rmnhsd

How to remove offline devices from router?

On 2/8/2020 at 7:34 PM, RedBull2k said:

I made the tool for myself and over the last couple of years it has evolved, first i made for the r1, then when duma os came out, i had to remake it all, and learnt new things. So i havent made it to fix a mess i made it to help me, i mearly mentioned it a year ago or so, but never mentioned it again untill a couple weeks ago, there were forum useres who requested a copy of it, but at that time it was not user friendly or anything like that it was just for me, but im ok in sharing. So i had 2 weeks off work first full 2 weeks in many years, and had the time to actually make it to a point i could share it, and with some feedback and more time it evolved slightly more. Im not sure whats available in the sense of scanning for virus,trojan,malware,spyware, etc. but anyone can feel free to test it in a Sandboxie or simular. I am familier with github i have landed on that site while researching, but im pretty sure the format i script/code in is not compatible. The only other feedback i get other than comments in forums, the site i use to get the server information have given me a free licence for 50thousand requests for lookup per month. so i will know how many requests have been made.

The app does not install on any router, its a standalone exe that registers a activex so i can use its functions. This is just a hobby, and i dont require anything to be trusted, just a use at your own risk. 

My intention is not for it to be a supplement, my intentions is if you have a use for it then you can use it. its a use at your own risk kinds thing which i had stated in the other topics. basicaly almost everything its doing it can be done by hand. 

I know its not installed on the router, nevertheless .exe files can cause harm if they contain malware or pass private data back to a third party server and I have no idea who you are (no offence) or what your code contains, hence my reticence since the app interacts with router to remove extraneous devices which means it could possibly cause issue with GUI or corrupt it which is why I was suggesting asking for the code to maybe be published on GitHub.Take Voxel for example he publishes the GPL Code for the R7800 he creates on GitHub with no issue. My point is it would be good to see your code in full so people know its safe, that's all (if you are worried about it being stolen maybe patent it) I have no wish for your app to be removed, but people should not need to use other tools or use a virtual machine which is the safest method to check out firmware they are downloadin, especially when removing offline devices should be done by the router anyway.

You have good points. But I have nothing to prove, its a take it or leave it kinda thing, I have no reason to publish anything to github or alike. But if you are interested in how I accomplished it I'm happy to give pointers.

42 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

You have good points. But I have nothing to prove, its a take it or leave it kinda thing, I have no reason to publish anything to github or alike. But if you are interested in how I accomplished it I'm happy to give pointers.

I don't ever download files unless they come from a trusted source. Have nice day.

I got the RX500 about 8 months ago and been loving it, but the last 2 months or so it was acting up and causing as much issues as an apple router (I had that before) and it was really disappointing cause the first 6 months it was amazing how it managed my peoples workflow and gaming with streaming etc, but I decided to really get into it and couldn't get it fixed since after rebooting it within a couple hours it'd just crap out. I checked these forums for new info and boom 🤯 the ghost devices issue appears, I had the same thing with over 150 devices showing in the "offline" area and my current 40 or so on the respective area. I did a hard reset and for the last 12 hours it's been working great 👍 it would usually crap out within a couple hours. 

I hope Duma OS 3.0 adds a way to remove those pesky ghosts. 

7 minutes ago, ENDWARO7 said:

I got the RX500 about 8 months ago and been loving it, but the last 2 months or so it was acting up and causing as much issues as an apple router (I had that before) and it was really disappointing cause the first 6 months it was amazing how it managed my peoples workflow and gaming with streaming etc, but I decided to really get into it and couldn't get it fixed since after rebooting it within a couple hours it'd just crap out. I checked these forums for new info and boom 🤯 the ghost devices issue appears, I had the same thing with over 150 devices showing in the "offline" area and my current 40 or so on the respective area. I did a hard reset and for the last 12 hours it's been working great 👍 it would usually crap out within a couple hours. 

We hope it does not have them!! I had Apple routers before, always found them good, basic but trouble free.

53 minutes ago, ENDWARO7 said:

We totally understand how frustrating that issue can be so I'm sure you'll be happy with 3.0 :)