mac and logged in to see what was the problem: it didnt show anything. So I had good games again (1 out of ten i lagged out)

"weird" I thought, logged out and turned off the mac. And then Every game i joined i lost connection to host and i lagged out. 

I dont know if this was a coincidence, or what is causing this issue? It's really weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, as seen on the screenshot, i allowed my two friends. But we have ps4 party issues (have to rejoin multiple times for it to work). Is there a fix to this?

also, I always get extremely laggy games when I connect to that one server in Italy. It's very close to where I live so i am a little bit confused why the connection is so bad. Or might it be another mislocated server?

thanks!

FireShot Capture 010 - Geo-Filter - DumaOS - routerlogin.net.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you were experiencing lag only when your Mac was turned off?

When you say you "logged out of dumaos" did you actually press anything to log out, or just close the browser window? DumaOS should continue to apply your settings even if you're not looking at it. The fact that you weren't looking at the Geo-Filter shouldn't have affected it's functionality. It makes me wonder if it was more to do with the fact that the Mac was connected...

Regarding the PS4 party issue, it might be because we have some PlayStation servers that need whitelisting. The fact that you had to quit and rejoin probably meant that it was checking different servers. This is something we'll have to fix in a cloud update.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

So you were experiencing lag only when your Mac was turned off?

 

When The mac was turned off, while i was in a party with my friends, every game was laggy.

 

32 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

When you say you "logged out of dumaos" did you actually press anything to log out, or just close the browser window?

 

I pressed the log out button

32 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

The fact that you weren't looking at the Geo-Filter shouldn't have affected it's functionality. It makes me wonder if it was more to do with the fact that the Mac was connected

 

Yes that is really weird. I really dont know what could be the cause. But at the moment I also get lags when the mac is turned on and i am playing with friends. Alone i rarely get lags.

 

34 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Regarding the PS4 party issue, it might be because we have some PlayStation servers that need whitelisting. The fact that you had to quit and rejoin probably meant that it was checking different servers. This is something we'll have to fix in a cloud update.

 

Oh okay that makes perfect sense. Ok cool great to hear that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: now even after countless times rejoining I still can’t talk to my friends in ps4 party chats. Something changed again and it doesn’t work at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vewxi said:

EDIT: now even after countless times rejoining I still can’t talk to my friends in ps4 party chats. Something changed again and it doesn’t work at all

I have no idea what would have changed, unless they did a PS4 Software Update since last time we talked. I think it might because Sony uses different servers for party chat at different times, and perhaps we have one group whitelisted but not another.

If you see servers popping up in America while you talk to friends, make sure to whitelist them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I selected auto ping host, so when we were in a party that server would show up in the bottom right tab. I allowed it, but it still didnt work unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I will do that, thanks!

can you please Tell me why all of the sudden i get connected to servers / peers outside my radius (they have a dotted outline circle now)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but even if I turn it off (I assume by putting the ping assist to zero) I still get the dotted circles

i put the ping assist test wise at 20 and I get connected to Madrid and south of England, I don’t think I have such a low ping on such a distance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that sounds broken. It shouldn't continue to show Ping Assisted servers when Ping Assist is turned to 0.

In previous cases of this happening i've suggested downgrading to the first firmware (which didn't have ping assist) and then upgrading again, which reinstalls ping assist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay but down and upgrading doesn’t delete my internet connection settings? It was really hard setting it up for it to work 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...