Jump to content
Cocoon992

What to do with lag compensation MW

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, slickrick6922 said:

on Xbox in cod you only use port 3074 to connect to x box live, then you will kick over to the cod servers.

Yeah, that's what I thought.  3074 is all you should need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, East said:

Yeah, that's what I thought.  3074 is all you should need. 

3074, isnt all you need if you want to play mw, online  , turn upnp off then back on. start the game but dont go into multi player lobby, at the top it say MW, right below that it will say connecting to xbox live.  now check upnp and see what port is open,  it will be 3074( that's MS live, but not the cod server).  now start a multi-player match and check upnp, if your on xbox it will probably be 3075. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I chose to play on location away from my home, so I get an in-game ping around 60, as this seems the sweetspot to combat lag compensation penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one question about anti Bufferbloat... for example if you set it 70% the rest of 30% goes to priority device?? I am little be confused... 🥴

then if it’s true why we set also bandwidth priority on the flower bellow??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes 60 is the sweet spot , having a low ping is a disadvantage. New Jersey has the best internet in the USA. So if you geo filter to there they are less likely to have high ping while you have 60+ making it so lag compensation works in your favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, oRaGaMi said:

Yes 60 is the sweet spot , having a low ping is a disadvantage. New Jersey has the best internet in the USA. So if you geo filter to there they are less likely to have high ping while you have 60+ making it so lag compensation works in your favor.

Being from North Europe and place Geofilter on Spain with 500km radius gives an in-game ping around 60.

Peer connection is playable, but I found Dedicated to be unplayable due to see first die first. I don't know why, but lag compensation works different here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in NY.  If I connect to that dedi in NY/NJ(I think it's actually in NJ) my ping is 8ms-11ms I have the worst experience.  I'm clearly a fraction of a second behind in every kill cam.  Now If I connect to a peer and have 50+ms ping I feel like I'm on even footing.    On a low ping I don't know how many times I put  half a mag into somebody to only have them turnaround and one shot me.  I just don't have that on higher ping connections.  

COD Netcode year after year supplies you with WTF moments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PUBzZz said:

I live in NY.  If I connect to that dedi in NY/NJ(I think it's actually in NJ) my ping is 8ms-11ms I have the worst experience.  I'm clearly a fraction of a second behind in every kill cam.  Now If I connect to a peer and have 50+ms ping I feel like I'm on even footing.    On a low ping I don't know how many times I put  half a mag into somebody to only have them turnaround and one shot me.  I just don't have that on higher ping connections.  

COD Netcode year after year supplies you with WTF moments.

What do you mean when your "footing"?

When you play on a peer connection, be sure you dont have the lowest or highest ping, but average ping is the key.

And some peer connection is described as peer connections, but are actually dedicated servers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Crysister said:

What do you mean when your "footing"?

When you play on a peer connection, be sure you dont have the lowest or highest ping, but average ping is the key.

And some peer connection is described as peer connections, but are actually dedicated servers.

I'm good fam but thanks for reading.  

"Footing" as in "Even Footing".  As in equal or fair.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

I have one question about anti Bufferbloat... for example if you set it 70% the rest of 30% goes to priority device?? I am little be confused... 🥴

then if it’s true why we set also bandwidth priority on the flower bellow??

Good question, that 30% doesn't go to prioritizing devices. It creates headroom so that it can prevent devices in your home using all your bandwidth which would cause you to lag. It's different to Bandwidth Allocation in that with this feature you can give devices different amounts of bandwidth based on your needs or leave it default as it will share the bandwidth among them equally and still let devices access more should they need it. Traffic Prioritization is what prioritizes devices/games and will ensure their packets are ahead of the network queue meaning very little jitter/spikes can occur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Good question, that 30% doesn't go to prioritizing devices. It creates headroom so that it can prevent devices in your home using all your bandwidth which would cause you to lag. It's different to Bandwidth Allocation in that with this feature you can give devices different amounts of bandwidth based on your needs or leave it default as it will share the bandwidth among them equally and still let devices access more should they need it. Traffic Prioritization is what prioritizes devices/games and will ensure their packets are ahead of the network queue meaning very little jitter/spikes can occur.

QoS is really only needed when having limit broadband or really many device on the internet at once. Having 1gbit/1gbit I just turn it off...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight I tried putting my location in the Irish Sea and geo filter to minimum with ping assist to 25ms. Connected fine to 3 games pretty quick with 16ms ping. Got owned on every game. first time this has happened. Put my location back to central UK and left ping assist at 25ms. connected to games in Northern Europe ping around 25-35 ms and things went back to normal and pretty even gameplay with nowhere near as many wtf moments. Those campers though, on domination with no captures, but I guess its always been this way. meh!!! Still enjoying it though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bagsta69 said:

Tonight I tried putting my location in the Irish Sea and geo filter to minimum with ping assist to 25ms. Connected fine to 3 games pretty quick with 16ms ping. Got owned on every game. first time this has happened. Put my location back to central UK and left ping assist at 25ms. connected to games in Northern Europe ping around 25-35 ms and things went back to normal and pretty even gameplay with nowhere near as many wtf moments. Those campers though, on domination with no captures, but I guess its always been this way. meh!!! Still enjoying it though. 

This reads to me that LC is a thing.  His experience at 16ms was much worst then at 25ms.  It's not definitive proof just incidental proof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...