Jump to content
kinel

trying to fix lagcomp expiriment

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, logicalowl said:

Pc's, on duma it only shows me peers. i have connected once to a dedi server.

oh, ok I'm in the US and I found the dedi servers there. On about every game I play even on diffrent dedi severs it uses the 3074 port first, I pretty sure thats xbox live and then it kicks over to port 3075.  that's what the UPnP is showing on the xr700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can Someone make it simple please and List the rules that have worked and the most important. PS4 rules 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ksubi said:

Can Someone make it simple please and List the rules that have worked and the most important. PS4 rules 

i agree i think its to cluttered atm, maybe we could get like a more simplified version for people that aren't network enthusiast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 hours ago, ksubi said:

Can Someone make it simple please and List the rules that have worked and the most important. PS4 rules 

Slick rick i posted in a previous thread how to do it for you hers how to  

Logicowl this is for you as well

Try this  you have to make 4 rules 

Rule 1  source 3074-3075  destination  30000-45000 udp protocol

Rule 2 source 30000-45000   destination 3074-3075  udp protocol 

Rule 3 Source  3074-3075    destination  3100-3150  udp protocol

Rule 4  source 3100-3150  destination 3074-3075 udp protocol 

Put these into traffic priortization  all four of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, logicalowl said:

i agree i think its to cluttered atm, maybe we could get like a more simplified version for people that aren't network enthusiast.

Kinel has the 4 rules above but I think (and happy to be corrected) you don’t enter these into port forward or trigger.

Enter only in traffic prioritise.

I've never done anything with tcp rules but I’m trying a few shortly to see if that helps. I’m not expecting anything thou.

but definitely the 4 rules help with hit reg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... let’s make a brief of all the information on this topic that “seems” to work.

4 rules of traffic prioritation

Rule 1  source 3074-3075  destination  30000-45000 udp protocol

Rule 2 source 30000-45000   destination 3074-3075  udp protocol 

Rule 3 Source  3074-3075    destination  3100-3150  udp protocol

 Rule 4  source 3100-3150  destination 3074-3075 udp protocol

Antibufferbloat off

Game ping between 45 and 65ms (usually this means playing with people out of your country)

 

feel free to copy-paste and complete this message

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Grafti said:

So... let’s make a brief of all the information on this topic that “seems” to work.

4 rules of traffic prioritation

Rule 1  source 3074-3075  destination  30000-45000 udp protocol

Rule 2 source 30000-45000   destination 3074-3075  udp protocol 

Rule 3 Source  3074-3075    destination  3100-3150  udp protocol

 Rule 4  source 3100-3150  destination 3074-3075 udp protocol

Antibufferbloat off

Game ping between 45 and 65ms (usually this means playing with people out of your country)

 

feel free to copy-paste and complete this message

I suppose those ports are for pc, PS4 and Xbox one. I already use those ports for PS4. But I am not sure if the antibufferbloat must be disabled. I saw on another post from Ghost that he use the antibufferbloat and the bars are to 98% for both. I tested this yesterday. I have the feeling that is better with this settings. I think that every one must test it and play with the slide bars until he find the best settings on that. Maybe on some people it better to have it disabled and on some other people enabled. We must not forget that every one have a different connection and a different local network. For example I have 11 device connected so the QoS for me is very important! For another one that have only 2-3 device maybe it will work better if is disabled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These ports quoted technically can't even work. Whenever I watch MW traffic on wireshark I get a source port in the 60.000 range and a destination in the 30.000 range. They are changing every time however source stays the same every time you start the game.

 

So for gameplay traffic implementing 3074 in your ports doesn't seem to make a difference. I think it's only used by Demonware for matchmaking.

 

That's why I just stick with the Games Console classification if it's for PS4 / Xbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bert said:

These ports quoted technically can't even work. Whenever I watch MW traffic on wireshark I get a source port in the 60.000 range and a destination in the 30.000 range. They are changing every time however source stays the same every time you start the game.

 

So for gameplay traffic implementing 3074 in your ports doesn't seem to make a difference. I think it's only used by Demonware for matchmaking.

 

That's why I just stick with the Games Console classification if it's for PS4 / Xbox.

if the range is between 30000 and 60000 shouldn't we use that instead of 30000-45000? i might be wrong but has any one tried?'

 

Edit: nevermind they are 2 completely different types. so thats useless.

 

How do you get wireshark to work on pc because when i open it, it crashes my game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use internet sharing and run my console through my PC.

 

But I think you can make it work by renaming the executable file.

 

From what I see you're better off prioritizing something like source 60.000-65.000 destination 30.000-40.000.

 

Better is the actual ports but you have to change your QoS every time you enter a new lobby.

 

I checked on my setup with the default QoS option and the hitreg is really fine. If you experience delays it's in the game not in your router.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bert said:

I use internet sharing and run my console through my PC.

 

But I think you can make it work by renaming the executable file.

 

From what I see you're better off prioritizing something like source 60.000-65.000 destination 30.000-40.000.

 

Better is the actual ports but you have to change your QoS every time you enter a new lobby.

 

I checked on my setup with the default QoS option and the hitreg is really fine. If you experience delays it's in the game not in your router.

Im gonna try some stuff out and see what feels the best! Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bert said:

These ports quoted technically can't even work. Whenever I watch MW traffic on wireshark I get a source port in the 60.000 range and a destination in the 30.000 range. They are changing every time however source stays the same every time you start the game.

 

So for gameplay traffic implementing 3074 in your ports doesn't seem to make a difference. I think it's only used by Demonware for matchmaking.

 

That's why I just stick with the Games Console classification if it's for PS4 / Xbox.

Bert is correct about the ports change every game  but the game uses 3-4 ports every game

I have mentioned this myself about the ports change every game before

So thats why i recomend using ranges because  the ports change all the time but it stays within these ranges

But you most remembrr  that these are the ports i found that the game was using for me

If you guys was testing it with network monitor  on lder firmware  yours may be a bit diffrent

Also because i am usin the old  firmware   i have to put the ports into traffic priortization  separate  one at a time 

Because  the older firmware  dosent support  port ranges

I prefer to put the ports in indavidually but its a lot of ports and you have to check every game you play what ports are being used

Its very time consuming to do all tghis every game

Also it shows the ports the game uses in the upnp screen for some people but it only shows the low ranges ports the ones i posted between 3100-3500 udp

Formyself now it dosnt show them no more  it was showing them then i port forward the ports  not recomended

Then i rebooted router  and it stoped showing them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 5:14 PM, progprogprog said:

press enter once you have filled in the ip address 

login as: root

Then paste this into putty

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root netem delay 200ms

tc qdisc change dev eth0 root netem delay 200ms

use the bottom script to change the latency to something other than 200ms

e.g 50ms

Tried this over the last couple of days with different delays and it made absolutely no difference whatsoever. Black Ops 4 still played like crap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kinel said:

Bert is correct about the ports change every game  but the game uses 3-4 ports every game

I have mentioned this myself about the ports change every game before

So thats why i recomend using ranges because  the ports change all the time but it stays within these ranges

But you most remembrr  that these are the ports i found that the game was using for me

If you guys was testing it with network monitor  on lder firmware  yours may be a bit diffrent

Also because i am usin the old  firmware   i have to put the ports into traffic priortization  separate  one at a time 

Because  the older firmware  dosent support  port ranges

I prefer to put the ports in indavidually but its a lot of ports and you have to check every game you play what ports are being used

Its very time consuming to do all tghis every game

Also it shows the ports the game uses in the upnp screen for some people but it only shows the low ranges ports the ones i posted between 3100-3500 udp

Formyself now it dosnt show them no more  it was showing them then i port forward the ports  not recomended

Then i rebooted router  and it stoped showing them

what firmware is this exactly so I can put it on my router

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ksubi said:

what firmware is this exactly so I can put it on my router

Its the original netdumar1  firware  1 .03. 6J

for me its the firware that has premptive or reactive algorithm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 5:14 PM, progprogprog said:

press enter once you have filled in the ip address 

login as: root

Then paste this into putty

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root netem delay 200ms

tc qdisc change dev eth0 root netem delay 200ms

use the bottom script to change the latency to something other than 200ms

e.g 50ms

im just wandering would any of these do this

Show and Use Advanced Configuration. Advanced options will only be used as long as this box is checked.
 
Squash DSCP on inbound packets (ingress):                  squash    do not sqaush options
 
Ignore DSCP on ingress:                    ignore or allow  options
 
Explicit congestion notification (ECN) status on inbound packets (ingress):              ecn or no ecn options
 
Explicit congestion notification (ECN) status on outbound packets (egress).            No ecn  or ecn options
 
Show and Use Dangerous Configuration. Dangerous options will only be used as long as this box is checked.
 
Hard limit on ingress queues; leave empty for default.__________________________________________________________
 

Hard limit on egress queues; leave empty for default._________________________________________________________________

 

I wonder if its in thesesettings down here
Latency target for ingress, e.g 5ms [units: s, ms, or us]; leave empty for automatic selection, put in the word default for the qdisc's default.______________________________
 

Latency target for egress, e.g. 5ms [units: s, ms, or us]; leave empty for automatic selection, put in the word default for the qdisc's default.________________________________

 

 
Advanced option string to pass to the ingress queueing disciplines; no error checking, use very carefully. _____________________________________
 
Advanced option string to pass to the egress queueing disciplines; no error checking, use very carefully.  __________________________________________
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine this would take effect while the line is under load as I've tried it before but saw no diffrence in latency

But netem will give you consistent latency increase

The main problem is MW I so inconsistent any of these change may work for one match but it comes back to bite you in the end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have at look at this very intresting thread

i want to try this tomorow when i get my new tp link archer c7

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root pfifo limit 3

any one know how to get pfifo on openwrrt

i know its on the dumar os aka traffic prirtization 

but you cant limit the packet size

I know you could get it from Chaos calmer in the past as i just read that

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 5:14 PM, progprogprog said:

press enter once you have filled in the ip address 

login as: root

Then paste this into putty

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root netem delay 200ms

tc qdisc change dev eth0 root netem delay 200ms

use the bottom script to change the latency to something other than 200ms

e.g 50ms

Do you know how you do this for ingress as this script is for egress

Ingress =download and egress=upload for any one wandering

As i noticd what ever i type in it doubles it  if i type in 15 ms it gives a 30 ms delay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi kinel

I think you have to take into account your base ping!

e.g base ping is say 10ms

if you type into netem 15ms you will see 25ms on the duma ping graph or there abouts to your nearest server

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, progprogprog said:

hi kinel

I think you have to take into account your base ping!

e.g base ping is say 10ms

if you type into netem 15ms you will see 25ms on the duma ping graph or there abouts to your nearest server

If my base ping is 10ms then i type in 15ms into netem it dosent give me 25ms like you explained it gives me 40ms

What ever value i type in it doubles it then adds my base ping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kinel said:

If my base ping is 10ms then i type in 15ms into netem it dosent give me 25ms like you explained it gives me 40ms

What ever value i type in it doubles it then adds my base ping

then it's probably doing what wtfast does , measuring the ping in a round trip. so if it takes 15ms to get there and 15ms back thats 30ms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 1:11 AM, kinel said:

 

Slick rick i posted in a previous thread how to do it for you hers how to  

Logicowl this is for you as well

Try this  you have to make 4 rules 

Rule 1  source 3074-3075  destination  30000-45000 udp protocol

Rule 2 source 30000-45000   destination 3074-3075  udp protocol 

Rule 3 Source  3074-3075    destination  3100-3150  udp protocol

Rule 4  source 3100-3150  destination 3074-3075 udp protocol 

Put these into traffic priortization  all four of them

I think I got mine figured out with wireshark and some  help from you guys, my traffic prioritization light only comes on when the match starts which is what I was trying to do. tks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slickrick6922 said:

I think I got mine figured out with wireshark and some  help from you guys, my traffic prioritization light only comes on when the match starts which is what I was trying to do. tks for the help.

The light is trigerred by the ports you prioritize. 

This is also how you know that what you instructed the router to do is actually taking effect. 

The TP definitely works better than ABB for me as the gaming packets/ports are 100% prioritized and your other devices in use cannot affect your gameplay at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...