fakkel

The HDD like sound is killing me and my family

Hi, ever since Netduma swapped my original NetdumaR1 with another, because my old had problems behond repairing I hear HDD like accesing sounds coming from the second device while using any device on the wifi, like while streaming Netflix or browsing.

I never, ever had this with my first device and I have now tested a NetdumaR1 from a friend for a little while and I haven't heard a single thing, not even with my ear on the device.

The second device (the NetdumaR1 I am currently using) is so load I have to raise the volume from the soundbar so we can no longer hear the sounds above our favorite movies.

But when you use a device with now sound and you just want to scroll through your favorite online newspaper, it is horrible and I have to use my headset to stop the urge that I want to throw the device out of my window.

The HDD like sound only got worse and it is now way louder then before that is why I sent you this message. By the way when I recieved this device I directly noticed the sounds a coming from it and I worked in a computer repair shop for more then 10 years and this it not Coil Whine. I immediately sent a message and Jack replied I told him it wasn't super bad (back then) and we let it slide. But now it came to the point I try not to use the wifi because of noice that the Netduma makes! Please take this one back, I have tried two other Netduma's and never had a single problem. Coil Whine is really uncommon here any way with our outlets etc, so this is the only house device and a quiet house, that turns everyone completely crazy and on edge!

On 10/26/2019 at 11:22 PM, fakkel said:

Hi, ever since Netduma swapped my original NetdumaR1 with another, because my old had problems behond repairing I hear HDD like accesing sounds coming from the second device while using any device on the wifi, like while streaming Netflix or browsing.

I never, ever had this with my first device and I have now tested a NetdumaR1 from a friend for a little while and I haven't heard a single thing, not even with my ear on the device.

The second device (the NetdumaR1 I am currently using) is so load I have to raise the volume from the soundbar so we can no longer hear the sounds above our favorite movies.

But when you use a device with now sound and you just want to scroll through your favorite online newspaper, it is horrible and I have to use my headset to stop the urge that I want to throw the device out of my window.

The HDD like sound only got worse and it is now way louder then before that is why I sent you this message. By the way when I recieved this device I directly noticed the sounds a coming from it and I worked in a computer repair shop for more then 10 years and this it not Coil Whine. I immediately sent a message and Jack replied I told him it wasn't super bad (back then) and we let it slide. But now it came to the point I try not to use the wifi because of noice that the Netduma makes! Please take this one back, I have tried two other Netduma's and never had a single problem. Coil Whine is really uncommon here any way with our outlets etc, so this is the only house device and a quiet house, that turns everyone completely crazy and on edge!

This is quite strange, i've never come across this problem before. Have you tried multiple power adapters with the R1? I assume when you tested the other R1's against yours that you used the same power adapter to compare? The sound i'm imagining in my head is kind of like a crunchy electricity sound.

It has nothing to do with an electric sound. I recieved this Netduma when my first one was faulthy in another kind of box and it looked everything besides new, it made those process sounds straight away. It is the same as a hard drive you hear working, plus with 1 type of Google I found multiple people reporting the same thing. It completely drives us nuts and I need a solution please.

I am on the Netduma OS it makes these process sound atm I got it out the box. My previous NetdumaR1 never made any sound same for my XR500 or my neighbours NetdumaR1 in my house. We swapped power but same issue. It make a lot of noise while processing wifi connection, during downloading and streaming. I have seen multiple people with the same issues on this forum. Problem is my current NetdumaR1 is so load while under load you can hear it across the room and I work only 2 feet away from it, my dog sleeps almost next to it, it's horrible. 

I.dont know how many examples you need? But atleast Fraser should be aware of this, because he replied on every single post from people facing the same issues! I can atleast come up with a dozen more examples if you need me to?

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/7884-netduma-router-noise/

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/9578-netduma-r1-noise/

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/1105-netduma-start-screaming-o_o/

Given that you're probably out of warranty now and software likely won't fit it, I'd actually recommend you take the case of and see if there is anything causing it. There are 4 'clips' holding it on, something like a blade or tweezers should allow you to open each one.

I am not out of Warranty I recieved the brand new Netduma R1 last year. CHECK the email conversation I had with Jack. I am under warranty till August next Year!

Screenshot_20191102-230727_Outlook.jpg

But ok if you want to play it that way, fine. I think I made atleast 8 people buy Netduma products all over the worlds I can name them I can let them even phone you. And now when I have a Issue which I cleary stated multiple times (already at product arrival and multiple times over the past year when I still was in Warranty) it's not that it suddenly happened two week ago. I have this for more then a year it only got worse!