BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020

GHOST-1-EC

2 hours ago, kinel said:

Slickrick click the link above post frome me

then scroll dow to a  members post called RL317  he shows exactly jow you should do it you cou could do it in ranges or indavidually 

RL317 do them in ranges

I would take his advice as he knows about this stuff more than me

Plus he ws the one who advised me how to do it correctly

tks. I see his post showing a bunch of numbers like  3163- 3074,  is that how you put them in,  backwards?

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great, what do you think is causing it?

IDK if its the same for everyone,  but my xr700 wasn't pining the host even if I picked them,  I went to the in -game settings in the new cod and made my ip address where its  not hidden and it works every time now. I read some where here on the forum someone asking why they cant see other players too,  thats probably why.

• Administrators
Just now, slickrick6922 said:

IDK if its the same for everyone,  but my xr700 wasn't pining the host even if I picked them,  I went to the in -game settings in the new cod and made my ip address where its  not hidden and it works every time now.

That is very interesting thank you, I'll make sure the team knows about this and will suggest it to others also.

21 hours ago, slickrick6922 said:

tks. I see his post showing a bunch of numbers like  3163- 3074,  is that how you put them in,  backwards?

slickrick click here this should help you ive posted 3 ways you can do it here

i reccomend trying the 3 rd option

Its about 5 posts down

• 2 weeks later...

Been a busy week at the office, had little time to game but when i did jump on, everything still felt as good as when i last played. 

Using ping assist at 50ms instead of geofilter in this gameplay......this was a <42ms lobby. 

With no cloud update i'm still stuck playing <58ms lobbies majority of the time. 

ABB set to 'Never' - using manual qos rules specifically for the servers i connect to.

Enjoy!! 

13 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Been a busy week at the office, had little time to game but when i did jump on, everything still felt as good as when i last played. 

Using ping assist at 50ms instead of geofilter in this gameplay......this was a <42ms lobby. 

With no cloud update i'm still stuck playing <58ms lobbies majority of the time. 

ABB set to 'Never' - using manual qos rules specifically for the servers i connect to.

Enjoy!! 

I have everything as you except the ABB. I tried to play with this function off but my game it was not so good. I have the feeling that it’s better on... I saw your video!!! Nice job my friend!!! Keep crushing them!!!!

9 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

I have everything as you except the ABB. I tried to play with this function off but my game it was not so good. I have the feeling that it’s better on... I saw your video!!! Nice job my friend!!! Keep crushing them!!!!

Thanx bud.... i initially started with ABB activated and i honestly had no issues but the moment i put it off i instantly felt the difference...... i would also suggest using ping assist instead of the  geofilter radius for consistency in yr lobby experience from match to match. 

17 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Thanx bud.... i initially started with ABB activated and i honestly had no issues but the moment i put it off i instantly felt the difference...... i would also suggest using ping assist instead of the  geofilter radius for consistency in yr lobby experience from match to match. 

I'm jealous, I wish I could get gameplay like this. Tried a bunch of different things and I just can't seem to improve it any. 

3 minutes ago, Corbula said:

I'm jealous, I wish I could get gameplay like this. Tried a bunch of different things and I just can't seem to improve it any. 

Its all good bud..... this wasnt my best but it was fun trying out the mp7 for the first time with like 3 useful attachments unlocked on it. 

Everyones gameplay will be dependent on how well they have optimized their connection. 

For me, mine is an ongoing work in progress........once i get used to a connection 'feel', i always try something new to push the level i play at. 

I enjoy competing in local tournaments tho to see wher i fit in. 

9 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Its all good bud..... this wasnt my best but it was fun trying out the mp7 for the first time with like 3 useful attachments unlocked on it. 

Everyones gameplay will be dependent on how well they have optimized their connection. 

For me, mine is an ongoing work in progress........once i get used to a connection 'feel', i always try something new to push the level i play at. 

I enjoy competing in local tournaments tho to see wher i fit in. 

Yea, my k/d is 0.84 I think at the moment but that drops everytime I play due to some of the bs it throws my way, always being behind people. 

1 hour ago, Corbula said:

Yea, my k/d is 0.84 I think at the moment but that drops everytime I play due to some of the bs it throws my way, always being behind people. 

This game by default is probably the most difficult Cod game ever to master off the bat...... and having a crappy connection makes it 10x worse. 

Hopefully your connection improves and the devs make some good changes to the game to make it more player friendly (anti camping). 

22 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

This game by default is probably the most difficult Cod game ever to master off the bat...... and having a crappy connection makes it 10x worse. 

Hopefully your connection improves and the devs make some good changes to the game to make it more player friendly (anti camping). 

I actually think I'm on a pretty good connection, it's fibre (in the UK) and on ping plotter get about 17ms ping. 

3 minutes ago, Corbula said:

I actually think I'm on a pretty good connection, it's fibre (in the UK) and on ping plotter get about 17ms ping. 

Thats a very good connection indeed.... realistically you shouldn't be having any issues but this game has thrown almost everyone a curve ball..... my best ping was around 20-25ms but that was in the Beta..... unfortunately i cant connect to those servers anymore for some reason and the infamous cloud update is just not happening either. 

My current ping will vary between 40-60ms depending on the game and the server/s i'm being connected to. 

7 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Thats a very good connection indeed.... realistically you shouldn't be having any issues but this game has thrown almost everyone a curve ball..... my best ping was around 20-25ms but that was in the Beta..... unfortunately i cant connect to those servers anymore for some reason and the infamous cloud update is just not happening either. 

My current ping will vary between 40-60ms depending on the game and the server/s i'm being connected to. 

Yea I put it down to bad netcode on infinity ward's part, and their lag compensation. It doesn't seem to matter about my ping any more, just however the game wants to punish me. 

I haven't had the last couple of CODS but had every one from COD 4 right up to I think advanced warfare. And never had a k/d below one, usually around 1.2-1.3. 

1 hour ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

What's your setup? Do you just use ping assist or have you done other things like priority ports and things? I've tried this but you can't do it properly on the original R1 as you have to do source and destination ports separately and you get the error for overlaps. 

55 minutes ago, Corbula said:

What's your setup? Do you just use ping assist or have you done other things like priority ports and things? I've tried this but you can't do it properly on the original R1 as you have to do source and destination ports separately and you get the error for overlaps. 

I think the key is the ms of the server you are connected to. Make sure that you have 50-60ms to the server (what I do is setting my geophilter in a country around 1500-2000 kms from my locarion). Games under 40ms or above 75-80 are pure trash.

2 hours ago, Corbula said:

My setup: Isp Modem/Router > XR500 > PS4 (via ethernet) + 4 other devices connected via wifi. 

My PS4 has a reserved static ip address, i use UPNP only, no DMZ, Port Forwarding or Port Triggering as this will cause the range overlaps that you are experiencing. 

I have increased my Qos advanced / manual rules to 10 by 10 - 20 in total (Source > Destination Ports and Destination > Source Ports - I only use the UDP protocol) 

All rules created are taken from several wireshark captures i did for BO4, Modern Warfare and even tested Apex for a forum member who asked me for help. 

Unfortunately i dont have the R1 or a PC or Xbox to test which ports are priority on them. 

ABB were set to 98%/98% and then set to 'Never' which illiminates the sliders settings. 

Qos bandwith flower has the PS4 receiving 40% on both the upload and download with 'Share Excess' disabled. 

With all of these settings i still most importantly have to have the correct loadout on my weapons and play the correct lines on the map - spawn prediction where possible and playing behind the UAV and Dead Silence and other perks or streaks. 

Hope this info helps you or anyone else having issues. 

2 hours ago, Grafti said:

I think the key is the ms of the server you are connected to. Make sure that you have 50-60ms to the server (what I do is setting my geophilter in a country around 1500-2000 kms from my locarion). Games under 40ms or above 75-80 are pure trash.

To be very honest i dont think that this is as big an issue as its made out to be....... i stream all the Top Cod Pros and some of the Big name Youtubers. 

Pros followed on twitch stream are Scump, Formal, Gunless, Attach, Apathy, Octane, Crimsix, Illey, Dashy, Crowder, Clayster... etc. 

Youtubers followed on either twitch or youtube, Dr Disrespect, K3, Swagg, Pamaj, Shroud, Nadeshot, TSM..... etc. 

These guys do not play in lobbies with a ping higher than 42ms as a worse case scenario

Their average ping to pub servers ranges between 15ms to 25ms as a best case scenario 

In custom matches where the tickrate is capped to 12hz i have seen various ping figures from 15ms to as high as 75ms depending on where the host player is based in relation to the connecting players. 

The game players fine for them, and they play it at a very high level which is alot faster and precise in relation to the general public. 

• GHOST-1-EC changed the title to BO4 / MW Gameplay and Settings 2019/2020