Guest Killhippie

XR500 Firmware version 2.3.2.56 released.

1 hour ago, GTRAddict said:

Do they even care to update this router? Wish I returned it in time, disappointing it cant do the simplest of things

Absolutely, there is a .66 version for security updates and we're working on 3.0 which you can try in beta right now: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma

So far so good running the XR500 Beta DUMA OS 3.0,   The Network Benchmark is a little buggy and sometimes does not work,  And for some reason it will run really slow and on the CPU graph it only shows 1 CPU and it will be maxed at 100%,   Sometime requires a reboot,  Other then that, Im really liking the layout so far! 

On 12/11/2020 at 4:51 AM, IGotzPotatoAim said:

So far so good running the XR500 Beta DUMA OS 3.0,   The Network Benchmark is a little buggy and sometimes does not work,  And for some reason it will run really slow and on the CPU graph it only shows 1 CPU and it will be maxed at 100%,   Sometime requires a reboot,  Other then that, Im really liking the layout so far! 

Thank you for the feedback! Could you expand on the benchmark issues? By slow are you referring to the interface?

On 12/13/2020 at 3:52 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for the feedback! Could you expand on the benchmark issues? By slow are you referring to the interface?

Where can I get the 3.0 beta update for my XR450?

Will the XR500 ever get a proper DumaOS 3.0 release or is the beta the last update?? It’s been in beta since the summer of 2020.

7 hours ago, Mossberg said:

Will the XR500 ever get a proper DumaOS 3.0 release or is the beta the last update?? It’s been in beta since the summer of 2020.

It will definitely get a full release, it's just something that we want to make sure is as good as possible before full release!

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

It will definitely get a full release, it's just something that we want to make sure is as good as possible before full release!

I realise this is a wide question given lock-down,  but any idea of timescales for the XR500  Spring / Summer for Official release, ?

Thanks 

27 minutes ago, UK Sentinel said:

I realise this is a wide question given lock-down,  but any idea of timescales for the XR500  Spring / Summer for Official release, ?

Thanks 

I can't really speculate I'm afraid! I realise that's not really the answer you need but it's hard to give a date for it, are you currently running the beta?

Understood, Alas my XR500 is offline until a suitable stable non-beta build is released, fingers crossed for April  👍

Edited by UK Sentinel

Did I read correctly that there could soon be a new beta to replace XR500-V2.3.2.114 for the XR500 🙏

8 minutes ago, UK Sentinel said:

Did I read correctly that there could soon be a new beta to replace XR500-V2.3.2.114 for the XR500 🙏

A new beta build is being tested at the moment yes - still to be released in the beta community.

For those following this thread - 

NetDuma have released a new Open beta for the XR500 – v2.3.2.120

Highlights of this update:

• Big improvements to IPv6 compatibility
  • Improvements to general stability
  • System-wide GUI improvements
  • Updates to game and device detection
  • Fixed DHCP renewal causing internet to drop

Firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3oeb6dw25ngmwm/XR500-V2.3.2.120.zip?dl=0

Does the XR500 also have the same issue in regards to xbox party chat? I'm thinking of buying the router again.

No. XR450/500 and R2 don't. Only the R1 is effected. 

1 hour ago, R3M!X said:

Does the XR500 also have the same issue in regards to xbox party chat? I'm thinking of buying the router again.

Sorry didn't know where else to post this, but is DumaOS 3.0 available on the XR300 yet? Seems like its the only router that doesn't have the firmware available at this point, is it even going to be coming? 

23 minutes ago, Squizz said:

Sorry didn't know where else to post this, but is DumaOS 3.0 available on the XR300 yet? Seems like its the only router that doesn't have the firmware available at this point, is it even going to be coming? 

As far as I know the XR300 is EOL (end of life) no idea if it will get DumaOS 3.0 tbh.

1 hour ago, Squizz said:

No not yet but we are working on it!

Hi, any news of a newer release for the XR500 than Open beta for the XR500 – v2.3.2.120 ?

Thanks

Most any and all betas regarding the XR500 will be here;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-120-XR500/td-p/2071196/jump-to/first-unread-message

50 minutes ago, UK Sentinel said:

Hi, any news of a newer release for the XR500 than Open beta for the XR500 – v2.3.2.120 ?

Thanks