Jump to content
Dmaune

To filter or not to filter that is the question

Recommended Posts

Well your house config is the same as mine... minus the R6400
the "NET" router is from ISP - and that should not make any difference if you are able to configure it ... or not.

All the important settings I've spoken of, are to be done on XR500.

Alain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just so weird how if i let it sit dormant for a while and i don't play i have no problem once i start.  Then after an hour or so everything goes to shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, AlainCh2 said:

Well your house config is the same as mine... minus the R6400
the "NET" router is from ISP - and that should not make any difference if you are able to configure it ... or not.

All the important settings I've spoken of, are to be done on XR500.

Alain

So turn dhcp off on my mr1100 then all the other settings are done in the xr500 correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dmaune said:

So turn dhcp off on my mr1100 then all the other settings are done in the xr500 correct?

Yes : NO DHCP on MR1100...
...I hope you know how to do it, otherwise ask.

NOTE:
for configuring XR500 you have to know what IP range MR1100 is working - mine is 192.168.1.x

XR500 = Static IP y.y.y.3  - set gateway to     y.y.y.1   (MR1100 IP address)

Modify also DNS  .... as suggested in pic!



image.thumb.png.51157db29bb3e35ca5aa8fc4eac42540.png



THEN
whatever LAN IP you are using now, make the XR500 x.x.x.1 -  I used 10.0.0.1 and I'd suggest you that IP 'cause it's easier to write.
As a rule: 127.x.x.x is LOCAL - 192.168.x.x  - 10.x.x.x  are LAN  -  All are these "Private IP" - (not transmitted over the NET)
NOW

- set DHCP range (in XR500)     - x.x.x. 100-200.

image.thumb.png.df5e76f1fef65d223a4f962b754dce20.png
 

This is my config!

I use static IP for most devices I want to know if on-line,
or access directly from main PC - for that I saved 2-150 and 200-254 IP space
(you may not have needs for Static IPs - so forget or ask more)


Remember to save it on disk and ONLY AFTER remember to reboot the router.
(so whatever happens you dont have to re-write it all)

Hope it Help

Alain


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dmaune said:

Hmmm

Will geofilter still work?

and no I haven't tried that.  Only turned qos off but traffic has always been enabled.

Yep Geo filter will still work. Mine and my wife's phones wouldn't work at all when Netflix was on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AlainCh2 said:

Yes : NO DHCP on MR1100...
...I hope you know how to do it, otherwise ask.

NOTE:
for configuring XR500 you have to know what IP range MR1100 is working - mine is 192.168.1.x

XR500 = Static IP y.y.y.3  - set gateway to     y.y.y.1   (MR1100 IP address)

Modify also DNS  .... as suggested in pic!



image.thumb.png.51157db29bb3e35ca5aa8fc4eac42540.png



THEN
whatever LAN IP you are using now, make the XR500 x.x.x.1 -  I used 10.0.0.1 and I'd suggest you that IP 'cause it's easier to write.
As a rule: 127.x.x.x is LOCAL - 192.168.x.x  - 10.x.x.x  are LAN  -  All are these "Private IP" - (not transmitted over the NET)
NOW

- set DHCP range (in XR500)     - x.x.x. 100-200.

image.thumb.png.df5e76f1fef65d223a4f962b754dce20.png
 

This is my config!

I use static IP for most devices I want to know if on-line,
or access directly from main PC - for that I saved 2-150 and 200-254 IP space
(you may not have needs for Static IPs - so forget or ask more)


Remember to save it on disk and ONLY AFTER remember to reboot the router.
(so whatever happens you dont have to re-write it all)

Hope it Help

Alain


 

You da man!  Let me set all that up and I'll let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AlainCh2 said:

Yes : NO DHCP on MR1100...
...I hope you know how to do it, otherwise ask.

NOTE:
for configuring XR500 you have to know what IP range MR1100 is working - mine is 192.168.1.x

XR500 = Static IP y.y.y.3  - set gateway to     y.y.y.1   (MR1100 IP address)

Modify also DNS  .... as suggested in pic!



image.thumb.png.51157db29bb3e35ca5aa8fc4eac42540.png



THEN
whatever LAN IP you are using now, make the XR500 x.x.x.1 -  I used 10.0.0.1 and I'd suggest you that IP 'cause it's easier to write.
As a rule: 127.x.x.x is LOCAL - 192.168.x.x  - 10.x.x.x  are LAN  -  All are these "Private IP" - (not transmitted over the NET)
NOW

- set DHCP range (in XR500)     - x.x.x. 100-200.

image.thumb.png.df5e76f1fef65d223a4f962b754dce20.png
 

This is my config!

I use static IP for most devices I want to know if on-line,
or access directly from main PC - for that I saved 2-150 and 200-254 IP space
(you may not have needs for Static IPs - so forget or ask more)


Remember to save it on disk and ONLY AFTER remember to reboot the router.
(so whatever happens you dont have to re-write it all)

Hope it Help

Alain


 

I have a static ip from the isp so i put that in the internet ip address and applied the ip address for the mr1100 in the gateway ip.  I have my dns set to manual on the mr1100 so i used those numbers in the dns settings.

I already had an ip assigned to the ps4.  Would you suggest assigning an ip to every device?

Look ok?

15647727436725253952283323785882.jpg

15647727839718266396830563408523.jpg

15647728016888526493712467837683.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold on -----
what router is connected to NET (ISP) ?????

Dont touch the MR110 right now.
Answer before!


(my assumption was - MR110 is the ISP - if so follow "per lettera" my instructions on XR500- dont touch the MR1100)

Alain

PS: cant read what is on the grey screen shots ( zoom = Ctrl + Mouse wheel . then pic again)

Gosh ... dont touch MR1100  it's ISP   on 192.186.1.1

Follow "asis" my screenshots!!!!  Use my EXACT configuration (it's LAN not Wan we are dealing with)

Now I'm sure you have conflicting IP spaces

_____ Please dont quote full message... that make a lot of real estate on screen !! 🙂

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but what do you mean what router connected to net (isp).  I have at&t mobile data plan.  I plug the sim card into that and have ethernet running from thatbto the xr500.

Keep in mind im a complete noob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dmaune said:

....do you mean what router connected to net (isp).  I have at&t mobile data plan. ...

Keep in mind im a complete noob

a)  that's the ISP  / Internet Service provider / At&T ( Whoever bring you the NET, on a public IP, is an ISP)

b) I know / not a problem / dont invent / follow instruction / stay on safe side  (basic noob rules)

c) LAN NEVER USE PUBLIC IP (not knowing that, means means exposing LAN devices to Internet with no filter)

Alain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem determination continue on private chat.
LAN settings are  up to the book, now.

I'll post any finding.

Alain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's still currently blocking players outside the circle, however, I'm still having a number of issues.

Duma OS takes about three minutes to load, which is super annoying.

Xbox party chat will not work while the geo-filter is active.

I want ping assist to work. Have you guys fixed this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MrLuKeSsT said:

It's still currently blocking players outside the circle, however, I'm still having a number of issues.

Duma OS takes about three minutes to load, which is super annoying.

Xbox party chat will not work while the geo-filter is active.

I want ping assist to work. Have you guys fixed this issue?

Hi Luke - would you mind making another post about your issues? They could well be unrelated to this thread, and your issue likely won't be seen by anyone if it's on this thread.

We'll give you some suggestions on your new thread, but when you make it, please let us know what you've tried. Is your NAT open? In what way is Ping Assist not working?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay that's interesting. I think what must be happening is that the Geo-Filter is blocking a server that's involved in voice chat. Ideally this server would be permanently whitelisted by us, but it's possible that Microsoft changed some servers around and we haven't caught it yet.

Could you try turning up ping assist a bit and see if that lets voice chat work? I don't know what kind of ping the voice chat server would be at, so start at 100 and move down each time you talk in a party to get it as low as it will go while it still works.

The idea here is that the party chat server would be allowed through by the Ping Assist, no matter where it's located.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...