Netduma Alex

XR700 Firmware Version 1.0.1.20 Released

17 minutes ago, Doughboy said:

Yes the router log in won’t come up

Are you able to access using 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net? Make sure you're accessing using an ethernet cable rather than WiFi.

I assume you did the factory reset from the interface before? You might need to try doing a factory reset using the button on the back, take a look at these instructions: https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-router

You can disable automatic updates from the Settings menu... Oh I see, but you're saying that it updates by itself when resetting?

Maybe unplug the WAN cable from the router, reset it, set it up, disable automatic updates, then plug it back in.

What don’t make sense is u can’t do it like u suggested so either I lose all my settings and server choices etc or I start from scratch just to make my router function like it’s supposed to. This update is terrible. 

I reset it to a earlier version of my router settings but it didn’t hold. Neither did me resetting the router. I’m gonna have to factory reset this and see what happens.