Jump to content

Recommended Posts

You guys seriously need to stay on top of this man. Lately I've been getting missed placed servers in my radius where my ping is like close to 300ms and skip. Its more and more prevalent.

Screenshot 2019-10-05 at 11.42.52 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked that IP and it's in the exact right location - Chicago. I even checked with Ping/Traceroute and it's consistent with it being located in Chicago. You may have some ethernet cable issues or you need to fine tune your QoS as you may be experiencing local congestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the same in checking out the IP, as it is very much Chicago IP address as you can see below.  I also have attached a pingplotter I had going for over 10 minutes. I only experienced spikes due to watching youtube and not having QoS turned on. Overall, it's been pretty stable. 

 

104_156_234_173_chicagoIPserver.png

pingplotterillnois.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I just checked that IP and it's in the exact right location - Chicago. I even checked with Ping/Traceroute and it's consistent with it being located in Chicago. You may have some ethernet cable issues or you need to fine tune your QoS as you may be experiencing local congestion.

 

12 hours ago, TrayDay said:

I did the same in checking out the IP, as it is very much Chicago IP address as you can see below.  I also have attached a pingplotter I had going for over 10 minutes. I only experienced spikes due to watching youtube and not having QoS turned on. Overall, it's been pretty stable. 

 

104_156_234_173_chicagoIPserver.png

pingplotterillnois.png

thanks guys! Super weird. Maybe its just congestion, never had any issues like this before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its an odd issue you have. Id check everything on your end. The thing is your not that far from Chicago. And other servers in that area I usually ping around 28-30 ms. I would think you should be pinging servers there at around the same ms since we are in the same state. Even though close doesn't always mean good pings I would think you shouldn't be that high.. See if things settle down for you in awhile.. Maybe it was just a bad day.. Good luck!

Zippy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zippy said:

Its an odd issue you have. Id check everything on your end. The thing is your not that far from Chicago. And other servers in that area I usually ping around 28-30 ms. I would think you should be pinging servers there at around the same ms since we are in the same state. Even though close doesn't always mean good pings I would think you shouldn't be that high.. See if things settle down for you in awhile.. Maybe it was just a bad day.. Good luck!

Zippy.

Its just occasional. It was happening to a server in texas too. I was thinking it was a mislocated server. It honestly must be a congestion thing. I've never had a problem. I'm going to replace the ethernet cable that runs to my modem though. If it keeps happening I'll contact charter and have them check my line. Whenever I've done pingplotter I've never seen any issues at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Its just occasional. It was happening to a server in texas too. I was thinking it was a mislocated server. It honestly must be a congestion thing. I've never had a problem. I'm going to replace the ethernet cable that runs to my modem though. If it keeps happening I'll contact charter and have them check my line. Whenever I've done pingplotter I've never seen any issues at all.

Yah see how things go. It never hurts to give charter a call if need be and have them check your line. That is something I always do. They know me by my first name now if that tells you anything. :D  Not sure what kind of techs you have in your area but if you get a tech that has the newer testing equipment to test your line you will be golden!

Zippy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...