High Priority Traffic Bug

On 12/1/2019 at 2:30 AM, kymadn said:

What is the update on this? My high priority traffic still dose not work and there is no sign of DUMA OS 3.0

I payed for a product and the firmware on it does not work as intended? Something needs to be done

Hey mate, did you manage to solve this issue? I am experiencing the same issue on my brand new XR300 (firmware 1.0.3.38_10.3.30). It seems that sometimes High Priority Traffic is stuck to "on" even when my PS4 pro is on rest mode or even when completely powered off! Go figure. 

• 1 month later...

We are several months ahead of when i first reported these issues. Many others have reported the same problem now. The features in this router cannot function properly while these issues are present. All the features this router has are pointless if it cannot detect high priority packets correctly. I have to leave buffer bloat turned off otherwise my bandwidth is throttled while there is no High Priority Traffic happening.

We pay a premium on these routers for the advertised features. As a consumer I feel ripped off by this product which has so many bugs. I am very tempted to go to the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission). These issues have been been reported and documented several times throughout this forum. We still have no dates for these issues to be resolved.

@Netduma Admin@Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser I am deadly serious about this. DumaOS developers and Netgear should be facing a class action for false advertising and lack of remedial firmware. All this talk about DumaOS 3.0. I couldn't care less about new features. I just want the features I paid for to work.

I was very patient to begin with, however this is beyond a joke now. We still have no update or time frame on a resolution for the bugs which were acknowledged long ago. 

I feel the exact same way. The XR300 that I got a couple of months back is a complete joke. None of the main features actually works properly and now I am stuck with a worthless £175 paperweight. It is clear that the DumaOS team doesn’t care, so I opened a ticket with netgear. They agreed that the router is not performing as it should but unfortunately as netgear does not have a representation in my country, I have to take this up with the seller. The lemon laws in my country don’t take into consideration  horrible software, so I am now stuck with a worthless XR300 since the seller denied me the refund I requested. 
If you ask me, what the netgear/Netduma are doing with these routers is borderline fraud and I am seriously thinking to open up a case reporting a defective product to the European Commission. Not sure if it will work but I m thinking it worths a try, as these guys are blatantly ripping off people and they seem to be getting away with it. 

Amen, It is not easy to return a router back to the store you purchased it, months later because of software bugs. Even with a receipt they wont accept it. This is why I am very serious about starting a class action. These products should be taken off the market immediately.

35 minutes ago, kymadn said:

Amen, It is no so easy to return a router back to the store you purchased it, months later because of software bugs. Even with a receipt they wont accept it. This is why I am very serious about starting a class action. These products should be taken off the market immediately.

Exactly. The only take it or leave it offer I had form the point of purchase was to get a different XR300, which I did and guess what? The very same firmware issues were still there. They offered to give me a third one to try but it clearly does not make any sense. What would make sense is a refund but they denied this twice already. 

• Administrators

I can't say anything more than I've already said unfortunately, I'm not a developer so can't work on this myself otherwise I would. I've raised this again with the team with the updated information, it may be that 3.0 is so close that it won't be necessary for a separate update - that would fix the issue but I'll await to hear back.

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2020 at 2:48 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I can't say anything more than I've already said unfortunately, I'm not a developer so can't work on this myself otherwise I would. I've raised this again with the team with the updated information, it may be that 3.0 is so close that it won't be necessary for a separate update - that would fix the issue but I'll await to hear back.

This did't age very well. "So close" but we are mid-April and still no news about any of the show stopper issues that have been reported for months. Shame on you guys...

@kymadn

youve probably had enough of your router by now but im curious which ports you prioritized for Apex Legends, i originally had all the TCP and UDP ports added but some of them are shared with Battle.net launcher (i also play Overwatch) so I removed most of them and tested to make sure during an Apex game i still get the red indicator light, usually when sitting in the lobby the light will go off but it just depends on if the high prio packets are still moving or not

if youre interested ill get the exact ports i set up, not sure if it will help

I have given up on the router. I could never get it working. High priority detection sticks on and doesn't work, therefore all main features don't work as they rely on HP detect. I have switched routers now.

The waiting for a firmware fix is beyond a joke now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2020 at 3:18 PM, kymadn said:

I have given up on the router. I could never get it working properly across all games. High priority detection dosn't work like suppose to. I have switched routers now.

The waiting for a firmware fix is beyond a joke now.

Same here. I have removed it from my setup. This is completely ridiculous 

• 2 months later...

9 months ago this issue was confirmed and we still have no fix. This product is still being sold on the market with defective software.

- The last firmware update for my router was Dec 2019 - 1.0.3.38 (Fixes the WiFi 5 GHz channel GUI display issue for China and Australia). No firmware updates since then.

Can admins please give us some transparency on timelines for firmware and stop beating around the bush?

Is there a fix for this in DumaOS 3 or not?

27 minutes ago, kymadn said:

9 months ago this issue was confirmed and we still have no fix. This product is still being sold on the market with defective software.

- The last firmware update for my router was Dec 2019 - 1.0.3.38 (Fixes the WiFi 5 GHz channel GUI display issue for China and Australia). No firmware updates since then.

Can admins please give us some transparency on timelines for firmware and stop beating around the bush?

Is there a fix for this in DumaOS 3 or not?

I would really like to know that too. Right now my XR300 is collecting dust as I have found it to be too unreliable to be a part of my setup