rmnhsd

How to remove offline devices from router?

So this network map UI is already pretty bad even with a few dozen devices, but when you add the fact that it doesn't automatically remove old devices after a period of time... it gets completely unusable!

The attached image has offline devices on it that are months old.

How do I manually remove all offline devices at once?

Thanks!

20190902-183059-000.png

Holy crap that's a mess! Im not sure there is anything that will remove them except one by one manually. Maybe Netduma can give you advice on this.. Ive never seen anything so packed as yours. What did you do have a massive party at your house? lol.  How many devices do you normally have on your network?

Zippy.

This is IOT... Only two people worth of devices. Even stoves, microwaves, Nike shoes, etc., have wifi now!

But you make a good point- anyone using this firmware in a public setting would end up with hundreds of these things in just a few days. Nobody is going to sit there and delete them one by one.

You also make a good point. More and more things are now becoming connected. Really they should have a setting where devices get removed from the Device Manager after a period of time where there no longer active. Like after a couple of days they automatically get removed. Or have a setting where one can set a time frame. Can you imagine this router at a public coffee shop! That would be a really big mess!  The only thing you probably can do is a factory reset to your router to get what you have now under control. Basically starting from scratch. But that isn't by any means what I would call the ideal way to deal with this.. I know I wouldn't have the time to delete these one by one.. lol. Maybe Fraser or Alex know of an easier way. My Device Manager gets all screwy where I cant even delete them manually.. Even when they are offline.. 

Zippy.

Factory reset may be best option,that’s a crazy amount of devices ,I would factory and just re connect the devices in use 

Whats it like in table view? There looks to be a few duplicates of the same device, like its picked up a new IP on reconnection. In a shop you would not use a gaming router, simpler the better and not connected to anything important, or run off a separate incoming line for security. Small coffee shops may use guest accounts I suppose with isolation of one sort or another. Just going in to a electronics brick and mortar store (big one) doesn't show that many devices and that's with maybe a few hundred things on with Wi-Fi, TV's, IoT devices, computers, Wi-Fi speakers. That image is just plain odd, something isn't right, I'm pretty sure I can can 9 devices connected to the WAN one of which is a Netgear RBR40 Orbi router which is also offline too... 🤨

1 minute ago, Killhippie said:

Whats it like in table view? There looks to be a few duplicates of the same device, like its picked up a new IP on reconnection. In a shop you would not use a gaming router, simpler the better and not connected to anything important, or run off a separate incoming line for security. Small coffee shops may use guest accounts I suppose with isolation of one sort or another. Just going in to a electronics brick and mortar store (big one) doesn't show that many devices and that's with maybe a few hundred things on with Wi-Fi, TV's, IoT devices, computers, Wi-Fi speakers. That image is just plain odd.

First thing I noticed, I was wondering if the SSID had been changed and the duplicates were still hanging there but thought that should not really happen.... strange amount of devices

6 minutes ago, sharpz44 said:

First thing I noticed, I was wondering if the SSID had been changed and the duplicates were still hanging there but thought that should not really happen.... strange amount of devices

Or changing reserved IP's for the same devices via DHCP reservation could cause that I guess. I have to agree, a strange amount of devices...

We're planning to add a button to clear all offline devices or something along those lines. I like the idea of dropping devices off the list after a certain amount of time has passed, i'll ask the devs about it.

25 minutes ago, Netduma Alex said:

We're planning to add a button to clear all offline devices or something along those lines. I like the idea of dropping devices off the list after a certain amount of time has passed, i'll ask the devs about it.

Can we get a re do speed test button as well, that was promised when the router came out and its still not there. Yes we can do it manually but overheads make it easier for the router as first in line device after the modem and with all your gear switched off, you do get a fair assessment of your networks speeds I tend to find..

5 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Alright i'll make sure it's on the roadmap.

Until DumaOS updates on this router are streamlined, the roadmap does not mean much.  It is like having a shopping list and never going to the store to get the things on your list.

My assumption would be after the next big update that we can work on these issues and sorting them faster but don't quote me on that, I'm not involved with development.

Well table view would be great... if we were allowed to sort the columns by MAC or IP

I have no idea why we can sort by everything else except the two that would be most useful... However when sorting by name there appears to be very few duplicates if any.

I can see how you could sort by IP, just do it in ascending order, but how could you sort by MAC addresses? Seems to me like that would be kind of arbitrary.