BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020

GHOST-1-EC

2 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

My setup: Isp Modem/Router > XR500 > PS4 (via ethernet) + 4 other devices connected via wifi. 

My PS4 has a reserved static ip address, i use UPNP only, no DMZ, Port Forwarding or Port Triggering as this will cause the range overlaps that you are experiencing. 

I have increased my Qos advanced / manual rules to 10 by 10 - 20 in total (Source > Destination Ports and Destination > Source Ports - I only use the UDP protocol) 

All rules created are taken from several wireshark captures i did for BO4, Modern Warfare and even tested Apex for a forum member who asked me for help. 

Unfortunately i dont have the R1 or a PC or Xbox to test which ports are priority on them. 

ABB were set to 98%/98% and then set to 'Never' which illiminates the sliders settings. 

Qos bandwith flower has the PS4 receiving 40% on both the upload and download with 'Share Excess' disabled. 

With all of these settings i still most importantly have to have the correct loadout on my weapons and play the correct lines on the map - spawn prediction where possible and playing behind the UAV and Dead Silence and other perks or streaks. 

Hope this info helps you or anyone else having issues. 

Thank you! 

Not too much different from me. I've tried to do the priority ports but you can't on the R1 because if you put a range of ports and save the rule, it doesn't show the actual port range in the saved rule. Looks like a formatting issue. When you try to put another range it says it overlaps. I assume it's because the firmware reads it as the same range. 

16 minutes ago, Corbula said:

Thank you! 

Not too much different from me. I've tried to do the priority ports but you can't on the R1 because if you put a range of ports and save the rule, it doesn't show the actual port range in the saved rule. Looks like a formatting issue. When you try to put another range it says it overlaps. I assume it's because the firmware reads it as the same range. 

If i remember correctly @kinelmentioned the correct way to do it on the R1 - i think u have to go back to the routers default firmware (i'm subject to correction on this). 

Hopefully he sees the tag and sheds some light on the issue as he has the R1 and has successfully prioritized game specific ports in the R1's hyperlane aka advanced qos rules. 

14 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

To be very honest i dont think that this is as big an issue as its made out to be....... i stream all the Top Cod Pros and some of the Big name Youtubers. 

Pros followed on twitch stream are Scump, Formal, Gunless, Attach, Apathy, Octane, Crimsix, Illey, Dashy, Crowder, Clayster... etc. 

Youtubers followed on either twitch or youtube, Dr Disrespect, K3, Swagg, Pamaj, Shroud, Nadeshot, TSM..... etc. 

These guys do not play in lobbies with a ping higher than 42ms as a worse case scenario

Their average ping to pub servers ranges between 15ms to 25ms as a best case scenario 

In custom matches where the tickrate is capped to 12hz i have seen various ping figures from 15ms to as high as 75ms depending on where the host player is based in relation to the connecting players. 

The game players fine for them, and they play it at a very high level which is alot faster and precise in relation to the general public. 

Well, we all know that CoD netCode is one of the most impredictable things on this world.
Lobbies between 45-65ms work great for me, and some users in this forum feel the same. The only tweak in my router that I can assure that works is this one indeed. Other tweaks may help, but I don't have the conviction that they really make a difference.
If those youtubers play in very low ping lobbies and they get good results, good fo them, but when I play in those lobbies (usually lobbies in my own country), I'm always a second behind, and I play like trash. Maybe it depends on wich country are you playing.
I'll put an example: when I first read in this forum that lobbies closer to 50ms were great, I had my doubts, but one or two days ago I saw a video of a spanish youtuber (like me) in wich he explained that the game nearly always put him in lobbies against middle europe players and they were fine, but the times that he played against spaniards were a total disaster. so I decided to give it a try... and well, you can see that it was fine for me.

Moreover... can you (or anybody) please tell me how the hz work in a server? Because I don't have the minimmum idea of what you mean when you say "tickrate is capped to 12 hz".

Thank you in advance

2 hours ago, Grafti said:

Moreover... can you (or anybody) please tell me how the hz work in a server? Because I don't have the minimmum idea of what you mean when you say "tickrate is capped to 12 hz".

Thank you in advance

Tick rate is the frequency with which the server updates the game state. This is measured in Hertz. When a server has a tick rate of 64, it means that it is capable of sending packets to clients at most 64 times per second.

Thats about the easiest explanation of 'server tickrate'

23 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Short 10 piece clip of me playin it slow n a touch campy 😂

Bullet reg and enemy tracking on point

Qos doin it thing!! 

Oh and the gun is M4 - Colt SMG conversion. 

Nice!!

Settings?

4 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I posted it slightly above on this same page........mine however are for the servers that i connect to.

I’m a bit new in this topic and I’m q bit lost😅

I have de dumaos beta firmware On my R1 and range of ports peioritation on Qos, but I have heard that some users are prioritating the ports that the game is using just in that momment, but I don’t know how to guess wich ones are and how to do the tweak quicky. Is that what you are doing? Wich version of firmware?

Just now, Grafti said:

I’m a bit new in this topic and I’m q bit lost😅

I have de dumaos beta firmware On my R1 and range of ports peioritation on Qos, but I have heard that some users are prioritating the ports that the game is using just in that momment, but I don’t know how to guess wich ones are and how to do the tweak quicky. Is that what you are doing? Wich version of firmware?

I have the XR500....... i used wireshark to capture the communication between the PS4 and the Server/s i connect to in BO4 and Modern Warfare then created 20 Advanced/Manual QOS rules.

For the R1 @kinel would be able to assist you as he has the exact way in which to do it on the R1.

I do not however use port ranges......mine are done individually as they will remain consistent on the servers i connect to using ping assist in the Geo-Filter. 

2 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I have the XR500....... i used wireshark to capture the communication between the PS4 and the Server/s i connect to in BO4 and Modern Warfare then created 20 Advanced/Manual QOS rules.

For the R1 @kinel would be able to assist you as he has the exact way in which to do it on the R1.

I do not however use port ranges......mine are done individually as they will remain consistent on the servers i connect to using ping assist in the Geo-Filter. 

Ok...

I think I should read all the topic, because I even don’t know what wireshark is. I tried to connect my xbox through my PC to try some tweaks, but I’m having connection issues and, moreover, seems that those tweaks are not easy to do... open firmware on routers... linux (wich I don’t have the minimum idea of how to use it)... et 

Thank you very much!

6 hours ago, kinel said:

Graffiti did you get the help  just wandering if you need help pm me

Graffiti?? 😂😂😂
No... My nickname has nothing to do with Graffitis. Just a lot of years ago I was trying to create an account somewhere in Internet. Due that all the nicks I tried were catched, I got angry and I slapped the keyboard with my hand 😂. The word that appeared on screan was something very similar to Grafti, so I though "grafti... grafti... Ok, I like it" and it was a nickname always available in every site, so I kept the nick till today for internet login 😀.

Returning to main theme... at this time I haven't had enough time to read all the topic, so I still don't know how to begin. But I really appreciate your help. I'll ask you personally for your help when the momment comes. ¡¡Thank you very much!!

for people playing on pc

thats a screenshot from netlimiter.. you can choose your application.. expand it and can see all connections

for all:

on start... the game ping all game servers at once.. to check if they where avaible

after the connections from pinging are closed you will see only 

the auth server  with port 3074 udp and 3074 TCP (this server will always get pinged and will send and recive Pakets)

battlenet ingame textchat/notification server with TCP 1119 (PC only)

Matchmarking server. in this screenshot is UDP 44930 and will change every game start

wenn you join a game.. another Server connection will open.. this is your actuall game Server (in this Screenshot 146.0.255.75 with port 31610 UDP

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt.PNG

3.PNG

the auth Server is always get pinged and you will send and recive pakets.. even if you are on  a game

so with your rule start: 3074-3074 destination 3074-3074 your netduma will always prio the auth pakets

the secound ruleset is udp start 3074 dest 30000-45000 udp.. your gameserver

the mistake here is 2 prios at the same Time.. you only need to prio Port range 30000-45000..

the auth server will interfere becouse its always pinged and will send and recive pakets.. thats the reason the games profils didnt work.. and range 1-65535 dosnt will work too

i had the best hour of gameplay only prio

start 3074 dest 30000-45000 udp

becouse all you need is your data to the gameserver and nothing else

you dont need your authentification data priorisized..or the data for Challenges and so on.. all you need is your aktuell game traffic

i had a very good evening playing COD.. good hitdetection and no shot first die first moments...

later SBMM kicks in.. it was to sweaty.. only m4a1, shotgun .. mp5/mp7 and camping.. so i think i have to reverse bosting tomorow..

Anti BB OFF

Share Disabled

my gaming PC 10mbit down and 10Mbit Up

only prio rule 

UDP - Start (3074:3074) - Destination (30000:45000)

can anyone look at this ad tell me how to set up traffic prioritize?                                                                                                                                                      Frame 88140: 74 bytes on wire (592 bits), 74 bytes captured (592 bits) on interface 0
Ethernet II, Src: Microsof_99:2a:10 (2c:54:91:99:2a:10), Dst: HewlettP_2a:55:9b (a0:8c:fd:2a:55:9b)
Internet Protocol Version 4, Src: 192.168.1.3, Dst: 108.61.125.78
User Datagram Protocol, Src Port: 3075, Dst Port: 30090
Data (32 bytes)88125    993.830639    192.168.1.3    488127    994.491697    40.90.10.180    192.168.1.3    TLSv1.2    614    Application Data0.90.10.180    TCP    60    50494 → 88128    994.493742    192.168.1.3    40.90.10.180    TCP    60    50494 → 443 [ACK] Seq=1 Ack=105078 Win=1019 Len=0443 [ACK] Seq=1 Ack=104518 Win=1021 Le88127    994.498813488135    996.317894    192.168.1.3    40.90.10.180    TCP    60    50494 → 443 [ACK] Seq=1 Ack=105614 Win=1024 Len=0    996.315413    40.988140    999.721715    192.168.1.3    108.61.125.78    UDP    74    3075 → 30090 Len=320.10.180    192.168.1.3    TLSv1.2    590    Application Data1697    40.90.10.180    192.1688142    999.767337    108.61.125.78    192.168.1.3    UDP    74    30090 → 3075 Len=328.88141    999.767300    108.61.125.78    192.16888143    999.769288    192.168.1.3    108.61.125.78    UDP    74    3075 → 30090 Len=32.1.3    UDP    74    30090 → 3075 Len=321.3    TLSv1.2    614       I just hooked up wireshark to xbox through my pc, I cant figure out how to copy the whole page that would be easier to decipher. lol

16 minutes ago, slickrick6922 said:

192.168.1.3    108.61.125.78    UDP    74    3075 → 30090 Len=32.1.3    UDP    74    300903075

1.Source port - Start: 3075 End: 3075

Destination port - Start: 30090 End: 30090

2. Source port - Start: 30090 End: 30090

Destination port - Start: 3075 End: 3075

Try and do more captures from different lobbies then add them in the same sequence as above. 

this may be easier t

22 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

1.Source port - Start: 3075 End: 3075

Destination port - Start: 30090 End: 30090

2. Source port - Start: 30090 End: 30090

Destination port - Start: 3075 End: 3075

Try and do more captures from different lobbies then add them in the same sequence as above. 

that worked thank you!

On 11/24/2019 at 8:40 AM, kinel said:

Ghost and east and everyone else

Read this you might find it intresting

I dowgraded to my old firmware  what has network monitor  

So i can see what ports the games uses exactly

There is always 3 ports in use  at all time playing cod mw 

The first for me it is 3074  i am on ps4

The second port stays the same untill you restart game  this is the data centre or matchmaking server  mine changes because theres loads of dedis  near me so there loads to pick from in uk 

The third port changes every new lobby thats why you see new  players every game

This is for ghost

you say you connect to port 30550 i think it was everytime to me that seems correct this would be your data centre or matchmaking

These ports  30550 should show even if your not in a game go to the scrren that you pick game mode 

Try using wireshark then and it should show you its using it even when your not in a game

Then you need the third set of ports 

From what i seen you post i  dont think wireshark can show them maybe the pc\ firewall is blocking them

This is my exerience from using network monitor  on old  firmware 

Btw  since i put in the ports my hit detection is brilliant but i kknd of knew  it would as i have done this for previous cod titles

Btw ghost i also found 30550 port but it was the second of 3 ports needed

I have a load of ports written down if you want me to post them

Can you tell me what fw you are using and is for the R1 or the the XR500? I'm interested in what you guys are doing with all of this investigating as I do not play MW but blackout rather and maybe some of this will work with that game. I posted in community discussion I believe and calling all blackout players and no one responded at all. I've been following all of ya'lls threads cause no one has ever come close to getting shit done around here for any cod game. So I love where all of your guys heads are at? I want to as well be able to see what ports are being used cause I have all of them open in traffic prio (the ones listed in port forward.com that is) Killcams are off by a sec insta deaths 95% of the time, etc, etc. 

12 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Can you tell me what fw you are using and is for the R1 or the the XR500? I'm interested in what you guys are doing with all of this investigating as I do not play MW but blackout rather and maybe some of this will work with that game. I posted in community discussion I believe and calling all blackout players and no one responded at all. I've been following all of ya'lls threads cause no one has ever come close to getting shit done around here for any cod game. So I love where all of your guys heads are at? I want to as well be able to see what ports are being used cause I have all of them open in traffic prio (the ones listed in port forward.com that is) Killcams are off by a sec insta deaths 95% of the time, etc, etc. 

I have the XR500 with PS4 with upnp enabled (no port forwarding) and of course manual qos rules - with no anti bufferbloat enabled. 

I use the .40 firmware. 

Setting up your connection is fairly easy once you know which ports are being used on the specific server/s you connect to. 

In this and other threads is the specific process u can follow to gain the information regarding the ports needed.

12 hours ago, slickrick6922 said:

1942765406_warksharkports.thumb.jpg.3c10d1853912532785faeb1ec08d47c0.jpgwhat do I do about these end numbers changing?

Can u post another pic which shows the server and device ip's when u are playing a match. 

With that i'll be able to see the fixed port being used. 

• GHOST-1-EC changed the title to BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020