Jump to content
areyoudizzzy

Why no DMZ option with DumaOS on the R1?

Recommended Posts

I've been looking around for the option for ages as I can't get Open NAT on Call of Duty games on PS4 when connected to the netduma. Neither UPNP nor port forwarding seem to work, even though the netduma is in the DMZ of my ISP router. I then stumbled upon this:

Quote

I haven't used my R1 in a while and recently updated to the DumaOS but I could swear I got open NAT in the past by putting the console in the DMZ of the R1 on the older firmware.

I've also tried manually opening all ports (1-65535 TCP+UDP) with no luck.

I do get Open NAT when the PS4 is in the DMZ of my ISP provided router. How can I get it to be open via the Netduma?

Extra info:

  • Not using bridge/modem mode on router as the R1 will limit my gigabit connection to 200mbps (Netduma in DMZ of ISP Router, tested that DMZ works correctly)
  • R1 has a static IP assigned (for the WAN IP I chose 192.168.1.188)
  • R1 "Router IP Address" I kept the default 192.168.88.1 with "DHCP Range" 192.168.88.100-250
  • Subnet mask is the same everywhere 255.255.255.0
  • Gateway set to ISP router's IP (192.168.1.1)
  • PS4 is wired, has static IP set on console and R1 to 192.168.88.250, no proxy, auto MTU
  • Tried UPNP set to ON with no manual port forwards, tried UPNP set to OFF with manual port forwards, tried both set to ON, tried manually port forwarding the whole range of ports (1-65535)
  • R1 Firmware R1 2.1.3.29
   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm this is quite an annoying one, because as you say, DumaOS on the R1 does not support DMZ. I'm surprised that the manual port forward option didn't work... Did you disable QoS at the time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you referring to NAT on the game or console? If it is open on the console but not on the game then it is likely a misreading. The Geo-Filter can cause this misreading so disable it before you boot the console/game and it should be open. If so you can enable it after that and class it as a misreading when Geo is enabled. We will implement it in future but it hasn't been a priority thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the response. The console suggests NAT Type 2 which I've read suggests Open NAT, but in game I get either moderate or strict and although you say it might be mis-reading, it is affecting my ability to join lobbies with friends. I've tried turning off the Geo-Filter before booting the console and game and that hasn't helped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your ability to join friends is being affected then it suggests that the problem isn't just cosmetic.

Do you have any other port forwards going on? Could they be interfering with the console's connection?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Desculpe escrever em português, mas me parece que seu modem/ISP está bloqueando as portas. Pode ser seu provedor bloqueando as portas. Veja se seu modem tem DMZ. Se tiver, ative o DMZ para seu netduma r1. Isso resolverá!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've dealt with th is same issue and it's soooooo irritating 
 

 The only fix is to restart your R1 each day, and boot up your console afterwards.  This will get your open nat
 

 port forwarding and everything doesn't resolve this regardless of ports opened or anything.  

 

 this has been the only fix and i really wish they would just add a DMZ option.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, lockit14 said:

 this has been the only fix and i really wish they would just add a DMZ option.  

Well good news, we're planning to add a DMZ function. For now, you can just forward all ports, TCP and UDP.

Also, welcome to the forums!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

Well good news, we're planning to add a DMZ function. For now, you can just forward all ports, TCP and UDP.

Also, welcome to the forums!

Thank you, and forwarding all ports both tcp and udp doesn't fix the nat issue for xbox (and assuming playstation based on OP) for CoD 
 

 For me it's Bo3 that does the nat issue, although it may do it on Bo4 also i just don't play it as much.   

 

 Xbox will show that nat type is open
but when you get into the game it will show you as Moderate, and it won't allow people to join your games based off their nat.  Only the restart idea fixes it.   

 

 And nice, glad dmz functoin is coming to the R1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lockit14 said:

Thank you, and forwarding all ports both tcp and udp doesn't fix the nat issue for xbox (and assuming playstation based on OP) for CoD 
 

 For me it's Bo3 that does the nat issue, although it may do it on Bo4 also i just don't play it as much.   

 

 Xbox will show that nat type is open
but when you get into the game it will show you as Moderate, and it won't allow people to join your games based off their nat.  Only the restart idea fixes it.   

 

 And nice, glad dmz functoin is coming to the R1

Forwarding all ports doesn't fix the issue? Hmm... What have you got the R1 connected to upstream? Another router?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Forwarding all ports doesn't fix the issue? Hmm... What have you got the R1 connected to upstream? Another router?

nothing.   direct line from r1 router to xbox (and line to pc) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Netduma,

On firmware dumaos-2.1.3.29 R1.

I have the same issue over here unpnp save tabel not working neither portforwarding to open specific ports.

To get open nat or ps4 ports to open for game chat whats not working anymore after ps4 firmware 7.00 last update.

This issue is stil not fixed as on the old firmware for the R1 router from 2016.

Plus I had a view times that the router stopped working at all just crashed or something.

I switched to an old netgear router wrd3700v2 and everything works fine on that one!

Scorpio.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hello Netduma,

On firmware dumaos-2.1.3.29 R1.

I have the same issue over here unpnp save tabel not working neither portforwarding to open specific ports.

To get open nat or ps4 ports to open for game chat whats not working anymore after ps4 firmware 7.00 last update.

This issue is stil not fixed as on the old firmware for the R1 router from 2016.

Plus I had a view times that the router stopped working at all just crashed or something.

I switched to an old netgear router wrd3700v2 and everything works fine on that one!

Scorpio.

 

We sent out a cloud update this morning that should fix the PSN party chat problem. Press FLUSH CLOUD on Geo-Filter to update it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 4:58 AM, Netduma Alex said:

I mean, what is connected to the R1's WAN port?

so i have an ONT  (716GE-I)  

  With an ethernet cord ran from it to the netduma r1 (previously had ethernet from ONT to netgear router) 

 with the an ethernet cable from the netduma r1 #1 slot connected to xbox one, and a cable from the #2 slot connected into PC  

 

 Am i wrong or something in having just switched out my old netgear for the R1? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The number 1 slot is only for WAN, so only ever connect the device that will be providing internet access to the R1 to the first slot. Slots 2, 3 ,4 and 5 are for LAN devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 7:41 AM, Netduma Alex said:

The number 1 slot is only for WAN, so only ever connect the device that will be providing internet access to the R1 to the first slot. Slots 2, 3 ,4 and 5 are for LAN devices.

 yep my mistake, that's how it is.   slot 2 is to xbox, slot 3 is to PC*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes okay cool okay, got it now. So the fact that the internet connection is coming straight from the ONT makes it unlikely that it would be causing any NAT issues. The problem might have something to do with two consoles asking for the same ports. Perhaps the restart is resetting the UPnP connections which opens the NAT again.

So now I just need to figure out a fix, let me have a think...

Okay you could forward specific ports to each console. For example, if the PlayStation was on 500, the Xbox could be on 501. I'm not sure how well this would work because I haven't tried it myself but people online seem to suggest it. I think the internal ports need to remain at their original number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...