SBMM can’t be be defeated by xr500

ItsMrWes

I am convinced this router can’t do anything than any other great router can marketed for gaming. The fact that MW has skill based matchmaking and puts you in a different lobby each game defeats the xr500 and xr700 unfortunately. 

for the next year I will be putting the xr500 away and using the latest TP link or Asus router as they’ve faired great to me before. 

Actually it can place you on the servers in your geofilter.

When it comes to SBMM, this is dependant on playerbase etc. It can work in your favor or against you. Ie if there is an easier better suited lobby on another server, but you blocked it, it will throw you in a harder one on the server that you have chosen.

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

Actually it can place you on the servers in your geofilter.

When it comes to SBMM, this is dependant on playerbase etc. It can work in your favor or against you. Ie if there is an easier better suited lobby on another server, but you blocked it, it will throw you in a harder one on the server that you have chosen.

Makes zero sense if your adjusting to server or match. 

Yeah but I have seen that then people will connect to the server u are limited to even if they live a little further away. 

For example u are living in the UK then without Netduma u would search a game and get a lobby full of French players on the France (Paris) dedi server, but with Netduma geo-filter on u could get that same lobby but the host will be one of the dedi servers in the UK (London) so ur ping will be lower.

I play a lot at late night, then the netduma software on the router even forces USA players to connect to servers in Europe, but what I noticed on BO4 it is then almost always (like 9 out of 10 times) a dedi server in the UK or one in Germany when that happens with the USA players at late night.

Hello Alex,

Yeah it works pretty good for me on MW 2019 I have even noticed that the game sometimes while in the lobby waiting for a match or waiting for a friend to join it will ping all the servers around me and they all get blocked the ones outside my geo-filter circle.

Also what I did a few times while playing a game switching to spectate mode on geo hold my ps button on the controller so the ps side menu come I exit the chatparty that I am in and rejoin it again then I will hear new friends that has joined the PS4 chat later and was not able to hear them when they joined in chat.

I also change directly to filtering mode after I can hear the person that has entered the PS4 chatparty.

I play on a desk and have my laptop next to me running DumaOs the whole time when I am gaming so I monitor all the changes after each game/match.

Changes what I have seen between BO4 and MW.

I had all the closest servers that i found on BO4 on my allow list so ping around 10ms on MW i still connect to exact the same servers as in BO4 sometimes.

But there are also quite a few new ones which show me also around 10-12 ms and appear as a peer or I see just only the ip address with no further info.

And yes I have also sometimes that I connect to a host and don't see the ping how much ms it is. 

So definitely this game uses the same BO4 dedi servers and some new ones as well.

Do you want to make a new topic where we can post the servers we find on MW 2019 and look them up before posting there so we know the location and that it is a dedi server.

By the way I am on a XR700.

11 hours ago, Mobel said:

Do you want to make a new topic where we can post the servers we find on MW 2019 and look them up before posting there so we know the location and that it is a dedi server.

By the way I am on a XR700.

I agree with this. One of the dedicated servers by me in Long Beach, ca is Choopa. I’m getting 50% packet loss somewhere in the middle of my connection to it and I don’t know what the issue is or how to fix it. 

Hello Alex,

These are a few from mine region that i never came across before (The Netherlands EU)

Servers.com I have never seen that one before but the connection was very good.

Also came across one today from a different server company but was located next to my city but the ping was 35 ms and not good connection in-game also, looked it up also strange.

Could u please keep us updated for the new cloud update.

Unfortunately I ran across a few issues during testing for Modern Warfare, so I think it will take a little longer to get it working perfectly.

For now, my recommendation is to use Ping Assist, as that feature seems to be working pretty well with Modern Warfare.

On 10/28/2019 at 11:21 AM, Netduma Alex said:

DumaOS can defeat skill based matchmaking but it will take a little bit of fiddling from our end to get it working perfectly with modern warfare.

can you explain how this SBMM will be defeated  and when will we see this update?

12 minutes ago, Mobel said:

But the geo-filter is working on CoD MW for me at least it is working.

Interesting... What settings are you using?

It works well for me currently if I just use Ping Assist.

The test I like to do to see if a game is fully compatible is to try and connect to games in another country, like America.

Currently Modern Warfare doesn't like me connecting anywhere outside of Europe, so it's not 100% working quite yet. We're working on it though.

I put my geo-filter radius on 270 km so it is covering only The Netherlands so not covering servers from France, UK, Germany, Ping Assist on 0 and Strict mode on.

I see also that I can switch to spectating mode for a short time when I am in the game or when I am in a lobby (for the PS4 chatparty) so when somebody is in the chatparty and I cant hear him I switch to spectating mode on geo and go in and out of chatparty and switch back to filtering mode.

And the game will still put me on servers in my region because I noticed that this game will ping the servers also while u in the game/lobby I noticed it a few times that I see the dedi server sign in my region and all the other ones appear like triangles while I am searching for a game or playing (the same it does when u press x on starting the game 'connecting to online services')